• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword , More Like Wind Waker or Twilight Princess?

H

Hylian Wolf

As much as I WISH it would be more like TP...I really think they made it a pretty equal mix from what I've seen.
I hope they aren't done witht he graphics...I don't like them at all, I never did really like the "cartoony" Zeldas, I liked them and the story plots and all that, but they just felt like the lacked epicness.

T

The Legend

For me it look's like a 60% Wind Waker and a 40% TP.

But me personally i want a revamped MM Style again.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Although the graphics imply that it will be a combination of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, I would like Skyward Sword to be more on the Twilight Princess side because Twilight Princess is a mature, well thought out game. Though I prefer Wind Waker because of the childish feel to it and the ease of playing it, I want Skyward Sword will be a big step up from Wind Waker, though, a little teeny tiny baby step back from Twilight Princess.

In a Zelda game, I like for it to be childish at times, but with a very deep plot and I feel that Skyward Sword hasn't exactly shown those needs. To me, it looks a lot like Wind Waker with a couple splashes of Twilight Princess. Wind Waker is a very excellent game to play when you're new to playing Legend of Zelda, but it's just a little bit too childish for my taste. Twilight Princess, on the other hand, is a teeny tiny bit too dark and there wasn't exactly childish moments in the game.

So in conclusion, (and even though I want Skyward Sword to be a lot more like Twilight Princess, but some splashes of Wind Waker) I think that Skyward Sword will be more on the Wind Waker side than the Twilight Princess side because of what Nintendo has shown us so far. But I won't be giving up my hopes for a deep plot with Wind Waker touches in Skyward Sword!:)

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Well I'd say it's a bit in between, which I assume Nintendo was aiming for. It has the child-like whimsical coloring and feel, but as we know from the trailer it looked as if it had a few darker elements. It's funny people compare Skyward Sword to these two games, and not Ocarina of Time. To me, it looks like an incredibly enhanced Ocarina of time. This game is supposed to bring elements from everything I believe. (Not the Cd-i's no one wants to touch that one.)

I think that it is more Wind Waker oriented really. It brings so many aspects and brightness than darkness from Twilight Princess. Though slightly cartoon, Skyward Sword has that matured Link. Skyward Sword really does resemble a painting in a way. It's bright, and the enemies we've seen so far aren't as intimidating as the ones in Twilight Princess. I mean, a Goofy red Bublkin or a Scary death-I-Shall-Kill-You-With-Screech Redead? Link's face so far looks a bit.. Well to be blunt he looks a bit like a pig LOL. (Just thought I had to say that, it's true. Compare ears)

So to be honest, I would say 70% Wind Waker and 40% Twilight Princess.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
The overworld and NPC characters might feel more like Wind Waker (without that expansive blue ocean), while enemies and the storyline should feel more like Twilight Princess. If they balance it out in that way I would be very impressed. Regardless I'm sure they'll find a near perfect balance for the two games with Skyward Sword, it just seems like the best possible blending of two distinct graphical styles, out of all the games in the entire series of Zelda. Zelda. Zelda.

I don't mean any offense, but I actually think that's a bit of a weird question. :? Skyward Sword has basically already been shown to be somewhat of a combination of both. That's basically the primary appeal of the art style. It's TP's realism with TWW's stylization.

In terms of what I want, I'm like some of the other posters here. I think it would do best to borrow from the atmosphere and style of both. One thing that should be noted about The Wind Waker though is while its graphical style and tone was silly and kiddy, the actual content of the game was not. In fact many moments of the game were very sad and grim. In that sense, I actually think that aspect of The Wind Waker's tone is what Skyward Sword should strive for. But in terms of the on-the-surface artstyle and atmosphere, I agree that it should be a combination.

I just want Nintendo to make sure Skyward Sword has its own identity. I don't want it to be just like TWW or just like TP. I don't want it to just be a combination of both. I want it to have its own unique identity among the rest of the games in the Zelda series. It seems like they're doing that with the Impressionist artstyle, though, so I'm happy about that.

korp

bagels
Well, I prefer Twilight Princess to Wind Waker so I'm going to choose Twilight Princess. However, there are some qualities of Wind Waker that I really like that I hope they incorporate in Twilight Princess. For one, it's not as grunge-y as Twilight Princess. I don't like how in Twilight Princess everything is dark and creepy. @__@ I hope it's bright and colorful, but still keeps that mature, realistic look. And, in Wind Waker, how Link actually has a family. There's only a couple of other Zelda games that include Link with a family. I know it seems like it doesen't matter, but I mean. Living alone has got to suck, you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom