• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword vs Majoras Mask

Hi, I’m new to this site and new to the world of Zelda. I just finished my first ever Zelda game in Wind Waker HD on Wii U and loved it. My question is which game next. I just had MM 3D show up today and downloaded SS from the Nintendo Eshop so both are ready to go. Which Should I play next as my second ever game?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I'd probably go with Majora since that tends to be more widely praised and Skyward Sword has had more of a mixed reception. Mind you Majora's Mask is a sequel to Ocarina of Time but you'll understand Majora just fine even if you haven't played Ocarina. Something to keep in mind tho.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Hi, I’m new to this site and new to the world of Zelda. I just finished my first ever Zelda game in Wind Waker HD on Wii U and loved it. My question is which game next. I just had MM 3D show up today and downloaded SS from the Nintendo Eshop so both are ready to go. Which Should I play next as my second ever game?
Welcome to ZD! I haven't played MM yet. But I don't see anything wrong about going with SS as it is chronologically the first. It explains why it happens over and over again.

Like the previous guy/gal said, play Ocarina of Time before Majora's Mask if possible. I don't know how much you would like Skyward Sword if you're new to Zelda series.

MW7

I think you will be happy with either. I think Skyward Sword is more similar to Wind Waker than Majora's Mask. All three games are some of the best in the series in terms of sidequests and have unique game mechanics or gimmicks (Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess are more traditional). Both Skyward Sword and Majora's Mask have a higher learning curve than Wind Waker with Skyward Sword's combat and Majora's Mask time mechanics. Wind Waker HD is actually one of the best places to start in the series to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom