• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Graphics

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I like it. The graphics that are in Skyward Sword are what all Zelda games should be. A colorful fantasy adventure, that's what it has always been.

Dark Hero

I am McBuscus. Hi :3
I think the graphics style in Skyward Sword give it a more dreamy effect, which in this case, is good, because the setting in Skyward Sword -Skyloft, in general- gives the game a more dream-like atmosphere. I think the graphics affected the game in a very positive way, and if they decided to make another game like Skyward Sword, they should choose that style of graphics.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that SS was a beautiful game and the graphic style made it very versatile in terms of what you could do with the mood of the game. You could make it serious, or you could make it funny, or you could make it dark or light. I think it gave the game a lot of options.

Fig

The Altruist
I really enjoyed the combined graphics of Wind Waker's with Twilight Princess's. It made me feel like a child, but at the same time feel mature enough to understand the storyline and gameplay of this awesome game. Hopefully Nintendo creates another Zelda game in the future with similar graphics to Skyward Sword.

I thought it was really amazing! One of the best art styles on the Zelda series.

I think from a technical point of view, SS' graphics were on par with TP's.

Well, from a technical standpoint, I think that SS's graphics are actually better than TP's, what it's just as I would expect, since TP was a game developed for the Gamecube, which is (considerably?) less powerfull than the Wii. But I think the art style of SS might make it easier to make better graphics, since there were less detailed textures, for example.

Even if we keep that in mind, SS's graphics are really outdated. The Wii is definitly struggling against its age and technical inferiority compared to other home consoles.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skyward Sword's art style was superb, realistic and unrealistic enough to capture my eye! Skyward Sword's graphics were actually terrible considering the year it released and what not. Don't give me any lip about how SS was released on the Wii -- fact is, graphics of so much higher caliber were possible around the time SS first entered development and thus the graphics are bad.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I absolutely adored Skyward Sword's graphics. They did a great job!
They tried to add some realistic features, while also maintaining the typical fantasy/cartoony features to it.
I wasn't necessarily found of the style of TP and WW, but I didn't hate it.
Skyward Sword has probably the best graphics in my opinion. :)

When I was first seeing footage way before the game was released I don't think I liked the graphics too much at all. But I think I would have liked it no matter how it turned out. The way the graphics looked at first seemed like the type of graphics you would see on a handheld system. Since Skyward Sword is 2nd on my list even if I didn't like the graphics would mean that it was not that big of an aspect.

How the graphics turned out I thought was pretty good, but I almost would have preferred the graphics the way previews made it seem.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I thought they were OK for a wii game. Mario Galaxy looked better in my opinion. I did not like the impressionistic style that much, maybe because the graphics were bad themselves, but I much preferred the look of TP and OOT. Although I found the fire sanctuary to be rather pretty, the inside of crawling spaces looked horrendous, not even in OOT did the graphics look that bad and also at the end of defeating Moldarach that brown room, it was just graphically horrible. I don't remember anything looking that bad in Zelda before.

I found the distance blur to be nasty to look at, which is why perhaps some parts of the game looked bad. When things were viewed closer up they looked a lot nicer. Again look at Moldarach's room after it is defeated and see how horrible the ceiling is compared to the walls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom