• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Skyward Sword Quick-Notes

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Clean cut rewards - easy and cheap way to get some treasures. (based on my own experience)
16 to 20 cuts = 30 rupees
21 to 27 cuts = Monster Horn or Evil Crystal
Above 28 = Blue Feather, Goddess Plume or Golden Skull
---

And some little tricks. (list whatever you want is relevant)
1. Attacking during backflip/sidejump/foreward jump will execute a jump attack.
2. You can execute a powered up Spin Attack by charging your sword with a skyward strike.
3. CPU's will actually give a reaction if you bomb them.
4. If you throw out a Remlit (cats with tanooki tail) out of skyloft, thew will fly back to skyloft using their ears.
5. You can stun enemies with spores collected from a glittering mushroom with your empty bottle.

Hmmm i also got some enemy facts but, maybe i will list them later.
But this one is fun. Beamos!
You can actually counter/deflect the back by preforming a shield bash. You can also instantly kill them by shooting an arrow in their eye (pretty much like in TP)

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
The Moonlight Merchant

If you head into the Waterfall Cave on the east side of Skyloft at night, you should see Blessed Butterflies flying around about halfway through the cave (just before the steep incline).

Play your harp to summon The Moonlight Merchant -- a very special Gossip Stone. You can buy these rare treasures from him, which is often much easier than finding them in the wild!

Dusk Relic - 100 Rupees
Evil Crystal - 100 Rupees
Monster Horn - 100 Rupees
Blue Bird Feather - 200 Rupees
Goddess Plume - 200 Rupees
Golden Skull - 200 Rupees

Deku Hornets, Hornet Larvae, Woodland Rhino Beetles - enter Deep Woods. Kill the Bokoblins (they leave Ornamentall/Golden Skulls sometimes). Go near the tree and catch the hornets. Roll into the tree, get the beetles, hornet larvae and catch another group of hornets. Sometimes, you can find one Amber Relic inside nearby grass. Also, you can catch bird feathers here (occasionally blue ones). Get recovery hearts lying nearby, exit and re-enter Deep Woods again - you can repeat the process. Not recommended in Hero Mode.

Some more stuff :)

In the Lanayru Mining Facility, near the end of the dungeon there are 3 slingshot switches that must be hit in the right order, the correct order is 2,3,1 assuming one is the switch closest to the far end of the room going left to right 123.

When you need to align the bride properly to get into the Isle of Songs each square block on the moving tracks corresponds to a piece of the bridge, start off by rotating the center block that rotates the other blocks clockwise 7 times. Hit the crystal that is on the right side to change which barriers are up. Rotate the center block clockwise 6 times to line up the blocks all in a row.Hit the top crystal to change the barriers.Rotate the center block clockwise 1 time. Hit the crystal on the right side once again.Rotate the blocks 9 times to align the bridge properly. If you already messed up the puzzle, then exit the Isle of Songs and go back in, it should reset.

Clean cut rewards - easy and cheap way to get some treasures. (based on my own experience)
16 to 20 cuts = 30 rupees
21 to 27 cuts = Monster Horn or Evil Crystal
Above 28 = Blue Feather, Goddess Plume or Golden Skull
---

And some little tricks. (list whatever you want is relevant)
1. Attacking during backflip/sidejump/foreward jump will execute a jump attack.
2. You can execute a powered up Spin Attack by charging your sword with a skyward strike.
3. CPU's will actually give a reaction if you bomb them.
4. If you throw out a Remlit (cats with tanooki tail) out of skyloft, thew will fly back to skyloft using their ears.
5. You can stun enemies with spores collected from a glittering mushroom with your empty bottle.

Hmmm i also got some enemy facts but, maybe i will list them later.
But this one is fun. Beamos!
You can actually counter/deflect the back by preforming a shield bash. You can also instantly kill them by shooting an arrow in their eye (pretty much like in TP)
Thank you all for the contributions! The thread is really growing! ^^ :yes:

I've been editing the OP like crazy... but I'm also almost done with Skyward Sword. So... yeah... I'll get more in myself when I beat the game.

Ganondork

goo
Hmmm, let's see if there are a few things I can add to. Let's hope that I don't say anything already said, hehe. These both apply to Lanayru Desert.

1. In the event of there being an enemy over sinksand that threatens to knock you over and drown you, roll a bomb at them. The bomb won't sink and it dispatches the pesky foe.
2. In the event of battling an enemy that exists in the past and you don't want to fight it, leave the area of the past, throw a bomb in an area that would block the foe's path from an escape away from you and it will run out of its time zone and die instantly.

Ok, only two for now lol. I'll try to come up with a few more later on.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Hmmm, let's see if there are a few things I can add to. Let's hope that I don't say anything already said, hehe. These both apply to Lanayru Desert.

1. In the event of there being an enemy over sinksand that threatens to knock you over and drown you, roll a bomb at them. The bomb won't sink and it dispatches the pesky foe.
2. In the event of battling an enemy that exists in the past and you don't want to fight it, leave the area of the past, throw a bomb in an area that would block the foe's path from an escape away from you and it will run out of its time zone and die instantly.

Ok, only two for now lol. I'll try to come up with a few more later on.
Thanks for the contribution Kieth!

May i ask why the credit goes to JamesBond007 for the stuff that I contributed?
Typo... sorry man. I fixed it.

Lumpy pumpkin 3rd job: while playing the harp ONLY strum it once you see the customers do it because its easy to start predicting their movements and doing a wrong strum. Faron Woods: An easy way to beat quardobabas are to shield bash them and cut their stem aftewards. Lanayru Gorge(or mini games): If you fight enough(not all) bosses you can leave and get the hylian sheild or go for more money.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Final Fight against Demise: If you utilize either the Goddess shield or the Hylian you can put Demise's first form away in under 20 seconds. Block and while he is recovering you can continually slash and spin attack until he falls to the ground. When he falls to the ground just keep attacking, when he gets back up he will block your attacks (as long as you are still attacking) and then he will counter, just block again (He is likely to attack twice on the counter) and keep attacking and he might fall back to the ground again, use spin attacks wisely and the first form should be over.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
In eldin volcano, there is a ledge with a piece of heart on it. instead of wasting your time trying to find a way 2 get 2 it, try using the beetle.:P

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
a couple of things for after u get the goddess sword from the goddess statue and heard your quest: instead of buying the wooden shield from the bazarr, u can just talk 2 that guy who made u climb to that cat-thingy and he'll give it 2 u. If u buy it from the bazarr, though, and u talk 2 him, he'll give u 20 rupees instead(the shield is 50 rupees, so just get the shield from him). Also, a creepy little kid that asked u to roll into a tree 2 get a bug 4 him tells u that beedles airshop is still running. dont waste your time on this:u have 2 hit a moving bell IN THE SKY!!! Instead, just wait until u get 2 faron woods: youll get the slingshot and then youll be cruisin.:D Also, if u want 2 get a potion, get a revitilizing potion(thats the one on the right side of the lady) but only 4 faron woods: after that, youll get enough hearts 2 make a heart potion worth it.

S

[Shadowlink]

The Imprisoned - Bring his 3 Encounters down without losing one heart.

First Encounter

When you face the Imprisoned for your first time, he will slowly walk towards the top, damaging you only with his stomps. To beat him, your goal is to damage his toes (one on each foot's back and three on it's front). After taking out the front toes, he will doe an aoe attack with each stomp on the damaged leg. To avoid getting hit, you may either wait for him to finish his step or use a ranged attack. I recommend throwing a charged mastersword attack at him.
After destroying all toes, he will fall over, leaving the sealstone attackable on his head. > Run towards it and smach it with an upward blow.
After his recovery, he will charge upwards for a bit. You may just use one of those Knock-up streams to place yourself infront of him to be ready to hit him right after he recovers his toes. Do this three times and he is history.

Second Encounter

The Boss stays pretty much the same, aside from you getting help of your oh-so-beloved friend with a handy canon to deliver some food / bombs to your enemy. The canon is intended to stop the imprisoned from climbing upwards.

While going for the 8-Bosses in a row trial on hero mode, i had to figure out a way to beat him without losing so goddamn many hearts - i hence tried to use a knockup stream to get infront of him without being smacked down with his feet (Mainly on the 3rd encounter) Instead of landing infront of him, i landed on his back with the sealstone in reach. - He will knock you down though. But yeah, there is a nifty countermeasure : the bomb, which stuns him for approximately 15 seconds.

This leads to the easy-way of beating him: Jump into a knockup stream, place yourself in front of the boss on the higher level, wait for your friend's cannon to be ready and fire at your enemy. Jump towards the sealstone ( You might want to adapt the camera to jump straight) , which should be about exactly to your side.
You may now just smack it down with a vertical slash. Do this 3 times and he's history before the combat clock reaches 2 minutes :P

Third and last encounter

Same procedure as in the second encounter - jump into a knock-up stream and fire your cannon at the enemy, jump towards the sealstone and slamm it down.
Reload, shoot him in the air, smack the stone.
As for the 3rd smack-age, use the knock-up streams to get to the top, run to your friends cannon, jump into it and fire yourself to the imprisoned's head. -> Pewpew on the sealstone and he is history.

Seeing many seemed to struggle with said encounter(s) (mainly referring to the hardest boss poll) i figured I'd share my knowledge with you. (Also, I believe it's one of these tricks that barely anyone knows of - or at least didn't back when I stumbled across it - I'm not that up to date anymore :)
I will eventually add hints for other encounters in the future.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
All of the above facts have been added. ;) Thanks for all the help! :yes:

Also, do you think I should add a whole "Silent Realm" section, or have them divided into when they happen?

K

KinRyuTen

The Thunder Dragon's Lightning Round: Make the first room you go in a room where no hearts are found and go in with full. In later rooms you can find hearts to help you stay alive for the bosses later. (That last sentence doesn't apply to Hero Mode)

In general. If you see a chair or stool lying around and need a quick heart refill, sit down and your hearts will regenerate.

T

Taomagicdragon

Rickety Coaster Mini-game Tips.

Hi all, this is my first post on these boards and is prompted by the threads I've seen elsewhere of people having trouble with the Rickety Coaster mini-game in Lanaryu's Shipyard. Below are the actions I took to score 1:03:33 (Until I figured out what I wasn't capitalizing on, it took 1:06 - 1:08).

1) Tilt into the curve just before going into every turn, then go back to untilted on straight-aways. Make sure you tilt left after the first fork to get the boost.

2) Make sure you perform the jump right before hitting the jump in the tracks, the timing is incredibly narrow on this.

3) For the fifth fork (first one leads to a loop, the next three lead to dead ends, the fifth one is a fork), choose right.

4) After the fifth fork, and the up-track that immediately follows, you'll come to another "s-bend" after a wide-turn left that you'll need to just tilt left for the entire time. You'll lose the boost from the one right turn, but you'll miss the two left-boosts and will be grinding too much to correctly tilt on the right. This stretch of track joins up with the side you didn't choose in the fifth fork.

5) There's a spiral bend nearing the end of the rack, tilt to the right before you make the turn and hold it the entire time until you come to the straight-away. I made the mistake of turning when the bend was obvious, the subtle bend at the start really shaves off some seconds.

6) Make sure your timing is correct on the final jumps as they do add another 1.5 seconds per missed opportunrity (3 jumps total, so that's roughly 4.5 seconds you can shave). It seems missing a turn-boost adds anywhere from 2-5 seconds, depending on length of the turn, to your run.

I hope this is helpful!

Z

Zora_Waterfall

Roll just before you get into a crawl hole. You will skip a good chunk of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom