• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Get a 7?!?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Who's the Ausgamers? Never heard of em. I don't care if they give it a bad review, i'm enjoying every second of it so far!

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Well we've been seeing a few bad reviews in the past. I dont agree with them but I do see their points. However Ausgamers is not a big website so I would not listen to them.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I too think that they had some valid points about things that many gamers might dislike, like the rather empty sky besides Skyloft, the emphasis on fetch quests or the fact that the on-screen centre of a pointing item is always in reference to where the Wiimote just pointed when you called the item (didn't like that either but got somehow used to it after a while).
I also agree that the lack of optional (!) voice acting wasn't the best decision in 2011, as well as the fact that you cannot skip cutscenes, that text is very slow and repetitive (for example that salesman doesn't remind me everytime that I have to equip my items with a slow text box, the potion lady doesn't have to tell me repeatedly that I can upgrade my potions nearby and I also don't need to be told that I've just found my 50th amber relic) and that Fi often states the obvious in situations when she comes out when you didn't call her (there should've just been her symbol flashing in such situations and not a forced interruption of the game). Nintendo should really start to give their gamers more customization options (maybe also a difficulty setting from the start) and not force an advanced, adult Zelda player through the same game experience as a casual 10-year-old with a short attention span who never played a Zelda game before.
Same goes for the technical aspect of the graphics, not the art style itself(!). Yes I know that the Wii isn't HD and I know it has no anti-aliasing, but however some games like SMG (2) still manage to look better, so they must use some tricks to smoothen edges etc., like lower contrast in those areas etc.

But with all those things said, I think they weighted the negative things too much and the many positive aspects too little, in no way does this justify only a 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom