• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword = Master Sword

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
there's been a lot of ranting about how the Skyward Sword is going to turn into the Master Sword, like you have to collect the power of the sages or have to collect certain items or something like that. my theory is that when you defeat a boss or complete a temple the sword drains some power off of something. (ridiculous i know) but another one of my theories are that link must learn some techniques or sword skills so he can become a master swordsman see what im getting at here. so anyway it could be like this, Link gains more and more strength and skill and eventually the goddesses turn the Skyward Sword into a blade fit only for a master swordsman and the crystal in the Master Sword's hilt represents the purity of the wielders heart or something (this is some right crap ive thought of, so make fun of me, call me ******** and share your theories with me please so i can learn from you and be better at these things. im not being sarcastic) so thanks and byebye:)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The crystal is already there on the Skyward Sword. There's no change in how the sword looks when it becomes the Master Sword. Just how it works. It changes from being able to switch back and forth from sword to humanoid form to being the Blade of Evil's Bane.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think that if the Skyward Sword were really the same Master Sword we've been dealing with all along, they would just call it that for the sake of name recognition. While I have no doubt that it plays a similar role in this game that the Master Sword does in other games... I don't think it will be the exact same one.

Unless you want to make the argument the the Four Sword and Picori Blade are also the Master Sword, I don't see how that could be the case.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I think that if the Skyward Sword were really the same Master Sword we've been dealing with all along, they would just call it that for the sake of name recognition. While I have no doubt that it plays a similar role in this game that the Master Sword does in other games... I don't think it will be the exact same one.

Unless you want to make the argument the the Four Sword and Picori Blade are also the Master Sword, I don't see how that could be the case.

It's been stated directly that it is the Master Sword, but it isn't yet. It becomes the Master Sword at some point in the game. And, in case you didn't notice, the design is the same, so it has to be the same sword. I don't know where your getting that from. (Or why you brought in the Four Sword. It's irrelavent to the topic, really.)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The crystal is already there on the Skyward Sword. There's no change in how the sword looks when it becomes the Master Sword. Just how it works. It changes from being able to switch back and forth from sword to humanoid form to being the Blade of Evil's Bane.
In the GDC trailer, Link used a different sword and was apparently able to summon the sword spirit (judging by the icon). He is shown using this sword in three or four different dungeons. I think this is the Skyward Sword.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
In the GDC trailer, Link used a different sword and was apparently able to summon the sword spirit (judging by the icon). He is shown using this sword in three or four different dungeons. I think this is the Skyward Sword.

We can't really say anything like that without information on it, especially since the design was the same from the start. I doubt they would change it like that. Plus, concept art has him with the design of the Master Sword, so...

Has it not been stated in one of the other zelda games ( it think ocarina of time or wind waker or twilight princess)
that the sages made the master sword?
And that girl looks like the master sword so she will become the skyward sword wich later becomes the master sword.
so the question should be " how does that girl transform into that sword"

i still liked "the legend of zelda the girl is a sword" over skyward sword XD

My Dear Epona

Its all about balance
Maybe it is like the last temples on WW that when you beat the temple it got closer to full power = master sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom