• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword on ''Wii 2'' ???

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Skyward Sword in HD

Skyward Sword is rumored to be released on the Wii's successor, or both the Wii and Wii HD. Perhaps there is more confirmation of this, since Skyward Sword's first screenshots released were in HD, not in the range of the Wii's graphics. What do you think? Could Skyward Sword be released on the Wii HD?

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
I'm about 80% sure this will happen, the same thing that happened with Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword will be delayed until the Wii HD is released, so it can be a launch title.

Okay, I'm about 95% sure, now.

I hope not.
I was finally excited because I could get the release, the first Zelda game right after it comes out, in a long time for me. If it's on the successor I will be beyond pissed, I don't have $400 dollars or more to blow just to get one game. Hell I got the Wii well after it came out, I am poor and this would just tick me off a lot. Besides, the Wii needs it's own Zelda game, TP was a GC game.

I don't think this will happen, and I don't want it to happen either. I don't want it to happen because then I won't know if I should buy Skyward Sword for Wii or the new console. I got Twilight Princess for Wii, and it was supposed to be better for Gamecube, so I don't want to buy the worse version. Also, we know that the "Wii 2's" controller is nothing like the Wii's, and more like the Gamecube's or XBox 360's. I don't think they will make it for both consoles because Skyward Sword is really supposed to be showing off the Wii's controls and the wii motion plus and what is can do for Zelda. This game is supposed to have 1:1 gameplay and the Wii Remote is supposed to be like the sword. I don't think Nintendo is going to make one version like this and another with the old Zelda controls.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

There's really no point in them doing it, not as much as there was with Twilight Princess being ported to the Wii. In that case, you could have motion controls on the Wii but not on the GameCube. In this case, both consoles use nice 1:1 motion controls that Skyward Sword is meant to show off, so there's no real advantage to having a Wii HD version as long as Wii games can be shown in HD on the Wii HD. I suppose maybe from a business standpoint one might say that it's better for Nintendo to show off the capabilities of the new console's motion controls with something big like Skyward Sword, but maybe not if you consider that, although the motion controls for the new console are supposedly more accurate, that's not supposed to be the main focus. Already we have the rumors about the six-inch touch screen, which is already much bigger news than anything concerning motion, and there's supposed to be something else up Nintendo's sleeve about this new console that we know nothing about, so motion controls probably won't need much emphasis with the Wii HD.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Not gunna happen, Nintendo's next console will be HD, most likely 720p. The Wii isen't getting an HD version and there won't be any add-on that makes the Wii HD. That new console we've been hearing about won't be out for a year or two after Skyward Sword (2012?). This isen't like the Gamecube and Wii. The new system will be a home for new gen games. And SS was being developed for or this current gen a long time ago, they started on it before the Wii was out.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I really dont care if they make SS for the next console too, as long as the experince is fun and good and they don't delay the game for the Wii just because of that.... :cool:

but I've heard some people that don't agree with that, they didn't say however why it would be a bad idea, i dont get it either. :O

how about you people? do you mind if the game comes out for another console? :thinking:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I pretty much have the same opinion as you.

As long as Nintendo doesn't prolong it's release on the original Wii I'm O.K. but it would be good if they did put it on Project Cafe.

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
If it IS held back and released for the Wii 2, I pray it would still be compatible with the old Wii. Its a shame to have to buy a NEW console for a game that has been hyped up sooo much for the original wii.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
It's been confirmed that Skyward Sword is a Wii exclusive...

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I never really considered that they could release it on the Wii HD without delaying the Wii version... still, I don't really see a reason for doing that. Even if it's released as a Wii exclusive, you should still be able to play it in HD on the Wii HD, and we don't know that the new console can do much for such a motion-control-centric game other than improving the graphics, for what that's worth.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Yea, I don't know about you guys, but I think motion-control will die down in a bit. Chances are, however, that "Project Cafe" will be motion-control related. As for Skyward Sword, I think it will be an original Wii exclusive...

After releasing Twilight Princess on both the GameCube and Wii, I very much doubt that Nintendo will do that again. I also think that too much development time has gone into the game at this point to make two versions of the game.

hey, I have a best idea, they give us SS for wii, and then they relase a new zelda in the next console :P

no, really, I dont want to wait, they already said that there will not be a new console before april 2012, and SS is in a very advanced stage, I dont see why they should change it to take it to the next console

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This game's been in production for more than 4 years, and will have been for almost 5 upon (estimated) release. That's more than enough time to flourish, and a wait more than long enough for fans to freak out over and barrage Nintendo if it's delayed any longer. Besides, the graphics are gonna be so much beyond the Wii's that they would have to remake the whole game instead of transferring it. And we don't even know if the next system has motion controls as of now. And what with them saying it'll have "a new way to play"... Yeah, that was what the Wii offered. And wouldn't it make sense to send the Wii off with a bang? Skyward Sword would do that. (Yes, TP was going to be the GameCube's final bang, but with Twilight Princess it was because Miyamoto wanted Zelda to have motion controls, and Twilight Princess wasn't set that far away from the Wii.) I'm just saying, it doesn't seem likely. Besides, we have this: http://nintendoeverything.com/63984/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom