• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword: The Manga

LinkandZelda<3

Knight Academy Student(:
hey guys, brand new here. I've been anticpating the manga for skyward sword to come out for a long time. Still waiting, but the pages I previewed... were skillfully drawn but the story wasn't very right. Like the were saying there was a hero before the skyward sword Link. If anyone knows more, please tell me. And Also any thoughts on the mangaa.:lol:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
That was because the preview that they've shown us was meant to be Himekawa's personal interpretation of the history behind Skyward Sword that features the Ancient Hero that was chosen by Hylia long ago.

You might not have remembered this, but in the beginning of the game, when Link is standing with Zelda atop the Statue of the Goddess and obtains her Sailcloth, she makes one comment about how it was similar to the one that the Goddess gave her chosen hero long ago. This single line was all the information that was needed to confirm the existence of another hero before Skyward Sword Link. In the manga, Himekawa built on that and gave us the Link that we saw. :)

(And also, I've read all of the official Zelda mangas and am a huge fan of them! :D I love Link x Zelda so that's a given. XD)

LinkandZelda<3

Knight Academy Student(:
wait, i do remember! so youre saying that link... is still skyward sword link? or is it two completely different people??

LinkandZelda<3

Knight Academy Student(:
wait, I thought that skyward sword link... was the original??? you mean there was a link before him? i thought he was the first one!

Starleap

Canadian Girl
Throughout all of time there has been Link. Isn't that what was perceived when you played other games?

Link is not but one single person, he is a hero. A hero for all time. Only Nintendo will ever know about the first Link... It's kinda strange right? :)

Skunk

Floof
Well, I honestly would just like to see what Himekawa's perspective of SS is.

wait, I thought that skyward sword link... was the original??? you mean there was a link before him? i thought he was the first one!

It's more likely that SS Link is the reincarnation of the hero shown in the preview. There are many hints of this, such as when young SS Link looks up into the sky at the loftwings flying freely, he wonders why he feels this sadness and loneliness - a reference to how in the past, Link sent the island to the sky and looked up longingly, wanting to go with them but instead staying behind on the surface as he slowly dies. The young SS Link was probably feeling the remnants of his final memories from his past life, which were sad. Also, the crimson loftwing immediately establishes a bond with young SS Link - Zelda's father comments how it's strange how the two develop an immediate bond. This is most likely because the two have fought together in the past, and thus there's still that special bond between them that transgresses time.

By having SS Link be a reincarnation of the old Link, this will allow the manga to stay true to Nintendo stating that SS Link is the very first Link. And since the artists actually work closely with Aonuma (and need Nintendo's approval with the story), this is one part of the story they would have to stick to with SS Link being the original hero by making him a reincarnation of his previous self.

I didn't read the translation for the last panel of the manga preview when Hylia holds Link and cries, but it makes sense that in this story, since Hylia is reincarnated as Zelda, the old Link is most likely reincarnated as SS Link too. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in the manga, there's a reference to Link's reincarnation, which can allow the artists to play in more to the special relationship he and Zelda have, and reference their past lives to further strengthen that bond.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom