• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword: Majora Before the Mask?

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Think about this, we know basically nothing about Majora other than the fact that Majora was a demon who was sealed within a mask. What we don't know, is wether or not Majora existed in Termina or Hyrule? Any thoughts?

If you're wondering why this is in the SS section, what if SS is all about Majora BEFORE MM? What if Majora is the "evil power" consuming Hyrule? Think about it! It's a possibility.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't remember a demon being sealed in it.
太古の とある民族が 呪いの儀式で 使っていたとされる 伝説の 呪物なのです
A certain race in ancient times used it for their cursing ceremonies. It is a legendary fetish.
It is an accursed item from legend that is said to have been used by an ancient tribe in its hexing rituals.

その仮面をかぶった者には 邪悪で すさまじい力が宿ると 言い伝えられています
The legend says that the one who puts it on will have a terrible and evil power dwell within them.

It is said that an evil and wicked power is bestowed upon the one who wears that mask.

伝説では・・・
The legend says…

According to legend...

ムジュラの仮面が もたらす 災いの あまりの大きさに
The calamity brought about by Mujura’s Mask was so great that

the troubles caused by Majora's Mask were so great...

それを恐れた 先人たちが 仮面を悪用 されないよう 永遠の闇に 封じ込めたといいます
our ancestors who feared this sealed it within the eternal darkness so that it would not be misused.

the ancient ones, fearing such catastrophe, sealed the mask in shadow forever, preventing its misuse.
It is a possibility, however, that the evil power is the ancient tribe using the mask. And yes it could very well be from Hyrule. We don't really have much evidence either way at the moment.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Interesting, I could've sworn someone mentioned a demon, however if Majora wasn't a demon, then what was Majora? In my opinion Majora seems to be sealed within the mask by the ancient tribe. So the question remains whether or not Majora is a demon or not, and if it is in fact a demon then we may see Majora in SS.

Well didn't axle the beast explain things about the dark tribe in one of his Curiosity Shops and since that Majora and the Dark tribe are related then i think you should go and check it out.

Yeah, I think he did. I'm pretty sure he saw that. I'm pretty sure he concluded that Majora was sealed within the mask by the dark tribe, because it doesn't seem like a tribe could just create a mask with an evil power inside. Wouldn't there need to be a monster to seal within the mask?

Ikana

Trollkastel
Well didn't axle the beast explain things about the dark tribe in one of his Curiosity Shops and since that Majora and the Dark tribe are related then i think you should go and check it out.
Just remember that it's a theory not fact,we hardly know nothing about the mask and I highly doubt we will learn anything about it in Skyward Sword.As for the Demon part who knows it could be true could not be true,I really don't have a opinion on that throughout my life I always called Majora a demon.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I personally don't want them to bring up Majora again. It's an interesting concept, though I would like the final boss to be Dark Link or Aghnim (spelling).

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
It kinda is before Majora's Mask, but not right there. Aonuma said it's the first game in the timeline, meaning it's before Ocarina of Time. So generally speaking, specially for the timeline, yes, it is before Majora's Mask. WAAAAAAY back though.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yeah, I think he did. I'm pretty sure he saw that. I'm pretty sure he concluded that Majora was sealed within the mask by the dark tribe, because it doesn't seem like a tribe could just create a mask with an evil power inside. Wouldn't there need to be a monster to seal within the mask?
Did he also say that this was the same dark tribe that created the fused shadow? (I don't watch mailbags.) jw

It kinda is before Majora's Mask, but not right there. Aonuma said it's the first game in the timeline, meaning it's before Ocarina of Time. So generally speaking, specially for the timeline, yes, it is before Majora's Mask. WAAAAAAY back though.
That shouldn't be a problem, as the mask was used "in ancient times."

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Majora's Mask was worn by a devilish ruler who wanted to destroy the Goddesses. You'll notice a lot of phallus in the stone tower area of the game because the Goddesses were unwanted in Termina.

Goro-Link

I am all of me.
No i agree with whatshisnamethreadposteer. (oh, mastersword. hey, my best friend on another forum's name is mastersword) Majore could well be a person. and i hope we fight majoras wrath. i think that the whips and lazers could work with the new cortrol scheme. plus fierce dietity brought back would be ace.

David

But you called me here...
Majora's Mask was worn by a devilish ruler who wanted to destroy the Goddesses. You'll notice a lot of phallus in the stone tower area of the game because the Goddesses were unwanted in Termina.

How do you know that the phallus was because the goddesses were unwanted in Termina? I don't recall anything in the story saying that they were unwanted.

And I think that having the evil tribe in Skyward Sword would be pretty cool though I don't really think that having Majora in the game is a good idea. They already explored the idea of a mask containing evil powers being the main antagonist. I don't think there needs to be a repeat of that in Skyward Sword. I would personally prefer a new villain that no one has heard about. A new villain has so many advantages in a new game. It provides a character that no one is familiar with and tests our understanding of the Zelda Series. While the dark tribe may be a good idea, I would like a new villain.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I think adding Majora would be a great idea!! ^^ It's an interesting concept, really, explaining his background. I remember reading about it in the manga, and... wouldn't it be funny if he was the main boss... :hmm:

Thumbs up for this thread! Great concept!! ^^

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I quite like the idea of getting a little background on Majora and possibly having a game where the original/younger Majora is the villain. That would be pretty cool. It doesn't matter that Majora in MM is supposed to be from ancient times seeing as how SS could easily take place hundreds or thousands of years before MM. Anyway, my main concern for the game is who the antagonist is going to be. I really want it to be an old villain we know little about rather than a new villain and it's not like Nintendo to give us a brand new villain that hasn't been introduced before (except for FS and MM, of course), so hopefully we get background on an already established villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom