• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword Items

arkvoodle

Diabolical
This is a very informative thread JJ. Very nice work on getting the information!

The mystery item seems to be a re-skin or an upgrade to the gust bellow. The second one is blue, while the first one is a pale brown. Possibly the upgrade means it sends out a bigger blast of air. I'm not sure. We'll have to wait and see!

This belongs on the main site, under the skyward sword guide/description for items. It's very good, and contains all the useful information we know so far! Again, excellent work. :)

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I understand, but since it would be handy to include upgrades I should post the shield upgrades as well.

qqcqx0.jpg

Wooden Shield
The first shield you obtain, presumably from Skyloft. Is weak to fire. Can be upgraded to Banded Shield.
shop.jpg

Banded_Shield.png

Iron Shield
Second shield, stronger than wooden, can defend against fire. Upgrades available but unknown.
Zelda_Skyward_Sword_1014_20.png

Purple (Knight?) Shield
Stronger than Iron Shield, upgrades available.
di9a0.jpg

004.png

Hylian Shield
Zelda_Skyward_Sword_1014_16.png

Strongest Shield, nearly invincible. Probably weak against magic.

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
That's because it's a new branch of shield and they needed to truncate it, otherwise it'd be too long for the HUD.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Thanks! :]
Next I'll try the Goddess Sword...

Goddess Sword
The%20Skyward%20Sword-thumb-225x209-13007.png

Obtained in Skyloft. Is upgraded several times.
SS_Intermediate1-thumb-250x140-13011.jpg

SS_Intermediate2-thumb-250x140-13013.jpg

SS_Intermediate3-thumb-250x140-13015.jpg

SS_Intermediate4.jpg

Hilt design and size of scabbard changes.
Is finally upgraded to Master Sword, perhaps near the end.
normal_rvl_zeldass_01char03_e3.png

Last edited:

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
since there seem to be a lot of equipable items( i mean items like the bow, beetle, whip, gust bellow, etc.., not items like the sword and shield) and there is a screenshot that shows only 8 or so available spots on a item subscreen, do you think there's a capacity limit on what you can take with you and we'll have to leave some items in skyloft? or is there maybe a second subscreen for more items, or are the lack of spots due to upgrading things?

I have a (probably stupid) question about the bow: It's the nunchuk that's pulled back and not the wiimote, isn't it? If so, that's going to feel weird, though I guess I could always put the nunchuk in my right hand for archery.

vcdomith

Mad Artist
since there seem to be a lot of equipable items( i mean items like the bow, beetle, whip, gust bellow, etc.., not items like the sword and shield) and there is a screenshot that shows only 8 or so available spots on a item subscreen, do you think there's a capacity limit on what you can take with you and we'll have to leave some items in skyloft? or is there maybe a second subscreen for more items, or are the lack of spots due to upgrading things?
Yes, there is a limit for items, but, in Skyloft there's a storage room, where you swap your items, but, if you got the "wrong" items for an area Fi will tell you;)

The new unknown item interests me and most of the items you listed look like they will be fun to use in the game!
I cannot wait to use the bomb and the slingshot! To bad the boomerangs not be mentioned yet! I heard we will have to go to a storage room which would be kind of wierd since you used to just hold all items in the inventory..
Also I have never heard about the fishing rod either.
The beetle looks interesting I cannot wait to use the beetle!
The lyre is awesome also I love musical instruments in a Zelda game! XD
The whip looks cool it will also be like a grappling hook which is even more awesome!
I liked the grappling hook in WW.
The bow and arrow are going to be fun to use with the wii motion plus and no mention of iron boots yet?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I have a (probably stupid) question about the bow: It's the nunchuk that's pulled back and not the wiimote, isn't it? If so, that's going to feel weird, though I guess I could always put the nunchuk in my right hand for archery.

Yes, it's the Nunchuk that's pulled back. Idk why they did that.

By the way, nice catch on all the differences in the Goddess Sword, Caelus. If any of you can't tell the difference, the blade gets longer throughout the pictures, and actually takes on the form of the blade part of the Master Sword in that last picture. The hilt also gets darker blue throughout upgrades. (Check the left picture of the purple shield with the claw on it in the Shield portion of Caelus's descriptions.) It looks as if it's going to work like the Picori Blade did in The Minish Cap by slowly changing into the Blade of Evil's Bane.

Oh, and I think this confirms the Digging Mitts aren't equipable.

equipableitems.jpg

I also think the unknown item is the redisigned item.

Anyway, according to the last Iwata asks, the 8 equipable items that have been shown are also the ONLY equipable items in the game. So no more items we haven't seen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom