• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword--the Art Style

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, TP is still my fave art style of ALL TIME(let the rant replies start coming in). But since this really puts TP Link (they look similar to me), to a whole new world and adds bright colors to him, this may well have gone up to my graphic art style rankings. :)

Well, TP is still my fave art style of ALL TIME(let the rant replies start coming in). But since this really puts TP Link (they look similar to me), to a whole new world and adds bright colors to him, this may well have gone up to my graphic art style rankings. :)
He DOES look a bit like TP Link, doesn't he :lol:? To me, that reinforces the notion that Skyward Sword is taking and blending together various elements from the series - in this case, graphics - and adding a unique ingredient to the recipe resulting in a masterpiece. MOLTO BENE!!!

Okay, I admit, I might have taken it a bit TOO far...:sweat: Heheh...

geek4887

The Unknown
He DOES look a bit like TP Link, doesn't he :lol:? To me, that reinforces the notion that Skyward Sword is taking and blending together various elements from the series - in this case, graphics - and adding a unique ingredient to the recipe resulting in a masterpiece. MOLTO BENE!!!

Okay, I admit, I might have taken it a bit TOO far...:sweat: Heheh...
Haha, anyways like the graphics really matter. If you've known Nintendo for so long, graphics aren't really their forte. Wait, we're talking about art STYLE. Haha! Yet what you said about them making this recipe about the games, is interesting. Maybe each game from the series will contribute something into this new game? That will be EPIC!!!

Haha, anyways like the graphics really matter. If you've known Nintendo for so long, graphics aren't really their forte. Wait, we're talking about art STYLE. Haha! Yet what you said about them making this recipe about the games, is interesting. Maybe each game from the series will contribute something into this new game? That will be EPIC!!!
The art direction (or style as you put it) is that "unique ingredient" I mentioned :yes:, as only WW, and now SS possess it to full effect.

(all in my opinion, of course. Also, I think the artistic direction of SS makes up for any graphical limitations people think the Wii has. I'm no graphics buff. :shake:) :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Also, I think the artistic direction of SS makes up for any graphical limitations people think the Wii has.
That's exactly why it was such a good choice to use it in this game because it would look nearly as good as if the console was HD and had higher power, unlike Twilight princess with an art style and textures that were too much for the wii to make look their best.

A

Andyjoe

Zelda has never been about the graphics, but from what I've seen of Skyward Sword so far, I think I may have a new favorite art style.

geek4887

The Unknown
Well, all i can honestly say is the game looks gorgeous. But i sorta agree with a post a page ago, that Link's face sorta looks awkward to me. Eh, maybe that's just my opinion

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
When I first saw SS at E3 2010, I was in absolute shock. Now it's grown on me, and I can't imagine Skyward Sword looking any other way.

I think Link's face looks weird too, though...

P

Purehalo59

Ok I'm probably going to get a massive backlash here but I think that the TP graphics were the best. This new colour is great to look at and it makes the environments absolutely astounding. But the characters look a bit cartoony to me (this is only my opinion) with the TP Link looking more realistic. Yes the art style looks good and it will be a great environment to explore but TP graphics were better.

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
I think that the art style is one of the best so far. Although I can understand the people, who prefer realistic graphics, I think that this kind of graphics and art style fits the series better.The last big Zelda game (TP) looks realistic and therefore I find it somewhat "fair" that SS looks as it looks. The next big Zelda on Wii U can have realistic graphics.We should get variety.
But like I said before I love the new art style.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
The Art style is just beautiful...I understand how people think its a cross between TP and WW, but to me this is its own style. Everything about the art style looks like a painting just like Miyamoto, Aounuma and others have described it to be. and quite frankly, I really think it bears some resemblance to the art styles of the retro games because of its "cartoonyness". I have nothing but high hopes for Skyward Sword and I have no doubt that it may actually surpass Ocarina of Time! Yeah I said it! :)

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Ok I'm probably going to get a massive backlash here but I think that the TP graphics were the best. This new colour is great to look at and it makes the environments absolutely astounding. But the characters look a bit cartoony to me (this is only my opinion) with the TP Link looking more realistic. Yes the art style looks good and it will be a great environment to explore but TP graphics were better.

I don't see how TP is less cartoony.

I personally think graphics DO matter, but more of an expression on the feel of a game rather then who has better graphics. This game, is beautiful, but it also fits the Zelda game: whimsical adventure, with all sorts of exploration. But it also shows that it has a dark side, and can go there any moment. Just a change of colors and BAM! Its a whole new feel! I love the graphics for everything it is, and they might be my favorite.

When I first saw the graphics, I wasn't impressed. I didn't like it at all. But I didn't like Windwaker graphics when I first saw them, but after I played the game, I fell in love with a graphics. Just got to wait till you play the game, till you start judging it I guess. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom