• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Huge Disappointment So Far!

ZeldaHam

Some Skyloftian Guy
Hang on, now you're claiming that I'm a basement dweller and that I should grow up and get a job? 3 things wrong with that.

1. I go outside with my friends as well as playing zelda games, thank you very much.
2. I might not be the most mature of people, but it seems you need to some growing up as well.
3. I'm 14. I can't legally get a full-time job.

Back on topic, why does everyone dislike WW's cel-shading? I thought it was fine, and it created a slightly humourous atmosphere. Although I still don't get how he was able to hold a huge Skull Hammer that's twice the size of him. ._.

D

DannofThursday

Gabbe92, if you don't think Wind Waker is a good game you are not a true zelda fan at all.

D

Da Bunni Hood

There are mushrooms in real life. Of course, you wouldn't know that if you sit down playing your playstation2 all day (lame, I know, but true). Wind waker was amazing. It is more revolutionary than tp, regardless of how good a game twilight princess was, and the graphics really look like a link to the past in 3D. Don't diss wind waker, especially before you play it. As for Skyward Sword, the graphics are like that to exaggerate the enemies and make them stand out from the background, so you can look at them and find their weakness easier. And link in the game is pretty much the same as tp so stop complaining because graphics don't even matter. Heres a more realistic list.

Gameplay
Gameplay
Gameplay
Gameplay
Storyline

Wait a minute, graphics don't really matter at all! I can play zelda 1, a link to the past, or even adventure of link all day wherein link is like four pixels wide.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Wow. This whole thread is a whole bunch of flaming. Where is a mod when you need one?

It's not really so bad. People are mostly disagreeing--that should be allowed and encouraged. It is good to have people sincerely challenge the game. Hopefully Nintendo will read this and make parts of it better.

if you don't think Wind Waker is a good game you are not a true zelda fan at all.

Hahaha, this thread has officially gone to hell. Posting junk like this automatically loses just about any and all credibility that might have ever been present.

First, it's not your place to determine what makes someone a "true Zelda fan". Second, someone is perfectly allowed to think that one of the games in the series has been horrible. Personally, WW is on the bottom of my list of favorite Zelda titles. Third, thinking that one game in an entire series is bad doesn't mean that you can't immensely enjoy the other games in said series and call yourself a fan. I love MM and LA a lot, which means I can call myself a fan if I want to.

Fail. The graphics are fine, and it's an impressionist art style, a combination of WW's cel-shading and TP's realism. Also, zelda 1 was made in 1986, of course it's going to have 8-bit graphics. WW's cel-shading was designed to appeal to a younger audience, and TP had a darker, more mature art style.

In OoT, Malon has a bowser pendant, and Talon and Ingo are made to look like Mario and Luigi. Hell, Link's Awakening is the king of nintendo game references, and you haven't complained about any of that, have you? Skyward Sword's art style is unique, and the gameplay is brilliant. If you think a game isn't enjoyable and not worth playing because of the graphics, then you have serious issues.

P.S. Learn to spell.

Wow, just wow.

I love arguing and debating about issues. It's one of my favorite parts of this forum; being able to have civil debates about issues with a good clash of opinions. But geez, you're just being a jerk. Calm down and stop the personal criticisms; cutting someone down their spelling just so your post looks more "intelligent" in comparison to his really makes you look like a jackass, especially when his mothertongue isn't English.

I agree with Hannah that this needs to be fixed or closed. This thread is obviously a troll magnet because the OP doesn't worship SS and WW like they do.

Last edited:

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
You haven't even played SS yet, so I don't think it's fair to judge it yet.

Why? You can still comment on what looks good or bad about it without playing it. The trees look like crap, for example....playing it would not change that.

Kirino

Tatakae
Why? You can still comment on what looks good or bad about it without playing it. The trees look like crap, for example....playing it would not change that.

by saying he doesnt think its fair to judge without playing,he means you cant say the whole game will suck without even playing it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
My previous post.

I forgot something.

Anyways, you seem to look down upon SS for another reason: the "Mario references". Look, I'm not saying you have to enjoy the Mario references, and heck you can hate them for all I care, it's your opinion after all. But just know that Mario refernces have been a part of Zelda for a long time now.

ALttP started that tradition with portraits in some houses of our favorite chubby plumber. They also had a Magic Mushroom (no doubt a reference to the Mushrooms that make you grow in Mario games) which was a reference to Mario.

LA was the mother of all Mario references in the Zelda series so far, referencing almost every aspect Mario had at the time, even referencing a little bit of the Kirby series.

OoT had hidden portraits of some Mario characters (Mario, Bowser, Yoshi, Peach, and Luigi if I'm not mistakemn) in the Castle Courtyard beyond the eastern window. Malon wore a Bowser pendant and you try telling me that Talon and Ingo and the Composer Brothers aren't both references to the most famous duo in all of gaming.

But I digress, there will always be Easter Eggs and references to Mario in Zelda and that's that. After all, Miyamoto is the father of both those series plus others. After all, if you had two amazing pieces of work that continued on for 20+ years and basically served as the Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse of their own medias, wouldn't you want to reference one in another? I highly doubt you wouldn't.

And another thing, the eyeball door thing can definately be interpretted as a Super Mario 64 Easter Egg, but the Mushrooms themselves can't.

Why, you ask? Because A) They can't be carried around (current knowledge), :cool: They can't be eaten, and C) they don't do anything other than just be cool little background objects in certain area.

Now I'm officially done posting. See ya around the forums.

Oh, and lay off the flaming guys, the mods shouldn't have to deal with this if they don't have to. Let's just all agree to disagree and keep it civil here.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Not a huge disappointment! really just a (meh) disappointment. Like I would buy it but I would rent it I don't it looks ok but you just swing the wii remote like sword what about riding epona or talking to people I don't see in any of the commercials him talking to people like he did in the other ones... so really I will rent it if I wanted to play it

Valexi

Hylian Thief
The trees look like crap, for example....playing it would not change that.
Well, the thing about that is; the graphics seen at E3 weren't the final product, but rather something to present.
Unfinished, so to say.
I know for sure that I heard somewhere that they would improve on the trees and background elements before the final product is released.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
They usually improve on something, whether its a stage in production, plot, or other element. Nothing is set in stone yet. The E3 trailers and screenshots are just previews to get us fans hyped up and talking about it.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Well, the thing about that is; the graphics seen at E3 weren't the final product, but rather something to present.
Unfinished, so to say.
I know for sure that I heard somewhere that they would improve on the trees and background elements before the final product is released.

I heard that this is not the final game, but I have never seen anyone saying that the trees would be improved, which scares me. If you have a quote, please show it to me.

This area may not be in the final game, but I am assuming elements of it will be, right? I mean, they did not make a fake game to show us. Some of the things they showed are on their way to bing in the game...the enemies, Link, and thus heinous, horrendous, hideous, craft-project, game-ruining, dopey, doofy, dumpy, flat, funky, frumpy trees.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I heard that this is not the final game, but I have never seen anyone saying that the trees would be improved, which scares me. If you have a quote, please show it to me.

This area may not be in the final game, but I am assuming elements of it will be, right? I mean, they did not make a fake game to show us. Some of the things they showed are on their way to bing in the game...the enemies, Link, and thus heinous, horrendous, hideous, craft-project, game-ruining, dopey, doofy, dumpy, flat, funky, frumpy trees.
I can't quite recall where I found the quote, but they will fix the trees and continue to tweak the graphics in general.
But, I suppose we'll have to agree with disagree.
I don't rely so much on graphics, though I don't really see why everyone is attacking the game based on that alone. Personally I really enjoy the direction they're talking it.
Either way, I'll save my final judgment till after the game is released.

@Zeldaham: Why is it that in every post I see you make you're in an active argument with someone?
Calm yourself; the internet isn't that important.
Just have a nice little chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom