• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Overview Trailer

Vibed

must read before he posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJgTKT6YOs

Has several new snippets, including a mysterious artifact, a close up look at the mechanical creature driving the boat, and other small bits.

New:
-Link bows to Zelda in her priestess dress. It looks to be in the same room Fi dances on the wall.
-Link comes before the Shiekah door, maybe the Sealed Grounds?
-Link receives a large slab of stone from the Sealed Grounds.
-Something sword-like stabs itself into the ground, probably to reseal The Imprisoned.
-Shiekah girl stops Zelda from moving forward. She probably sees Link, but the Shiekah doesn't trust him and so leads her into the light.
-Link does a dance after powering his sword. :D
-More clips from the beginning of the game, like when Link gets the Goddess Sword.
-Gorko in Eldin and ready to go!
-Old woman in red robe's pendulum thing shines, does it have significance to her?
-We get to see the mechanical guy guiding the boat in the desert. In the corner of this clip, the Japanese in the text box translates to "Lanayru."
-More on the mechanical desert dungeon.
-Link is standing on the back of the giant whale and reflects a goop ball.
-Showcases some item stuff, notably puzzles for the Gust Bellow.
-New rock material and dragonfly bug.
-When Link is in the upgrade menu, he has two satchels. In another clip, you might have noticed one of these satchels was in the potion/shield menu.
-Skyloft/Bazaar areas.
-Link can buy another belt stash!
-At a high area in the abandoned desert ship, a blue fireball is shot at Link, which he promptly dodges. Fi, then has that same blue fire around her, and you see blue flames entering Link's sword.
-The giant whale seems to be good, as it has normal eyes in this part. Meaning it got possessed.
-Kikwi is scared of Fi, lol.
-Clip of the priate ship tentacle monster, it reminds me of dead hand.
-A giant stone with the Hylian crest glowing on it appears, then a blue portal. I assume all this might be related to the Silent Realm. We've seen this giant stone with the old woman before.
-Link rushes to the top of the stairs, probably chasing Zelda after Skyview.

Last edited:

AgentPerry

Hoo hoo hoo!
I do not know what the heck the narrator is saying, but this is by far, and I really mean it, the best game I have ever seen in my life!
Btw, I'm lovin' that overworld music.

I approve. :yes:

Question: Are those starbit-lookalike the "merit/graditude points" we will get from doing side quests from Skyloft?

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
-Link bows to Zelda in her priestess dress. It looks to be in the same room Fi dances on the wall.
I thought that as well, but I also noticed two cogwheels behind Link, just like the ones above the giant one with the Triforce and Goddess's Pearls on it. Maybe this room is part of that structure in the desert.

-A giant stone with the Hylian crest glowing on it appears, then a blue portal. I assume this is the entrance to the Silent Realm. We've seen this giant stone with the old woman before.
I thought you entered the Silent Realm by leaving your sword in the ground somewhere.

Something interesting I noticed is that when Link is catching the dragonfly, there's a Bokoblin skeleton in the ground. It really does look like hitting those switches reverts the area to a previous time, when that Bokoblin was still alive, and the mine carts were powered. It'll be very interesting to see exactly how that pans out.

Vibed

must read before he posts
I thought you entered the Silent Realm by leaving your sword in the ground somewhere.
For some reason I completely forgot about that...

But the blue coloring and the point at which this happens (after you get the harp after the 3rd dungeon) makes me think they might be related.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Wonderful new Trailer. Some random things I feel like mentioning: The noise that the tightroping bokoblin made right before falling surprised me with how high-pitched it was, the pirates are designed very differently than what I was expecting (if those are indeed the pirates, the design is rather 'cuter' then I'd had in mind, I suppose I was thinking of the Pirate designs in MM or WW or OoS in comparison...well I shall see how that unfolds in the game myself). I also see the finishing blow in there (yeah!) and on a more random note, I like the way Link taps his boots when he puts them on. Oh, and Link's sword sheathing is as stylish as ever.

Heh, I'll be looking forward to seeing that.

-Link can buy another belt stash!

Hm, this might indicate the ability to buy other things that could potentially completely change up his attire from the 'classic tunic look' by the end of the game. ....Maybe, that is.

-At a high area in the abandoned desert ship, a blue fireball is shot at Link, which he promptly dodges. Fi, then has that same blue fire around her, and you see blue flames entering Link's sword.

I was looking at that. I thought maybe he'd dodged a blue fireball that came off of Fi, but since this is saying otherwise, perhaps he has to 'tame' the blue fire using Fi as a medium in order to power up his sword?

-The giant whale seems to be good, as it has normal eyes in this part. Meaning it got possessed.

So we're going to be seeing good beings/deities become possessed...I'm thinking of puppet Zelda for some reason.

-Kikwi is scared of Fi, lol.

Haha, that's cute. I'm interested in seeing how Fi interacts, especially after reading this:

Ito in Iwata Asks said:
That's right. We call the system Fi Captioning. For example, if you target various characters and enemies and call forth Fi, she will talk about them. And what she says is really funny. (laughs)
[Relevant Interview]

What kind of funny things is she going to say? It would be interesting to see her crack some comical lines in juxtaposition with her robotic personality.

-Clip of the priate ship tentacle monster, it reminds me of dead hand.

Dead Hand? Hm, it doesn't actually remind me of dead hand. In fact....I'm not sure what he reminds me of. Interesting design though.

This is probably one of my favorite trailers now...along with the Lyre (Harp) Trailer, Romance Trailer, and Opening Trailer that is, although practically all the Skyward Sword Trailers are awesome anyway.

Last edited:
ooohhh that new boss looks so epic.. i probably shouldnt have watched that but oh well.i wonder how we will defeat him?

Me thinks we get the Bow in the pirate ship dungeon, so shoot his eye with arrows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnJgTKT6YOs

Has several new snippets, including a mysterious artifact, a close up look at the mechanical creature driving the boat, and other small bits.

New:
-Showcases some item stuff, notably puzzles for the Gust Bellow. Works kinda like the Deku Leaf from Forest Haven in WW
-At a high area in the abandoned desert ship, a blue fireball is shot at Link, which he promptly dodges. Fi, then has that same blue fire around her, and you see blue flames entering Link's sword. Note this is the Stage 2 Master Sword, meaning after he infuses the blue flames he'll have the final Master Sword.
-Kikwi is scared of Fi, lol. CUTEST THING EVAR.
-Link rushes to the top of the stairs, probably chasing Zelda after Skyview. No, he has the Master Sword, so this cannot be Skyview.

My stuff is bolded.

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
Note this is the Stage 2 Master Sword, meaning after he infuses the blue flames he'll have the final Master Sword.

Actually this is the Skyward Sword lvl 2 I think cause it has the wings of the original one slightly bigger. Here is the pic skywardswordlvl2.jpg

Meaning that this is the 2nd upgrade of the sword and the one before the upgrade that ends up being the Master Sword with closed wings.

My thoughts entirely though.

This is amazing. If I wasn't excited for this shiz before, I'm now dying from excitement.

I've got to say though, am I the only one who saw Oshus as the giant floating whale Link was standing on near the end?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
-Link is standing on the back of the giant whale and reflects a goop ball.

At first I figured this would be The Imprisoned in a completed form headed toward Skyloft, but this news confuses my theory even more. Still, it is possible the Sky Whale might be the final boss, but once defeating those eye-stalks The Imprisoned (if him) would have been good all along. So then, who would set him up to be possessed from the beginning? I would suppose Ghirahim. We've seen nothing but mischief from him to begin with. I wouldn't be surprised if this is all some game to him. But only the game can verify this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom