• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Items

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Skyward Sword may only have a few items but there are so many upgrades it's not even going to matter! I bet that when you get an upgrade to a item you will have that same feeling you get when you first get a new item! I can't wait!

An upgrade is an improvment to an item we already have. Obtaining it from a chest doesn't change anything.

Also I think this explains the confusion surrounding the name of this particular item.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I may be jumping the gun a bit here, but you know those two new bow upgrades we saw in the recently released artwork?

Yeah, I think it might be the silver arrows and the light arrows respectively. No? Ok.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
He found the Beetle upgrade in a chest.

Locke...that was part of a demo. He finds the Beetle itself in the Skyview Temple. Not the upgrade.

I may be jumping the gun a bit here, but you know those two new bow upgrades we saw in the recently released artwork?

Yeah, I think it might be the silver arrows and the light arrows respectively. No? Ok.

You beat me to the punch! I was going to comment on that. :xd:

Haha, yeah, I'm going to update the Bow section now.

An upgrade is an improvment to an item we already have. Obtaining it from a chest doesn't change anything.

I know, but it's not part of the upgrade system. That was my point. ;)

Why do you get THE double clawshot and the whip. Their main function is to access areas that couldn't be reached before, both aren much of an offensive weapons and there are only so many puzzles you can create designed for that specific item. Im not against either just seems to me that we could have gotten another item instead of one of those, they are too similar in function.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Why do you get THE double clawshot and the whip. Their main function is to access areas that couldn't be reached before, both aren much of an offensive weapons and there are only so many puzzles you can create designed for that specific item. Im not against either just seems to me that we could have gotten another item instead of one of those, they are too similar in function.

The Whip and Double Clawshots work very differently. The Whip is used to get across short gaps that aren't able to be reached by jumping. The Double Clawshots can be used to get across a freaking chasm if necessary. The Whip can also be used as an effective weapon.

I know they aren't the same and that they have a different function, however in my opinion their main purpose, which is traversing gaps and reaching new places otherwise inaccesible, is very simmilar. If we look to past games we always see either of them being used in such a way. It's just strange you implement two, purpose wise, simmilar items while leaving out fan favorites such as the boomerang and the Megaton hammer. Not that I wanted one of those persé.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
So, we get the upgraded beetle (the Hook one) the first time you visit the Lanayru Desert. One of the Ancient Robots inform you that your beetle is inferior and upgrades it. Here is a direct quote from Nintendo World Report:

"Early on, you find another crystal, which aids in reviving another robot. Glancing at your beetle, he makes some crack at how inferior it is and upgrades it for you. The beetle, which was already one of my favorite new weapons, just got cooler. It can now pick up items, such as bombs, and then drop them to solve puzzles or destroy enemies."

An upgrade and the Hookshots all in the same visit, This is awesome.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
So, we get the upgraded beetle (the Hook one) the first time you visit the Lanayru Desert. One of the Ancient Robots inform you that your beetle is inferior and upgrades it. Here is a direct quote from Nintendo World Report:

"Early on, you find another crystal, which aids in reviving another robot. Glancing at your beetle, he makes some crack at how inferior it is and upgrades it for you. The beetle, which was already one of my favorite new weapons, just got cooler. It can now pick up items, such as bombs, and then drop them to solve puzzles or destroy enemies."

An upgrade and the Hookshots all in the same visit, This is awesome.

Yeah, this means that there's one upgrade that is actually necessary in the game. Good thing we don't have to collect anything to upgrade it, though.

NOTICE: A few updates have been made, and links to the item upgrade designs that have been revealed are included in the upgrade descriptions.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Have all the game's items been confirmed at this point?

So far as we know, I believe they have been. There was an Item's Trailer sometime ago that showcased all of the revealed equipment. Only the upgrades are to remain anonymous for now, unless they too have been unveiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom