• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Silent Realms

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
A BIG List!

First off, i wish you could attack the guardians for stunning them, which would befair, and second, i would have liked it to have a different music type every different area.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmm, in addition to totally new areas, I do wish they wouldn't replay the "guardian awakened" cutscene every single time you step in Waking Water. I got the memo the very first time, you don't need to tell me over and over again! (Why am I complaining about this? Well, waking water is useful for speedrunners like myself, but the cutscenes get in the way all of the time)

Hardest silent realm for me would probably be Lanayru since there is so much drag in that one haha. Speedrunning it is a huge pain, but that's just me.

Fig

The Altruist
I really loved the Silent Realms! They gave me quite a challenge (and a scare at certain points)! I hope Nintendo will continue to make a realm or dungeon that has a similar function as the Silent Realms! :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I LOVED them madly!! Oh yes! After I finished the first one I found myself breathing and my heartbeat was going back to normal and I was like: Again please!! At the last one I was running and didn't care about the guards anymore. I really liked it and enjoyed the kick when being chased. This was one of the funniest things ever!!

For what they were, it was fun, however they could have gotten a lot more creative with them.

Each trial should have corresponded to what Link was trying to obtain. For Farore, he was trying to increase his courage, so the Silent Realm is perfect for that. For Nayru, he needs to obtain more wisdom, and for that, there should've been some super complicated puzzle. Lastly for Din, some Darknuts would have sufficed for having Link's power grow.

I found them scary at first, but now, they could be my favorite parts of the game. The way it pushes you to use stealth and speed was so much fun. The hardest one for me at first was Nayru's Silent Realm, because I couldn't figure out that the one tear was in the tree, and not on the other side of the wall. Now, it's definitely Din's Silent Realm. God... it's freaking HARD. And the flying guardians are really creepy...

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Skyloft was the hardest in my opinion. So much waking water!! I screamed when I nearly got caught in a chase by the guardians, haha.

In general though, I liked them, even though they were anxiety-inducing, but it was in a good way. Challenging, but not to the point where you hate them or are about to tear your hair out.

I have a love/hate relationship with the silent realms. I really enjoyed them because they were one of the most challenging parts of the entire game. However, I hated doing them becuase by the time was finished, my heart would be racing at a rate of what felt like a million beats per second. NOT HEALTHY. ):<

The hardest is definitely Eldin Silent Realm.

I watched/helped my friend do them first, so I knew what to expect, but it was still obnoxious the first time. I had a lot of trouble with Farore's, mostly because of all the ground watchers. Lanayru was definitely easiest. Eldin was not that hard; I kept running out of time but I could outrun or avoid the Guardians almost every time. I was surprised at how easy it was. Though then again, I did use a map for that one (only for the last few after I failed once and had just a few tears left). I have seen Skyloft done, but am not there myself yet. It looks like fun.
I didn't enjoy Faron or Lanayru, but I actually did enjoy Eldin (!!) as far as Silent Realms go. I'm ever one for sneaking around and being careful, though that's not to say it isn't/wasn't nerve wracking. My heart was beating so fast! :D No, no plans to redo them for the Thunder Dragon. Not worth it. I liked how they made each trial match up with the theme: Farore's represented courage because it's your first one, and the ground watchers you have to avoid, and the way the tears are placed. Nayru's represented wisdom because you had to really think to get certain tears (like the one with the old mine cart in waking water). Din's represented power because the tears are so spread out and hard to get. (the rope ones bothered me so much. The tightrope walking one and the swinging rope)

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the silent realm. The echoes and dark blue glade really help define its purpose. The music is wonderful, especially when in a Guardian chase. They were a good break from the normal gameplay of SS (not implying it was bad), and brought somewhat of a calming feel to me

However, I found collecting tears a bit tedious, and doing so somewhat hindered the calmness the Silent Realm brought (except when in a Guardian chase). Nonetheless, I still commend it as a good challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom