• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Storyline: Need Your Help

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
http://zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Skyward_Sword_Story

We need your help in building a storyline guide here at the site. The above link is of the Zelda Dungeon Wiki page (used to create some of our content/guides). Please register and edit the page with any details.

When I first created the wiki page, I started with the storyline guide we had from Skyward Sword originally on the site... It is a few months outdated and there has been a LOT of information.

Feel free to segment the story page into sections and sub-sections. You can link to trailers and screenshots, as well as post quotes/interviews if need be. All of this will be added to the live page on the Skyward Storyline section once it is updated.

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I just hope that some joker doesn't start putting out false info. :(

skybird11

state alchemist
ive added that the birds are called Loftwings in the first paragraph and that the sword is called the goddess' sword. i want to add headdings like "skyloft" "faron woods" "eldin volcano" "desert" but i feel like id be messing it up without putting in info about the places.

also, if we have grammer freaks(no offence) it would be great if you could check it out. also idk if its goddess' sword or goddess sword(with or without the apostrophy?).

Last edited:
Based on all the spoilers, I think this is how the game will be.

1: introduction of skyloft. The player first has to establish this 'emotional connection' with Skyloft and the inhabitants. I even think this will take a few hours.

3: Link takes her on a date instead, but she gets 'kidnapped' by a tornado.

4: After Link somehow wakes up in his bed (alone) and hopes it was all just a dream, a weird 'ghost' appears at Skyloft.

5: Link chases this 'ghost' round and they end up in a room below the Goddess Statue, Link meets Phi, gets the Goddess Sword and all.

6: Link goes to Faron woods, solves the Kikwi's problems, meets the elder, gets the slingshot, collects the Temple Keys and enters the Skyview Temple.

7: Link goofs around in Skyview Temple, wondering through what window this promised view of the sky can be viewed ('sky' + 'view'), instead he finds a Beetle and some gay emo dude, who chases after a girl for some reason (perhaps he would like to try girl sometime).

8: Link finds out that Zelda is already taken away to another region and he and Phi go to Eldin Volcano.

9: Link solves the Mogma's problems (he "raids" an enemy base on his own, like he's a whole army instead of one dude), gets bombs/digging mitts, collect the key, perhaps meet the Guardian Dragon, and enters the Earth Temple.

10: Link enters Earth Temple (perhaps finds the Hero Bow) and defeats the boss, who is perhaps even motivated by Ghirahim to kill link. (He doesn't get the bombs IN the temple because he needs them BEFORE the Temple for beating those Lava-Muddkipps.

11: Link now returns to Faron Province to do the Lake Floria part. Meets the Guardian Dragon, Faron, solves the Parellas problems, gets a item, collects the key, enters Ancient Cistern Temple

12: Link beat Ancient Cistern Temple and gets a whip. 'hey', he thinks, 'I think Zelda would love this', and in the end he beats an evil mechanic Shiva.
(...)

Last edited by a moderator:

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
2: The whole flying contest, in which the winner can sleep with Zelda.

When I heard Kaepora say "The one who manages to catch the statue gets a prize from... the lovely Zelda!"
I thought he had said, "The one who manages to catch the statue gets a prize... the lovely Zelda!"

But doesn't Link meet Faron in the Ancient Cistern or near Lake Floria?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Well, here's the back story for Skyward Sword. Or, rather, the opening cinematic's text...

This is a tale that you humans have passed down through uncounted generations…

It tells of a war of unmatched scale and ferocity, the likes of which would never be seen again.
One dark, fateful day, the earth cracked wide and malevolent forces rushed forth from the fissure.
They mounted a brutal assault upon the surface people, driving the land into deep despair…
They burnt forests to ash, choked the land’s sweet springs, and murdered without hesitation.
They did all this in their lust to take the ultimate power protected by Her Grace, the goddess.
The power she guarded was without equal.
Handed down by gods of old, this power gave its holder the means to make any desire a reality.
Such was the might of the ultimate power that the old ones placed it in the care of the goddess.
To prevent this great power from falling into the hands of the evil swarming the lands…
The goddess gathered the surviving humans on an outcropping of earth.
She sent it skyward, beyond the reach of the demonic hordes. Beyond even the clouds.
With the humans safe, the goddess joined forces with the land dwellers and fought the evil forces, sealing them away.
At last, peace was restored to the surface.

That is a tale that you humans have told for many ages, generation to generation…
But there are other legends, long hidden away from memory, and are intertwined with this tale.
Now, a new legend bound to this great story stands ready to be revealed.
A legend that will be forged by your own hand.
So, in sum, the opening talks about a war that broke out in the "land below". Sound familiar? *thinks about Ocarina of Time's backstory* Then, one day, demons rose from the surface, destroying everything in their path, looking for the "ultimate power"(:triforce:), which is protected by the goddess herself. To protect the remaining humans, the goddess put them on one land mass and sent that land mass skyward, so the "demonic hordes" could not get to them. With the humans safe, the goddess joined forces with the land dwellers and sealing the evil forces away.
But, while that was happening, a legend that connects with that very story was being forged. It was being forged by your (the player's) own hand.

I'm sure this could be added to the page somewhere. I'm currently editing the page, and I made a sub-category called "Back Story", and I plan on putting either the opening text or my own interpretation of the opening...

Z

zelda448

I'm pretty sure the six dungeons are:

1) Skyview Temple
2) Earth Temple
3) Lanayru Mining Facility
4) Ancient Cistern
5) The Sandship
6) Fire Sanctuary

From what I've read you go back to them multiple times and stuff like that, but those are the 6 unique dungeons in the game.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I'm pretty sure the six dungeons are:

1) Skyview Temple
2) Earth Temple
3) Lanayru Mining Facility
4) Ancient Cistern
5) The Sandship
6) Fire Sanctuary

From what I've read you go back to them multiple times and stuff like that, but those are the 6 unique dungeons in the game.

I thought there were officially four dungeons, not six.

Yay! I'm replying to a thread started by Mases! XD

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I'm almost done playing through the game, After I'm done should I expand upon the story, Or is that not allowed?

Actually I think that I'll write down the full story on a Word document and when the clock hits 00.00 on the 20th I'll just update the page with all of the info, Will be better.

Last edited:

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I'm almost done playing through the game, After I'm done should I expand upon the story, Or is that not allowed?

Actually I think that I'll write down the full story on a Word document and when the clock hits 00.00 on the 20th I'll just update the page with all of the info, Will be better.
how did you get the game all ready do you work for nintendo

W

wolfLink25

Alright then, its time to get this storyline updated, and add more than just the beginning of the game. I'll do up to the point I have left off at and add the ending when I beat the game, but hopefully others will add more by that time :)!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom