• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Theory!

Nayrulinkx

Japanese Wannabe
I thought of a SS theory! I thought of this theory while walking my dog... so let's get into it!

Theory:
Link doesn't completely save Hyrule in Skyward Sword.

I know it seems far-fetched, but it kinda makes sense.

Reasons:
In the beginning of Orcarina of Time, after you defeat Queen Gohma, the Deku Tree tells you the story of the Goddesses, and how they took the chaos of Hyrule and tuned it into something good. Well, Anouma says,

Aonuma on Skyward Sword's story:
"The trailer we showed you this morning was Link diving off a cliff into a sea of clouds. That's a very important point in the storyline. Link is a man who was born and raised in this land above the clouds, called Skyloft. One day, an incident reveals to him that there's another land beneath the clouds. This other world is a place ruled by evil forces and is very dangerous, yet Link is forced to go into that world and has to travel between Skyloft and that other land.
The definition of chaos is,

confusion, mayhem, bedlam, pandemonium, havoc, turmoil, tumult, commotion, disruption, upheaval, uproar, maelstrom; muddle, mess, shambles, free-for-all; anarchy, lawlessness, entropy; informal hullabaloo, hoopla.

The underlined words, and almost all others, mean Dangerous, in one way or another. So if the Goddesses save the chaos that is Hyrule, and Link supposedly saves the chaos that is Hyrule, I think Link somehow fails to defeat Ghirahim, or any other master villain (if it does a Twilight Princess) and the Goddesses have to finish the job for Link!

Resources: Deku Tree Oot, Gamespot, the dictionary.

It would be lame if this was real, because I want to defeat the master villain with Link, but it could be true!:D
Give me your thoughts on this. ^^

geek4887

The Unknown
I would actually want that to happen. I haven't seen any game without a happy ending. I know it's supposed to have one, but I'm quite curious as to what will happen. But that is just probably a misprint (on OoT) because apparently Nintendo doesn't care about the storyline. There has been so many inconsistencies on Nintendo's part of the storyline. Even Miyamoto confirmed that the storyline is his least priority when making games. :(

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
How would that happen gameplay-wise, though? Like, it forces you to lose to Ghirahim. This isn't a movie, it's a game.

Nayrulinkx

Japanese Wannabe
How would that happen gameplay-wise, though? Like, it forces you to lose to Ghirahim. This isn't a movie, it's a game.

I guess i'd go like this: Ghirahim wins in a cutscene, the goddesses kill Ghirahim, the goddesses bring Link back to life, all in a cutscene.:thinking:

But IDK

Last edited:

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I guess i'd go like this: Ghirahim wins in a cutscene, the goddesses kill Ghirahim, the goddesses bring Link back to life, all in a cutscene.:thinking:

But IDK

Again, SS is a GAME not a MOVIE. If the cutscenes are like that, it would become Metal Gear Solid XD

M

Miguel Fernando

First Princess ZELDA

If we remember ZELDA II The adventure of Link The princess ZELDA who is sleeping in the north castle is the FIRT PRINCESS ZELDA of HYRULE in SKYWARD SWORD maybe we casn see the destiny of the first princess of Hyrule and she fall sleep and all the princess then name ZELDA in hers honors

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
If we remember ZELDA II The adventure of Link The princess ZELDA who is sleeping in the north castle is the FIRT PRINCESS ZELDA of HYRULE in SKYWARD SWORD maybe we casn see the destiny of the first princess of Hyrule and she fall sleep and all the princess then name ZELDA in hers honors
One problem: the person sleeping was PRINCESS Zelda. In Skyward Sword, she is not a princess

M

Miguel Fernando

But maybe she become a princess in the end of the game and she is the first Zelda in all the games then she is the First Princess

It could work in multiple ways. Maybe you defeat him. then it cuts to the cut scene and he is out of breath but not like dead and either the goddesses and link or just the goddesses finish him off. OR link might have been given some sort of power from the goddesses that finish him off such as dins fire but different.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
If that's correct, it would fit in my theory, that's like that: During the battle with the last boss(Ghirahim's Master?) the Godess is "sumoned" by Zelda to stop the evil being, however the Godess takes a severe damange forcing she to split herself in three beings, during that Hyrule has fallen down in such a chaos, that the Godesses must intervene "again".

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
This came up in another thread a while ago. I prefer to continue thinking of "chaos" in the traditional metaphysical sense.

Hyrule was chaos before the godesses created matter, order, and life. This means that the chaos likely refers to space, disorder, and death, and it follows that this disorder is metaphysical chaos, not social chaos.

However, what you say brings up an interesting pattern though. OoT introduced a new timeline for new games (MM) to be added to (although it's possible that this wasn't utilized until WW), MM introduced a parallel dimension for new games to take place in (though none have yet), OoX introduced two new lands, the FSS may or may not have introduced a separate continuity, ST introduced a new Hyrule geographically separated from the old one... Zelda developers (specifically Aonuma I think) have been trying to create as many possibilities for new games as they can so that they don't box themselves in creatively. It's possible that if we are to reinterpret the classic creation story, SS could turn it into a recreation story. In that sense, SS could be adding an entire new universe that existed before the current one, which they could extend back as far as they want in order to avoid backstories of current games.In this case, Aonuma hesitates to say that SS is the first game because it's really the last game in this new universe, with the prospect of limitless possibilities for prequels. But for now, I prefer to keep the strict interpretation of creation and assume that Aonuma hopes to make more stories between that and SS in the future. (a universe reboot would make the timeline unnecessarily complex. occam's razor)
I don't think gameplay's the issue here. After all, we know that they usually place story second to gameplay, and rarely model gameplay around the story (TP being the only exception I can think of). LttP's backstory of the Imprisoning War didn't include a hero - only Hylian Knights and Sages. Despite that, they designed a prequel to tell that story with the Hero of Time added in. I don't think they're going to worry about small inconsistencies like that when focusing on the gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom