• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Opinions...GOOD GAME OR LACK LUSTER?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
This is not the right question for this game...it will be a good game, Nintendo rarely makes a lackluster core title (except for maybe Metroid: Other M, which failed due to the controls). The question is, will it be merely good, or legendary.

Here's hoping for legendary, if they fix the trees they just might pull it off {*_*}

J

jora

you cant give opinions on something you have not played :D but i trust Nintendo so i think it will go well in the gaming department so far they have been pumping hit after hit games

Kirino

Tatakae
The motion controls won't be tiring at all.You don't even have to sit up at all.You can just sit on your couch and swing your remote.And it's not like you'll be swinging your hand the entire time.Just to kill whatever monsters that come your way.There will be plenty of puzzles and running around for you to relax your arm.I think it looks like a really good game so far.The graphics are good,the story seems awesome,and the gameplay seems really fun,especially with motion controls.I'm sure it's going to be a great game.

Djinn

and Tonic
Although I also agree it is a bit early to make judgment calls like this, the final product could look worlds different from the demo shown at E3. I do not mind the cell shading at all. With Wind Waker I believe it was the artistic style that turned people off, not so much the cell shading. Although I kind of wish they would tone the colors down a little. Everything is a little too bright and cheery. But again I am not 100% sure the final product will look like that. The world below could have a totally different style to contrast with the bright and sunny Skyloft.

Although I do wish that there could be some way to switch off the motion controls and play it like a normal game. Swinging the sword around to kill enemies is okay, but reaching around into my imaginary pocket for things sounds strange. That would take getting used to. However if they make using a bow a little like Link's Crossbow training, then I might stand a much better chance at hitting things more often.

This is not the right question for this game...it will be a good game, Nintendo rarely makes a lackluster core title (except for maybe Metroid: Other M, which failed due to the controls). The question is, will it be merely good, or legendary.

Here's hoping for legendary, if they fix the trees they just might pull it off {*_*}

The controls were fine. It didn't "fail" because of the controls, it "failed" because of dumb fanboy reviewers nitpicking EVERY single thing, but when it's something like New Vegas that comes out with a crapload of bugs, they don't nitpick, and automatically give it a great score.

Metroid: Other M was a great game, not the best Metroid game, but I certainly did enjoy the heck out of it. It did have it's flaws, like those cursed pixel hunting sections, and when Samus was in Sector 3 she wouldn't turn her Varia suit on until Adam told her to do so.

Anyway, Skyward Sword will not be a good game, it will be a GREAT, AWESOME, EPIC game.

I think its just another way for nintendo to make perople buy wii motion plus. and half of wii owneers dont know what zelda is or have even beaten a game for that matter. little concerned about the motion controls . i wonder if you can still play it with the classic controller or the gamecube controller. that would be nice and less painstaking for me

H

handheldgamer14

Good? no! epic? not quite. awesome? closer. out-of-this-world? yes, literally.

Retsdob

Retsdob
It's almost impossible to say at this point. I personally, never really liked the cell-shaded graphics, but it was perfected with Wind Waker so I can't complain. As far as gameplay goes, I believe they said that they would make the gameplay feel more dense and they hope we'll play it multiple times. Either of those two things would be fine alone, but they put it together suggesting a short game. I know that isn't everything, but I really enjoy I long, challenging game that makes me feel as if I can go infinantly deep into the plot. On the other hand, it may be saying they'll be more side-quest oriented, but I'm not sure. For some reason (I'm in the minority here) I have low hopes for it. But then again this is all guess-work, and I haven't excluded the possibility of being blown away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom