• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Discussion

Skyward Sword HD

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I doubt it, because when it comes to motion controls Nintendo hates lefties
maybe they finally learned their lesson- after all, pokemon let's go is accessible for either hand, although I preferred to play that left handed, and wii sports (and brain age) had a handedness option
I don't personally understand the lefties who are like "I can't play any wii game with nunchuk" because it ends up being exactly like a controller in layout more or less and they don't have a problem with that, but with skyward sword's immersive controls it makes sense to have a left handed "mirror mode"

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I never minded Fi's dialogue, but one thing I DID mind was the gossip stone. Him popping up and calling out to us was ok. But the game forcing you into his explanation was not. Let us go talk to him if we want to.

Dunno why that bothered me while Fi didnt. :suspicious:

The reason Fi exists has no meaning on Switch. Let me explain.
The theory is the devs made mostof Skyward Sword. Well designed and pretty easy to work out what to do but still somewhat challenging. But it's near the end of the Wii lifetime and Nintendo has realised that the Wii is mostly a casual audience who doesn't mainstream game.

So what's the solution? Teach the casuals how to game. Fi was that teacher. Nintendo's effort to make Skyward Sword more accessible backfired and actually made it less accessible. Ceave's video I posted in the other topic goes over this really well and he explains it better than I did here.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Fi was a poorly disguised manifestation of Nintendo’s excessive push for accessibility, much to the detriment of the gameplay. Any option to turn her off completely would be appreciated, especially since this isn’t a new game. People who have played it before likely don’t want to hear her go on and on about things they already know, and even new players would likely rather figure things out for themselves rather than being told it piece-by-piece in the most painstakingly irritating way possible.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Seeing the Fi hate resurface is really funny to me. "No one wants to talk to her if they've already played the game" I do. "She's annoying and redundant" eh she's fine. "She tells you everything you already know" kinda but I don't mind at all. I like her being chatty. It makes her feel more present and part of the adventure. ST Zelda did this better, sure, but I still enjoy Fi for that. I want my companions to be heavily involved in what's going on.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Seeing the Fi hate resurface is really funny to me. "No one wants to talk to her if they've already played the game" I do. "She's annoying and redundant" eh she's fine. "She tells you everything you already know" kinda but I don't mind at all. I like her being chatty. It makes her feel more present and part of the adventure. ST Zelda did this better, sure, but I still enjoy Fi for that. I want my companions to be heavily involved in what's going on.
So like if Navi had personality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom