• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Items

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
If anyone has any queries about the 8 items on the wheel, I can answer. I used a hack on the leaked demo and now I can use all the items, ask away.

P.S - I'm limited to the Skyview Temple for testing.

Impressions of the whip, gust bellows, and double clawshots? Any special effects on enemies? Also are they fun to use?

Whoa, how did you use this hack? Also, how do you use the hack that opens up Skyloft? I don't know how to do that kinda crap >_> Is it easy enough to explain?

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Whip - Pretty fun to flail around but only was able to kill a few Keese. It has no effect on Skulltulas or Bokoblins.
Gust Below - Controlled really intuitively. However, there wasn't really anything to do with it other than make Bokoblins look at me.
Double Clawshots - Awesome to control, but I had to targets. I knocked a rupee of from a small pole thing though.

How's the bow, is it really limited to long distance or can you also use it on semi long distances?

I kind of get the feeling with the nerving of the bow that we only have the sword for close combat/medium close combat. Sure the slingshot is more useful but I cant see it taking out Bokoblins like the bow used to do. You say the whip is only for small targets, the gust bellow isn't an offensive weapon just like the clawshot is a mode of transportation and a puzzle solver but rarely comes in handy during combat (save for enemies designed for it). The beetle isn't offensive either, so all we have left is bombs and the sword as strong close combat weapons. I think that's a shame I really enjoyed the combat style in TP with the bow and sword fighting style.

Is the slingshot strong enough to balance out the loss of the bow in close combat?

Actually... there are some subtleties to the bow/slingshot that I don't think many (any?) previews have touched upon. First and foremost, the slingshot allows z-targeting and the bow does not. The bow MUST be used in first person, as far as I can tell. The thing is, z-targeting with the slingshot doesn't ensure you will hit something this time like other games: you need to target with the sensor and put the crosshair over the enemy. Also, its range is fairly short. The bow, on the other hand, needs to be readied for a little bit longer.. and.. if the text dumps are a reflection of the final game, the quiver counts and slingshot counts are as follows:

quiver: 5, 10, 15
seed satchel: 10, 20, 30

so the bow's power is made up for by the fact you get very few arrows to keep around

OK... I'm having trouble with using the bombs in an underhanded style. More often than not, he'll just go back up to a standing position instead of rolling it?

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
We got a look at a new Wooden Shield upgrade design from a recent Kotaku video.

newshield.jpg

Pretty cool, huh?

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
How's the bow, is it really limited to long distance or can you also use it on semi long distances?

I kind of get the feeling with the nerving of the bow that we only have the sword for close combat/medium close combat. Sure the slingshot is more useful but I cant see it taking out Bokoblins like the bow used to do. You say the whip is only for small targets, the gust bellow isn't an offensive weapon just like the clawshot is a mode of transportation and a puzzle solver but rarely comes in handy during combat (save for enemies designed for it). The beetle isn't offensive either, so all we have left is bombs and the sword as strong close combat weapons. I think that's a shame I really enjoyed the combat style in TP with the bow and sword fighting style.

Is the slingshot strong enough to balance out the loss of the bow in close combat?
There are two different ways to shoot the bow.

1. Simply hold A without even touching the nun chuck and then release. You can charge the arrow to make it go further.
2. Hold C and pull back on the nunchuck, this is a medium range shot.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
The Mogma Mitts seem purely for dungeon progress rather than boss battles. I could be wrong since we might have to use them for Volvagia's battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom