• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Review Thread

Your rating for Skyward Sword?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Below 8 (AKA you have opinions)

• Total voters
Sorry for wording, anyways, i mean he could use little obstacles, i know Link was interfering, thats why i wanted him to place obstacles, it could be something as meaningless as a rockslide causes by him, and Demise is the main villain, since apparently Girahim World for him...

Calling Demise the main villain of Skyward Sword is like calling Ganon the main villain of the Oracle games. Ghirahim is the main bad guy throughout the game. Demise may be the ultimate goal, but Ghirahim is the constant threat.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Took me 14 days, but I finished the game 100% today. Note that I will be using only whole numbers, not decimal numbers. I just think it's easier to rate that way. Keep in mind that, in times in the article, it might look like that I only care about my opinion, but I am fully aware that everyone's is different, and that we can agree to disagree. Anyway, here goes nothing...

Story - 10/10

Let's face it, Skyward Sword has one of the best stories in all of the series. There are so many twists and new additions frequently to the point where you just never know what will happen next. This made the game very fun to play, since it is natural for the human mind to be curious in a story on what will occur next. It just slowly unfolds, expect for the fact that whatever's going to happen next isn't always completely obvious. This was definitely one of the game's strong points.

Music - 9/10

One word: Orchestra. Nintendo did an amazing job doing orchestras for all of the songs in this game. Things like flying through the sky make you almost feel like you're watching a movie, the music is just that good. The only reason it gets a 9/10 is because I thought songs like Skyview Temple were rather boring and monotonous. Regardless, though, every single song, boring or not, always seemed to fit the environment it took place in.

Graphics - 9/10

When I first saw the cell-shaded graphics back at E3 2010...I felt a little uneasy. I mean, I loved Wind Waker's graphics, they never bothered me at all. These just did originally since it's basically a hybrid of Wind Waker's and Twilight Princess's. But, just like Wind Waker's (if you disliked them from the start, that is) you warm up to them very fast.

Gameplay - 10/10

Okay, I'm going to be honest here. The motion plus controls are probably one of the leading causes on why people give up on this game. They worked for me just fine, really. While they are rather picky, at the same time, that's what makes them so precise. This made the game so much more intuitive and fun to play. It made you do brain work to kill the enemies, instead of just mashing a button over and over mindlessly until they died. Just like the Z-targeting in Ocarina of Time, this is definitely something that other games should look into. For a lot of people, however, they complain that they malfunction and need to be re-calibrated constantly. Maybe you're too close or too far from your TV, maybe your sensor bar is positioned wrong, I don't know. Regardless, the controls themselves are programmed just fine, you just need to adjust your positions.

The game itself was just amazing. I mean really, you can sky drive, ride birds, fly into the sky from the ground, actually show enemies what you are made of, and to top it off, 50+ hours of gameplay (and that's not even counting Hero Mode!)

Conclusion - 10/10

Bottom line, Skyward Sword ended up being amazing, for several reasons that is. I feel bad that I ever even doubted it last year. The bundle was worth every penny. Do yourself a favor and go get yourself a copy of this game. It will blow you away, and hopefully into Skyloft!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom