• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Will Be an Overdue Redesign for 3D Zelda

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Anyone else think this? I sure do. I'll tell you why.

This come to me as I have been replaying Ocarina of Time 3D and Twilight Princess. Both of these games are amazing, but, to me at least, they really don't feel too modern. Ocarina of Time is beginning to show it's age, and this is because of all of the improvements made in video games in general. Twilight Princess is the same. (I love both of these games :D)

And now we have Skyward Sword. There are so many things that make this game look more modern. From the clean new art style, engaging strategic battles, innovative motion control and smooth gameplay. Even some of the little touches make the game more modernized, like the new wall kick ability. In older Zelda games, you walk against a wall that is too tall and you just keep staring at it, it feels really dated to me, but in Skyward, Link will attempt to reach a high ledge by running up the wall, even if he can't make it, he will still try.

We have a brand new stamina meter and upgrade system (which isn't really new, but it is for Zelda). The stamina makes Link sprint and climb and so much more, allowing for better puzzle and combat experiences. The upgrade system will stop items from becoming underused and being used throughout the rest of the game.

50-100 hours! Speedy and enjoyable introduction (*cough* Ordon..)! No empty and wasted overworld space! It keeps going on!! Skyward Sword will be a Zelda game for THIS generation. This will most likely be the new benchmark for Zelda games to come.

Some might say; "How do you know, you haven't played it.". Well, I think we can trust what Miyamoto said at the 3DS Conference. He called this game truly amazing. I think that is all we need to hear. Re-assurance from a gaming GOD.

So, do you think? Do you reckon the game will be amazing as said by Miyamoto? Or are you for some reason still skeptical? I think we can rest assured that Nintendo isn't going to stuff this up, they've been working on it for 5 years!

Do you think this is what Zelda need? I sure do :D

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well I certainly trust that man to deliver on what he said. If he says it's amazing, it will be. As for SS bringing Zelda into the modern age, I totally agree with what you said there especially about the new game mechanics for jumping up to ledges. I also find that the Bokoblins stamping on your fingers to get you off a ledge is also a neat addition.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I agree very much with a lot of what you said for Skyward Sword. Yes, it will be a modern Zelda game, yes there are new things in there that will make this game even better/more realistic, yes the intro will be MUCH better than Twilight Princess, and yes, I do love the 50-100 hours of gameplay.

However, with your mention of Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess showing their age... that's kind of to be expected. Ocarina of Time is thirteen years old, which is a long time in the world of technology. Technology rapidly changes, so it doesn't take long to start showing signs of age. If/when we get an HD Zelda game Skyward Sword will start looking old. If Zelda ever started to use motion sensors in the way the Kinect does, the WiiU game will look old. My point is that technology changes so fast that things will look old pretty quickly. But that's not to say it's great to play the new games, as well as the old. :zelda:

I think that you are very correct about everything that you said. My favorite new addition is the improvement of enemy AI... and the wall jump thing.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I think that you are very correct about everything that you said. My favorite new addition is the improvement of enemy AI... and the wall jump thing.
I damn love that wall jump thing!

And about the showing age thing, I know it's expected, When playing through the remake, it shows how it has partially aged. Twilight Princess, though, Isn't really that old, but it's already aging :D I think Skyward Sword will hold up well for a while.

F

foundthebigkey

All indications are it will be.

Unless all this stuff their talking about is hot air, this will be an AAA title.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
I agree with the most things there, but I believe that it won't be such a change like LttP or OOT, but anyway, every new and old addiction is perfectly well placed

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I agree with the most things there, but I believe that it won't be such a change like LttP or OOT, but anyway, every new and old addiction is perfectly well placed

I agree. Though it won't be a massive overhaul, it will be a fairly large one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom