• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Graphics

L

linkswagmaster

What did you think about Skyward Sword's graphics? Did you think that a combination of WindWaker's and Twilight Princess's graphics was a good idea? Personally I loved them and thought that they were perfect and colorful. :thinking:

I am a huge fan of this aesthetic style. The cartoonish element was appropriate for the overall lighthearted themes presented in the game, however the designers of the game clearly did not demonstrate any limitations for the depiction of more darker elements. The color palate was also appropriate given the circumstances of the story; muted light tones almost reminiscent of countryside paintings. I thought it was great. :)

The graphics of the game were not as crisp as other games coming out these days, but I honestly couldn't care less. The graphical superiority complex some modern gamers have is ridiculous - the number of pixels per square inch on my screen makes no difference to me when it comes to my enjoyment of a game. Of course, this is coming from someone whose favorite console is the N64, so I definitely don't have room to judge.

i much preferred the graphics of twilight princes, making it more like wind waker just made the entire game seem less serious to me

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I can't say that I loved them, but I didn't not like them either. I thought the graphics in Twilight Princess were better and made it much serious than Skyward Swords.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Beautiful, no other word can describe Skyward Sword's graphics...

I think it was neat what Nintendo did with Skyward Sword's graphics. They ended up blending the colorful and cartoonish style of Wind Waker with a bit of seriousness as found in Twilight Princess perfectly. I also liked how the game felt like a moving watercolor painting with the dabs of paint as seen in the distance. Also, at times (like on the Sandship) the colors really pop and completely emmerse you into the experience.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I loved the graphics in this game. I especially enjoyed the watercolor-esque background style implemented in the game. Everything was so smooth it was great

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
I think from a technical point of view, SS' graphics were on par with TP's. That said, I much preferred SS Link and the world that was around him. It was much easier on the eyes. They tried to do too much with TP that I thought it just looked messy and overcrowded. SS was simplistic when it needed to be. Zelda fits a more stylized artform.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I really liked the graphic style! my Wii's cables had a bit of a problem so the pixels would show really well and the colors would go wonky (you know, things like Link turning yellow, Pipit looks like he came from a horror movie, Links' hair turning green! doubt people put that color in their Links' hair polls). Soon we got a Monster cable in hopes of fixing the color problem, and in hopes of making Pipit not look like a monster, and it worked! everything was A OK. :)

I thought SS was a gorgeous game. Altho I think I still prefer WW aesthetically just a little bit more.

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
I Think The Art Style In SS Was PERFECT! :clap: It Combined The Best Of Both Worlds From TP And WW, And Somewhat Reminded Me Of OOT's Art Style

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom