• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword - Skipper's Retreat random item chest

Hey all! It's been a while for me here...then again it's been a while since I've played any game. Recently I'm doing a fresh play through of Skyward Sword (aiming for 100%) and I noticed a random treasure chest in Skipper's Retreat near the beginning of the exploration. I tried for the longest time to get to it via ClawShot and even jumping down from the pillar above it, but I just end up in the sand and die. LOL!

Has anyone successfully made it to this treasure chest? Not that there's likely anything important in it, but it seemed as if Mases skipped over it in his walkthrough too. I'm just curious how to get there because there looks like there's a way, but all of my attempts have failed. I attached a screenshot from the walkthrough, the image is attached and circled at the bottom is where the treasure chest is.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 11.56.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 11.56.27 PM.png
    463.7 KB · Views: 15

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The correct method is to jump off from much higher up, doing so from a certain point should trigger a free-fall so you can aim yourself better. I'm not sure from where exactly, it was either the halfway point where you first get to the zip line or all the way at the top.

I have tried from different ledges, unfortunately with no success. Either I end up with health damage and/or end up in the sand.
My wondering is also why it was not in the walkthrough if it's supposed to be a 100% walkthrough.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I have tried from different ledges, unfortunately with no success. Either I end up with health damage and/or end up in the sand.
My wondering is also why it was not in the walkthrough if it's supposed to be a 100% walkthrough.

Because it's likely a pointless chest, 100% walkthroughs tend to not show pointless chests. Also look at where the chest pillar is then look for the nearest one, you should get to free fall.

Because it's likely a pointless chest, 100% walkthroughs tend to not show pointless chests. Also look at where the chest pillar is then look for the nearest one, you should get to free fall.

I've tried and don't get to free fall.
I'm a little OCD and want to literally get everything even if it's pointless. hahaha

Night Owl

~Momentai
The free fall point is up at the top. I think there is a plank or something that indicates where to jump off. It would be partially hanging over the edge like a diving board.

It's been over a year since I played, so I might be off

I'll check it out and try again when I'm not so frustrated :P I've moved on from that point right now and continued with the quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom