• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Discussion

Skyward Sword HD

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I figured most people who bought the base game for that price already had a Wii Motion Plus, I was considering doing just that back then because I already had the peripheral when I got Wii Sports Resort. I bought the Limited Edition anyway, though.
I didn't even know other games requiring it existed

edit: that's probably why it's a failed peripheral rofl

Last edited:

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Eh, when skyward sword was standalone for the wii it was 10 dollars cheaper compared to the nintendo switch price. Also the limited edition that it's being compared to was bought up so fast and scalped ridiculously. Just like this game probably will be too. I'm not exactly happy about the price for the Nintendo Switch but I'm not going to get up in arms about it either.

The issue I am having is the amiibo debacle, which is 25 dollars and it has a QOL kind of improvement. I don't like that you have to pay to have that kind of improvement.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
As it stands, this game is looking more and more like Nintendo is just gonna try and pass off "hey look we added button controls :)" as the only significant change. That's a real shame considering the past HD upgrades got more than that. I would love for E3 to prove me wrong, but idk man.

That said, I'm still gonna buy it. Dunno if I'll get it immediately upon release since two other games come out the week before, but I still want it. SS is one of my favorite Zelda games and I'd love to play it on a better platform.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Idk I would say the 1080p is the most important change the game can make

It kind of sucks if Nintendo are using this as a test of demand only for it to not sell because they weren't willing to make the necessary changes

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
With E3 around the corner, I'm curious to see if Ninty will pull out anything new about the port. New content, etc. It still wouldn't be worth $60 even if they did add new content (look at Sonic Colors Ultimate, haha; $40 for new content and a much more noticeable visual upgrade), but that would at least make it feel like people who bought it twice weren't getting gouged so badly. It's not going to be ideal no matter what though, since Ninty is stuck on charging more for their games than they're worth.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
As it stands, this game is looking more and more like Nintendo is just gonna try and pass off "hey look we added button controls :)" as the only significant change. That's a real shame considering the past HD upgrades got more than that. I would love for E3 to prove me wrong, but idk man.

I am leaning more towards this same opinion with each passing day. I keep seeing the tweets that the official Zelda account is posting on Twitter, and they're just showing off the same character PNGs that were released 10 years ago, along with short clips like "This is how you use the Whip". This will probably be the 3D Zelda remake with the least changes in it so far, although I would absolutely love to be proven wrong upon release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom