• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Will Be Released in August According to Nintendo of Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Calm down guys. This comes from Zelda Informer and Nintendo of Europe. Two of the most untrustworthy sources.
Yes, even Nintendo of Europe is an untrustworthy source for me. They made a lot of mistakes in the past few months. So, I don't know what they are talking about right now. Here is the release schedule for the upcoming Nintendo games:

• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 17/Jun/2011
  • Kid Icarus Uprising Summer/2011
  • Solatorobo 1/Jul/2011
  • Fortune Street Aug/2011
  • Super Mario Aug/2011
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Aug/2011
  • Kirby Wii Sep/2011
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 Q1/2012

I won't believe it until Satoru Iwata himself signed this ;)

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Hey UM, do you think you could change the title of this a bit to show that this is still uncertain right now? xD
I think it's a bit misleading otherwise~ ^^;

::EDIT:: UM was supposed to be an acronym for Unlucky Monkey, not UM as is in um~ :P

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I don't understand the stab at ZI, they DO speculate a lot, but the only time I ever saw them passing off rumors as fact was with the whole pre E3 2010 rumors deal.

I've never seem them doing that again since.

All right, they do a crap load of rumors still, but at least not passing them off as fact.

That august thing might be because of the hack, but It could come out in Europe before America, if you look at Nintendo's recent releases.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Man, ZI only screwed up with the whole "Zordiana" thing, besides from that, they post reliable news, and also, they predicted almost everything Nintendo showed about Zelda correctly.

About the news however, I hope it is true, but I for some reason I don't believe it...

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
@Sarianae

Unfortunately, it looks like I can't change the title :(
Maybe a moderator can change the title to "Rumour"? (Or I am not smart enough to change the title xD)

Yes I've heard it too. Nintendo was hacked. What's going on recently? Big concerns like Sony and Nintendo getting hacked.

I totally agree with SinkingBadges. Zelda Informer should be renamed to Rumour Informer in my opinion.

Looking closer to this list, all the big games like Mario 3D and Skyward Sword are set to August. It's too strange. I think it was Reggie at the E3 this year who stated Kid Icarus: Uprising is set to release at the end of 2011. And it's nearly impossible a US release is more than one month seperated compared to the European release (Europe is only 2 days faster with Ocarina of Time 3D).

Edit:

Alex Plant and Nathanial Rumphol-Janc from Zelda Informer has made a statement (becoming clearer)

Alex Plant:

1) The reason why they didn't post a link is because you have to be registered European media to view the Nintendo of Europe press page. The source is TSA, who works for GameTrailers and has been extremely active and reliable in the Zelda community for years, so I have little reason to doubt it.

2) Just because it's listed for August in Europe doesn't mean it's not coming in America first. "Holiday" is a lot more wide open than "Q4."

Nathanial Rumphol-Janc:

It's from the press site, only available to press, and confirmed by TSA, who is a staff member of Game Trailers.

Last edited:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I totally agree with SinkingBadges. Zelda Informer should be renamed to Rumour Informer in my opinion.

Looking closer to this list, all the big games like Mario 3D and Skyward Sword are set to August. It's too strange. I think it was Reggie at the E3 this year who stated Kid Icarus: Uprising is set to release at the end of 2011. And it's nearly impossible a US release is more than one month seperated compared to the European release (Europe is only 2 days faster with Ocarina of Time 3D).

When I said the rumor thing, I meant that they do a lot of them but granted them that at least they don't pass them off as fact. I was actually defending ZI.
As Cuju said, the pre E3 2010 rumor thing is their only screw up. Since then, they've never passed a rumor as fact.

And Nintendo pushing the game first in Europe, while not necessary, wouldn't surprise me: Not only has OOT3D been announced as coming to Europe first, so was the 3DS. Nintendo realized they've been screwing over European consumers for years, so they are giving them headstarts recently.

Still, localizing for Europe is no easy task (many different languages, obviously), so the least they can do is keep it 2 days ahead. That's what makes most sense to me, at least.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
And Nintendo pushing the game first in Europe, while not necessary, wouldn't surprise me: Not only has OOT3D been announced as coming to Europe first, so was the 3DS. Nintendo realized they've been screwing over European consumers for years, so they are giving them headstarts recently.

That's a point SinkingBadges. Zelda Informer is actually quite a good Zelda Fanpage. But recently, the whole news section is build on rumours. I love their timeline theories and news articles, but currently, I don't have much faith in most of their published articles. If this news turn out to be true, my faith definitely will come back ;)

Nintendo realized they've been screwing over European consumers for years, so they are giving them headstarts recently.

Finally someone mentioned this :)
We got the higher prices, many great games without an EU release (now it's even harder to get the games with the Region Lock of the 3DS), prepaid cards will be released in July (No Links Awakening for me at the moment) and so on. They have to surprise the European Market. But I think this won't happen :lol:

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
NoE's site was hacked today. This was undoubtedly a prank from that.
Not sure about that. I know the site was hacked but the message is still there- and I don't think messing with Zelda fans by giving them a false release date was really the hacker's goal to begin with.

I think it's misinformation all the same, but you know what I mean.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I don't understand the stab at ZI, they DO speculate a lot, but the only time I ever saw them passing off rumors as fact was with the whole pre E3 2010 rumors deal.

I've never seem them doing that again since.

All right, they do a crap load of rumors still, but at least not passing them off as fact.

That august thing might be because of the hack, but It could come out in Europe before America, if you look at Nintendo's recent releases.

ZI actually posts up a lot of impressive articles and is usually always pretty 1-up on their news (except against GoNintendo, which is still the best :P) however a lot of people dislike them because of the after-taste of the Zordiana Fiasco, and because they sometimes slip into an unprofessional attitude.

Bear in mind that this was something they said a while ago, but this is the kind of attitude they sometimes slip into:

Dathen Boccabella said:
It's not often that we feature fan art here at ZI. There's just so many deserving works of art out there. I guess that we could make fan art a weekly feature, but then we might as well rename the site Zelda Dungeon, pretend that Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures don't exist and copy our news posts from Zelda Informer."

[source page]

They are usually good, but they slip up into an un-professional attitude sometimes, and I think this is what a lot of people dislike.

Anyways on-topic, I really wouldn't expect Skyward Sword to be out before the end of the Year.

i think nintendo of europe misunderstood when nintendo said "Holiday" they meant Christmas. but i think the europeans thought they meant summer because in europe when they mean Christmas they say Christmas not "Holiday". although Kirby's date could be correct because according to nintendo's website Kirby is coming out this fall and September is the start of fall.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Bear in mind that this was something they said a while ago, but this is the kind of attitude they sometimes slip into:

They are usually good, but they slip up into an un-professional attitude sometimes, and I think this is what a lot of people dislike.

Anyways on-topic, I really wouldn't expect Skyward Sword to be out before the end of the Year.

Well, look at that! I didn't know about that one, maybe 'cause I just started visiting the site about a year ago. Though, It's funny that it was Dathen who posted that. I mean, it's not the first time I've seen him taking a "light-hearted" jab (for lack of a better term) at anything. He's a satirical writer, after all.

Remember, he also wrote this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom