• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Missing Enemies?

I felt that a lot of enemies were missing from Skyward Sword. Especially the Darknut. It would've been an epic battle to engage with one of those in a sword fight.

Zukoia

DestiaDestroyerOfBokoblin
I missed the darknuts too it would be epic if they were in it. I kinda missed Bubbles too I mean flying skulls have been in almost every zelda game.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
not just the type of enemies, the PRESENCE of enemies seemed to be missing. sure there were fights but you only fought a few enemies at a time, sure the bit before Ghirahim was great but other than that places were quite empty

S

SongOfTime

Now that you mentioned it, there was a lack of enemies. It would have been nice to have some Darknuts thrown in a couple of places.

Yeah... I agree. I was anticipating Darknuts, Iron Knuckles, and after the land-based Octoroks caught my eye, I was hoping to encounter a lot more of the enemies from the 2D/old school games like A Link to the Past. However, it seems to me that Skyward Sword ditched some enemies in favor of offering variety in a small group of enemies. Take the Bokoblins for instance; there were at least four different types - archer, zombie, electrified, and normal. Meh... That's no excuse for the omission of enemies, though. After all, most of said varieties of enemies and such in SS did essentially the same thing - hit you (although there was a bit of variety.) The two types of Moblins found in SS, for example, only differed in defensive properties - iron shield, wooden shield. There was also a variety of Keese with different properties.

Overall, perhaps the reasons why some enemies were omitted has to do with how difficult it would be to implement and/or adapt them to the motion controls. This rings to mind the Darknuts featured in Twilight Princess, which hardly required motion controls to defeat, given how lackluster the controls were in said game. With SS's motion control scheme, however, their inclusion might have proved problematic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom