• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword- Too Easy or Too Hard?

What difficulty should SS be?

• Psshh, easy! (TP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A better challenge. (OoT)

• A newbie's nightmare. (ALttP)

• Oh, heck no... (AoL)

• Total voters

Nicole

luke is my wife
As we wait for the upcoming release of SS, we theorize, speculate, and generally wish for things to be included or things to happen in the game. Many people currently talk about how AoL, the "black sheep" of the series, is way too hard and discourages gamers. Most of us can agree that TP, on the other hand, was way too easy, with enemies being harder than the dungeon bosses!

So what do you want? Do you hope for an easy, 20-hour playthrough? Or a challenging game in which you can rack up 50+ hours of gameplay? Whichever you choose, relate the game to a current Zelda's difficulty, i.e. Twilight Princess easy, A Link to the Past medium, or Adventure of Link hard.

I, personally, don't think it will be too hard, just because of my skill with the Wii console. I hope it isn't ridiculously easy, even if I am super lazy. I would like a considerable challenge. What about you?

I find Lttp to have the most balanced set of difficulty in the whole series, so I'll vote on it.

The big problem I see in AoL is not really it's difficulty. I don't get pissed at games that are hard, but I do get pissed at games that make me waste my time in unnecessary challenges (which gets me tired of playing it), like the fact that AoL made you return to the very beggining of the game everytime you died (outside of dungeons). Another example comes from Ninja Gaiden: everytime you died at the final boss of the game, you had to replay the whole level to try to beat it again. This didn't happen with the other bosses of the game, proving it was just an unnecessary design choice, which, instead of challenging, was just tiresome (at least for me).

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I would hope it would be around OoT's overall difficulty. Not to hard not to easy. Just something in the Medium to please old fans and make new ones fall in love with the series without getting pissed. I do not want AoL's difficulty. I hope for something just a but higher than OoT's difficulty. I want this game to last. It better rack up those game play hours.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I think an OoT difficulty wiould be just right. Why?

OoT was no insanly hard, but you cant say you complete in a blink. Also OoT was a game anyone can enjoy...as kids and grown-ups. Simply because it wasnt hard and bloody (by bloody I mean you die every sec) but it was easy and little bloody.

Besides form that with the WM+, they cant do anything so hard...since nobody has ever played a game like that, so

I just hope it won't be as easy as TP....if they made something that was just a little harder than OoT that would be a perfect balance...

Z

Zora X

I see it as being an easy game. I looks like it is trying to appeal to a broad audience. But you never know what will happen, I just won't be suprised if it is pretty easy. :)

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I would prefer SS too be a little harder than OoT and a little bit easier than ALttP. Somewhere in that range would be perfect! :D

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'd like the difficulty to remain at OoT's or MM's level. I think that would fit the best, out of category, with the Wii Motion+ system. Though I haven't experienced ALttP's hardness yet, I would not like to see AoL put up there. But based on the trailer and demo videos on the mainsite, I don't think the enemies will be almost insurmountably arduous as they were in the latter mention.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I just started playing Oot yesterday and I wasn't overwelmed by the difficulty, but I still got stuck a few times. If SS does this, it will be a great game! Plus Aonuma has already said that he wants to make the game itself challenging (figuring out what to do with the puzzles), he just wants the controls to be user friendly. So, this pretty much means that you'll get to a puzzle, think about it or get stuck, and once you figure out what to do, it's easy to do it. Simple enough? :)

Beeker

Wild Card
I'd say ALTTP's level of difficulty would be great.
Some of the enemies were tough and I did get stuck on a few puzzles, yet overall it was an enjoyable type of challenge. Not extremely easy and not hair pulling hard. As long as both the enemies and the puzzles are somewhat challenging, which could possibly happen, I'll be good.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I want it to be moderately challenging, but not so difficult it stops being fun. Games like A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask frustrate me so much that I simply don't enjoy them very much.

Ocarina of Time provided about the right level of challenge, and I wouldn't want it to be any harder than that. That said, I'd rather they err on the side of it being "too easy," as I can actually enjoy those games (The Wind Waker being an example).

What's required for me to enjoy an adventure game is gameplay variety and exploration. An easy game can still be tons of fun if it's extensive and well-designed (see Okami), while games that are distractingly difficult keep the gamer stuck in one place for far too long. I like forward momentum.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
For me personally, I'd like the difficulty to be somewhere between aLttP and AoL. The difficulty of the "Parallel Worlds" hack of aLttP would be just right for me (after the Guardhouse part of course, this was just a bit too nasty :)). I'd even be allright with AoL's difficulty level minus the annoyances of falling into lava/pit = instant death and having to restart at the beginning after losing 3 lives.
But that's coming from a somehow experienced Zelda player, if we want to newbies to enjoy the game too, then I'd go with "plain" aLttP difficulty level.
However, I fear that it actually will be on Wind Waker level (which IMO is below TP) because that seems to be the new trend in the industry, apparently nowadays many gamers will toss a game into the corner if they die once in it :/
So the best thing to satisfy everyone's needs would be a difficulty setting, with "Easy" being at WW level, "Normal" at OoT/MM level and "Hard" at aLttP~AoL level. I still hope they'll implement something like that. It really isn't that much of a programming hassle, depending on the level you choose they'd just have to change the damage you inflict or take per hit to/from a certain enemy, the number of enemies in dungeons/overworld areas and the accuracy it takes to land a succesfull hit on an enemy/boss and evade rates etc. Just some variables to alter, everything else can stay the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom