• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Idk

The reason I voted for David is because he is clearly scum to me.

Even I don't think David is "clearly" scum. One thing I've learned in my short time playing this game is that nobody is "clearly" anything. I had pretty strong suspicions Day 2, but even then there was nothing "clearly" scummy about him. And since then I've learned that "frustrated townie" is evidently a not-so-uncommon thing in the game and considering everyone else seems to think I'm overreacting, I have no intentions to vote for David at this point. I'm suspicious and have a bad feeling about him, and I'm letting the town know that, but that's pretty much where it stops for me at this point.

I agree with the others that your recent posts are very curious. It might just be that you literally are very inexperienced and unsure what to do (believe me, I'm often in that same boat) and your behavior in the thread today is being misinterpreted because of that. But I can also see you being mafia, with all or most of your scum buddies dead, and you're desperate and it's showing. Again, even though I'm a total n00b and tend to conform when I'm confused, I at least try to innovate, contribute my own ideas, and make arguments to make people think and to support my actions, crappy as they may be. You're not doing that. If it's because you're confused, then I am extremely sorry for doing this, but I think it'll force you to really defend yourself and your posts from this point one will be valuable to the movement of the game. My vote is to force you to get serious.

VOTE: Ari

David

But you called me here...
If you're getting so upset about the fact that I believe you're scum, that proves that you clearly have something you're hiding.

Why so serious....BRUH.

So upset? You think I'm upset? That's funny. I'm not hiding anything. You, however, might just be. Still no defense nor evidence.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
If you're getting so upset about the fact that I believe you're scum, that proves that you clearly have something you're hiding.

Why so serious....BRUH.

Okay, yeah, I was trying to give Ari the benefit of the doubt when votes were first being thrown on her, but this post completely changed my mind. You're clearly getting very upset at the votes and suspicion against yourself, but instead of trying to defend the suspicions against yourself, you have made several posts about why David is more scummy than you.

Also, you're guilty of the very thing that you accuse David of.

So... Vote Ari

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
Surely you can understand why I'd find David suspicious. Maybe where I'm new to the game I'm just unaware of the whole "frustrated townie" thing and I'm overreacting. But in general he's had a kind of flippant, sarcastic, apathetic, and antagonistic tone; he defended someone who had a pretty obvious scummy attitude earlier in the game (Johnny), snapped at Rep (who had helped lead the town against Deku) for really trivial things, and he voted for himself earlier in the game when people were suspicious of him, seemingly uncaring. These things in combination with his overall weird tone in general just make me scratch my head. Not to mention that he's part of a neighborhood that the game mod hinted probably had scum in it. He just gives me a kind of Jester-y or "scum trying to come off as a Jester" vibe.

Maybe I really am overreacting and David's just simply not in the cheeriest of moods this game. But I can't help but be suspicious. I just have a gut feeling something's not quite right.

Actually, on the contrary, all of this kinda screams Town to me, mainly because scum would never put themselves under the spotlight like that. They like slipping under the radar. But I think you already stated your change of mentality in your post above, so I won't go on about this.

Actually, Batman, I've been quite wary of how much you've been playing up your "I'm an inexperienced player" card. Someone else mentioned this before, but you seem to be following the crowd a lot. I'm not sure about this feeling, but it's not hard to picture you as scum who uses their noobiness as an excuse to hop on bandwagons. IGMEOY: Batman

And whoa guys, I can't remember the last time I saw a game where people were so fast to vote. I agree that Ari is being awfully vague and scummy, but don't you think we're going into this WAY too quickly? I would like to see her give a full and proper defense of herself, at least.

Batman

Actually, on the contrary, all of this kinda screams Town to me, mainly because scum would never put themselves under the spotlight like that. They like slipping under the radar. But I think you already stated your change of mentality in your post above, so I won't go on about this.

Actually, Batman, I've been quite wary of how much you've been playing up your "I'm an inexperienced player" card. Someone else mentioned this before, but you seem to be following the crowd a lot. I'm not sure about this feeling, but it's not hard to picture you as scum who uses their noobiness as an excuse to hop on bandwagons. IGMEOY: Batman

And whoa guys, I can't remember the last time I saw a game where people were so fast to vote. I agree that Ari is being awfully vague and scummy, but don't you think we're going into this WAY too quickly? I would like to see her give a full and proper defense of herself, at least.

I don't see how "all this" "kinda screams Town". According to my logic, if you're town, you'd want to help the town, not vote to kill yourself (town), which is why I was thinking Jester or scum trying to seem like a Jester at first. It makes me wonder if it's a scum tactic to seem like a "frustrated townie" to fool people. David's an experienced Mafia player and I could see him using such a tactic to try to fool us. But again, it's just a suspicion (one that's cooled off some since Day 2) and just something I think town should have on their radar.

I've actually been waiting for someone to bring up how much I mention that I'm new to the game; I've been afraid that it would make people think I'm trying to play dumb and innocent. It would probably be a decent scum tactic to pretend to be ignorant about the game in general. I mean, I'm suspicious of Ari because of it, so I understand. But all I can say is that I'm serious about my inexperience with the game and I find it appropriate to mention that in places.

As far as me following the crowd, I explained why that is often the case when David brought up the concern.

Batman said:
Often my own ideas will just match up with the ideas of others, but I'm definitely influenced by people who I currently believe to be town who are experienced players who make good points. Rep and Sarah are both people in the game whose opinions I value. Being new to the game, I definitely rely on the methods, observations, and conclusions reached by others who I currently trust who make points I can sympathize with.

That expresses my feelings on this concern and I don't have anything else to say about it. Also, if you're so skeptical of me for tending to follow the crowd, for my history with David, and my claims of noobiness, I find it odd you are quick to defend Ari for doing these things in ways that are far less understandable and defendable than what I've done. Why not put the FoS on both of us, unless of course you're worried about your scum buddy being lynched?

Also, I highly suggest you take a look at Sarah's post history in relation to me for further confirmation, soft as it may be, that I'm town. I might be ****ty town, but I'm town :P

I completely agree with you that we need to give Ari plenty of time to defend herself. I like her having lots of votes on her so it incentivizes her to really get serious and speak up and defend herself. But I personally don't want anyone else to vote for her; FoS, but not vote, until we hear what she has to say.

David

But you called me here...

I know Rep and others have mentioned it before, but it bears repeating. For many players, only votes lay on pressure and are what matters. And to be frank, only the hammer or majority when we approach the deadline, are what we should be cautious of if someone isn't confirmed scum.

Ari warrants her votes because of her interesting behavior and because those of us that have voted her have decided that she is a liable lynch candidate until there is more evidence and suspicion on the table. I've already explained my position.

In short, votes aren't inherently bad. I voted for myself yesterday on the wagon, but it ultimately didn't get me killed. We will switch to a more liable candidate of greater immediate evidence is discovered.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Alright, so I finally got caught up. Now, let's see if I'm not too tired to make a poorly constructed extremely incoherent post in response to some things! :)

First off, I'm gonna defend my own case, because I noticed some people pointing fingers at me for my hammer, particularly the part about me saying I didn't really find SavageWizzrobe overly suspicious. Lunch was almost ready, and I was feeling hungry, so I wanted to eat. So I thought I'd help out and get lunch served. I originally wanted to wait for Savage to come out and defend himself, but instead, he only voted for himself, almost solidifying his lynch. He gave up. I didn't foresee him putting out a real defense after that point, so I thought I'd end it. There's more to it than that, though.

A lynch, not matter whether it was town, scum, or third party, would've given us some leads. We already had a lot of people throwing votes around at certain other members, but that wasn't really going anywhere. We had an opportunity to obtain some good information from a lynch that was backed by good explanations and clever thinking, and that's something that has become somewhat rare around these parts. I knew there was a possibility Savage would be town, in fact I was almost sure that he wasn't Mafia because most of his posts displayed a sense of individualism. I thought it somewhat unlikely that he was a member of a larger faction, but I still didn't throw the possibility of him being the Serial Killer away. Honestly though, it didn't really matter to me. Town, third party, scum, whatever, his lynch was beneficial to the town. And if he were town, it would have benefited me in particular because it would have given me a chance to use my role which has, so far, been rather obsolete. It wasn't simply a matter of ending the day and finishing his lynch, I had legitimate reasons for placing the hammer.

Enough about me though, I'll take a quick look at the people who are currently being prepared for lunch.

------------------------

I'll start with David, because he was probably the most talked about during the last day.

If I'm gonna be honest, I don't think David is scum. I think he, as an experienced player, would not be stupid enough to give up and vote for himself when a bandwagon against him occurs. An experienced player like him would not usually be willing to sacrifice himself if he were a mafia member; he would come in and provide solid defenses and attempt to prove himself as town. The fact that he did begin attempting to sacrifice himself took him off my radar. If his vote were later, like Savage's, then that would be hella scummy; since it was so early though, he had no reason to vote for himself, and that, in my opinion, solidifies his claim of being simply a frustrated townie. I've been in spots before when I wanted to just give up. I know what he was thinking. Mafia would be stupid to do that, and I don't see that coming from an experienced player like him.

There's also the fact that I never found him suspicious to begin with, so there's that...

HOWEVER, before I leave David alone, I will point out one more thing, and I warn you, it is a MAJOR stretch.

So, y'know how I kept mentioning the fact that David's experienced? I used that in his defense, but it can also be used against him. It's a stretch, but it's possible that David voted for himself as a bluff. As an experienced player, he would know that people would find him suspicious over it, but he could also know that people would think what I thought and that he wouldn't be stupid enough to vote for himself as mafia. Like I said, it's a stretch, and a huge one at that, but it's a definite possibility and something that I think should be considered. It's like using reverse psychology, make people think that you're simply somebody who is frustrated with the game to give yourself some town cred, when you really have a deeper ulterior motive for your actions. I doubt it, but it could be the case.

idk though, David doesn't seem suspicious to me, so ya...

ANYWHO, next up is Scarfed I guess.

Scarfed never really did anything overly suspicious to me, but I never really kept tabs on him until Sarah mentioned finding him suspicious, and after looking back, I see where she's coming from. He remained largely inactive when Dek[[unu]]t was on the chopping block, then suddenly jumped in during day 2 and voted for SavageWizzrobe. iirc, he was the first person to really hint at the possibility of Savage being the SK, and then posted reasoning that didn't really make a whole lot of sense when I read back. I didn't pay attention to him before, but now that I've had a chance to really think about it, being inactive when a mafia member is in trouble then suddenly jumping in and accusing somebody of being the serial killer, then that person DOES end up being the serial killer, it's really strange. I would not at all be surprised if Scarfed is a Role Cop, or simply scumbuds with a Role Cop, and knew all along that Savage was the SK and was just waiting for an opportunity to strike, all the while planning a big defense and explanation as to why he came to that conclusion. It is pretty fishy.

Now for the person who is almost ready to be served at the table, Ari.

Ari is a total newb to mafia, and it is reflected very well in her posts. I know because I was a newb once. She is following the crowds, not really giving any real reasoning towards her ideas, and is overall being very unhelpful to the town. Most mafia newbies, at least, make somewhat of an attempt to defend themselves once thrown up onto the chopping block. She isn't. At all. She's simply throwing out jokey, sarcastic one liners, and they're not helping her nor us in any way at all. I'm not really sure that this is a scumtell, but it's definitely weird and annoying. I think I'd be OK with her lynch if there are no better alternatives.

Out of these three, I think I find Scarfed the most suspicious. I gave my reasons in defense of both David and Ari, but I can't really think of many reasons to think that Scarfed is a townie. I'm not gonna vote yet, but I'm going to be keeping my eye on him.

Batman

Thank you for that very valuable post, Mellow. I agree with pretty much all your points. I'm just more inclined to subscribe to the "stretch" you talk about when it comes to David. But otherwise, I think you just gained town points with me. Or you're a brilliant Mafioso.

:coolhecks:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I don't think anyone has said all of their suspicions of David have subsided; rather that there are people we find more suspicious. If Ari isn't scum, she's still anti-town because she's impeding the progress of the town.

Oh and nice mason soft claim. Well I suppose that helps a bit.

Jamie

Oh, I want to add that... Ari DELETED a post earlier in which she said she was going to let the day play out and she has suspicions of Scarfed. So honestly @Pendio I'm calling for a mod kill (I know it's hard to modkill your gf)

Batman

I can't believe she cheated. That makes me mad in real life, not in-game. I'm meta-game mad. Who the hell cheats at Mafia? Making mistakes is just part of the game. You don't hinder/ruin it for the other players because you screwed up.

Jamie

I can't believe she cheated. That makes me mad in real life, not in-game. I'm meta-game mad. Who the hell cheats at Mafia? Making mistakes is just part of the game. You don't hinder/ruin it for the other players because you screwed up.
PROPER mad!!!11!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom