• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Skyward Sword HD Discussion

Skyward Sword HD

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You can do it too! :D is it alright to ask which games you still need to beat?
Of course it's alright to ask ;)
I still need to beat The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II Adventures of Link, bith the Oracle games (I was close to finish one if them but lost the file) and Triforce Heroes. My goal is to beat them next year but I say that for years now :ham: But this time I really plan to beat them!

Of course it's alright to ask ;)
I still need to beat The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II Adventures of Link, bith the Oracle games (I was close to finish one if them but lost the file) and Triforce Heroes. My goal is to beat them next year but I say that for years now :ham: But this time I really plan to beat them!

Funny enough those are the ones I'm planning to leave until last :crylaugh:

The nes games I find a little intimidating.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Funny enough those are the ones I'm planning to leave until last :crylaugh:

The nes games I find a little intimidating.
Yeah especially Zelda II is known for being very tough. But no matter how long it will take to beat it, being beaten it shall be :D
I don't really care about Triforce Heroes but it counts to the Zelda World

Well into SS now but took a while to get into it, still having to ask Polygon or ign questions but I think I’m getting better at sussing things out for myself.
Im not a great fighter so some of the Bosses have taken me quite a while to master!

I feel a little guilty. I'm about 23 hours into Skyward Sword HD and i just reached the 2nd silent realm and its honestly become a battle to get myself to play and progress through the game.

It probably didn't help that i put the game on hold with my new responsibilities as a dad.

I like the dungeons... i just don't enjoy everything inbetween, it feels like getting to each dungeon is a dungeon in its self.

I keep putting the game on hold and forcing myself to binge stuff in the lead up to a dungeon.

Its got to a point where i was questioning if i dont enjoy zelda games anymore but im pretty sure its this games pacing im struggling with.

How much left do you think i have from the 2nd silent realm onwards? I really want to beat this game and remember the fun stuff like the dungeons.

Sorry for the rant i still like this game just feel like there some padding in it.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Well into SS now but took a while to get into it, still having to ask Polygon or ign questions but I think I’m getting better at sussing things out for myself.
Im not a great fighter so some of the Bosses have taken me quite a while to master!
skyward sword's bosses are some of the greatest spectacles in the entire series, have fun

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I feel a little guilty. I'm about 23 hours into Skyward Sword HD and i just reached the 2nd silent realm and its honestly become a battle to get myself to play and progress through the game.

It probably didn't help that i put the game on hold with my new responsibilities as a dad.

I like the dungeons... i just don't enjoy everything inbetween, it feels like getting to each dungeon is a dungeon in its self.

I keep putting the game on hold and forcing myself to binge stuff in the lead up to a dungeon.

Its got to a point where i was questioning if i dont enjoy zelda games anymore but im pretty sure its this games pacing im struggling with.

How much left do you think i have from the 2nd silent realm onwards? I really want to beat this game and remember the fun stuff like the dungeons.

Sorry for the rant i still like this game just feel like there some padding in it.
I honestly agree with everything you said in this post. I would never have beaten the game if not for a) I started it during lockdown and b) I had already suffered through so many hours of it I didn't want that to go to waste. Whenever people ask me how I felt about it my response is "it's a great game really but also I hate it so much." And you could probably find dozens of posts from me here complaining about what you said, the main overworld being a dungeon in and of itself. Now if I remember correctly, there's a total of 4 silent realms and you had to do a bunch of dungeons before even getting to them, because you had to collect the flames. You are so, so close. Assuming you've done the dungeon after the second silent realm, you only have a couple of dungeons and some side missions left to go. This game is really challenging and hard to get through just because of how it's paced and set up. I'm embarrassed to say I may have gotten frustrated to the point of tears a couple times, but I'm still really glad I beat it. If you're bogged down by the fact that you're not enjoying the game, that's totally okay. Video games shouldn't be a chore. But since you've gotten this far already I think if you set your mind to it you can beat it.

I honestly agree with everything you said in this post. I would never have beaten the game if not for a) I started it during lockdown and b) I had already suffered through so many hours of it I didn't want that to go to waste. Whenever people ask me how I felt about it my response is "it's a great game really but also I hate it so much." And you could probably find dozens of posts from me here complaining about what you said, the main overworld being a dungeon in and of itself. Now if I remember correctly, there's a total of 4 silent realms and you had to do a bunch of dungeons before even getting to them, because you had to collect the flames. You are so, so close. Assuming you've done the dungeon after the second silent realm, you only have a couple of dungeons and some side missions left to go. This game is really challenging and hard to get through just because of how it's paced and set up. I'm embarrassed to say I may have gotten frustrated to the point of tears a couple times, but I'm still really glad I beat it. If you're bogged down by the fact that you're not enjoying the game, that's totally okay. Video games shouldn't be a chore. But since you've gotten this far already I think if you set your mind to it you can beat it.

Glad im not alone about the overworld dungeon thing. That's the main thing that i'm struggling with.

I was going to put this game on hold until next year but your words have encouraged me to see it through.

I'm afraid i'm still trying to reach the sandship dungeon. I beat the 2nd realm and now i'm at the shipping yard. I'm going to try to binge and complete the sandship dungeon.

Although i hated returning to the desert i do really like the pirate theme.

I feel like i'm a bit more back into it. Wish me luck.

frankly I think that's something like 60% the way through the game, so yeah you sorta do still have a bit to go, and more errands that everyone has link do

How far would you say i would be after the sandship dungeon? I'm progressing quite a bit today.

Thanks i'm going to try and aim to finish it before the new year but not sure if i'll have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom