• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword-Exclusive Origins Trailer Analysis

0:11-we see that triforceless wing symbol on the door AGAIN. Could this symbol be the foundation of the triforce? also, the goddess sword seems to be at its weakest stage.

0:21-a barren wasteland with a massive triforce wing along with one of those bird statues. There's a bridge near the triforce symbol thing, so this MUST be the same place where Ghirahim, Link, Zelda, and the Sheikah meet (in the harp trailer as well). The withered tree implies that you have to change time to access new areas. i find odd how the triforce is ABOVE the wings, not in between them.

0:24-so when you hit or activate these certain blue orbs, you seem to change time around the area. Maybe it's a curse that gets deactivated? Notice how the mine cart has no path to go across until you hit the switch, and a bridge and track appears. Along with Bokoboblins. The effect of the switch isn't infinite, however (you can still see the wasteland in the horizon), and it's still pretty early in the game (looking at the shield, sword, and hearts), so we can assume Link has yet to find Zelda.

0:29-again, the switch seems to change time in some way, turning crumbling statues into the laser-statue things. It seems to be a vital factor even in dungeons.

0:34-the gust bellow in action. Apparantly, the switches with closed circles can be whipped, and the ones with open circles (like the one here) can be sucked/blown.

0:40-the scorpion boss. But maybe this time, it might use the sand to its advantage? It could burrow under the sand, or use sandpits to trap Link perhaps. However, it's definitely not a dungeon boss-probably a miniboss.

0:43-very important scene-this is what inspired me to write this article. See Link's shield? it's the wooden one. Remember that. There's a bird statue here too.

0:45-still got the wooden shield. The mysterious figure could be a Sheikah (which is my guess). From the metronome-like way his (hair?) moves, he's probably skilled in magic of some sort.

0:50-THIS is what caught my attention the second time I watched this. Notice how Link's shield changed from the wooden shield to the purple one, and he's holding Zelda's harp. So Link must visit this person more than once. As his sword is still unchanged, I'm guessing Link goes to this room right after his encounter at the bridge.

0:51-a huge rock with a bunch of runes on it. Reminds me of Minish Cap.

0:53-perhaps the rock helps him use the full power of the harp?

0:57-the aerial boss. You have to attack his eyes with the bird, similar to breaking targets. The other things flying around could try to hamper your progress. In any case, it's too damn big to hit with a sword.

1:04-for some reason, Link's got his iron shield back. But this time, he has the Master sword (though I assume it's not at full power). He's probably looking to make it stronger or something.

1:11-from the flinching, this may be Link's first encounter with the water dragon.

1:15-the Hylian shield and the Master sword, though it still looks like it's not at full power. My guess is that he's looking around the temple to upgrade it again.

1:17-pink fire rising out of some statue. It features the triforceless wing emblem AGAIN. Where did the triforce run off to???

1:18-another important scene. Notice how the scabbard is glowing, and that the goddess's sword is different from last time-the guard is distinctly shaped like a wing.

1:21-yes, the sword is glowing. Yes, the sword is changing. But look behind Link and you'll see Din's symbol on the door-the upgrade takes in a dungeon with fire in it. The lanterns are shaped like wings too.

1:23-so the goddess sword becomes the Master...sword? Something doesn't look right. Not only is the hilt short, but the whole sword seems short too. The wing guard is folded up, and there is no triforce on the blade. Definitely not full power yet. Also notice how both the goddess sword and the Master sword have a diamond on the guard, which is curiously on both Ghirahim and Fi. The diamond definitely has something to do with the game-perhaps it's an ancient triforce? It seems to appear in between the wing emblem instead of the triforce.

1:29-Ghirahim makes another flashy appearance, busting down a wall (ooh, bird statue!). He seems to be in a hurry though-he doesn't take his cape off, nor does he try to charge in without his sword. From the harp trailer, we can safely say that Link finds Zelda and the Sheikah, when they're rudely interrupted. Did Ghirahim plan this trap? Did he follow Link around? Or is this simply coincidence?

1:30-Zelda looks worried. Notice on the gear how the triforce is in the centre, and it's surrounded by the three goddess symbols (you can clearly see Farore's symbol). Zelda also seems to have fallen into some weird fashion trend.

1:31-it's a bit fast here, but referring to the harp trailer, you can see that Ghirahim's wall of...diamond fire? ?? is blocking Link from intervening. Ghirahim isn't kidding around this time-boy can he run! Lucky for Zelda, her friend can temporarily block Ghirahim. (I think there's a trailer which shows her barrier breaking though. This would lead to Zelda's kidnap, and Link would have to forge the Master sword to find her again. Just a guess.)

And that's it! If you took the pains to read this, I salute you!

thanks! i just find it annoying how the video keeps switching between shields, though. harder to analyze that way.

Also, just noticed-the harp has the triforceless wing emblem again. Where the hell did the triforce go???

I remember a while ago when people were getting near final copies of the game and posting impressions that an old woman in a cave was mentioned. I bet the woman with the metronome hair is that same lady.

well, i took some screenshots from peculiar clips of this trailer (nothing new to reveal, but intersting points), and this topic is just appropriate...here it goes (not in a chronological sequence):

Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%207.24.31%20PM.png

This cut down tree seen at the Desert area is just TOO similar to one we saw in the "Harp" trailer. Take a look:

Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%207.33.04%20PM.png

And the buildings in the distance (in the upper ss) are very similar too. BUT, this doesn't make much sense... Every single architectural detail in those buildings are Skyloftians. What does this mean?

---

I think everybody caught this one:

Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%207.29.50%20PM.png

Link is so obviously going to use his new upgraded Godess Sword to cut open that door... But where is this place? Look at the candle stick, sort of a bird... Very similar to theses, don't you think?

Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%208.34.52%20PM.png

This place is where Link first meets the Sheikah, supposedly right after the Ghirahim battle in the Skyview temple.
---
This purple flower just caught my attention... it looks like something useful.

Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%208.41.12%20PM.png

---
And wtf is this? Genki dama?
Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%207.27.27%20PM.png

it's all Faron dragon spell? He drowned all the the Kwikis =(
---

So this is the door that Link enter's in the beginning of the game in the sealed grounds? (Link is carrying the original GS and a wooden shield)

Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%207.26.28%20PM.png

This place is AWESOME!
Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%208.44.48%20PM.png

and the weird person in a red robe is the old woman IGN preview/podcast mentioned? Looks like so.

Well I exceded my img upload limit, but if look at it, when Link gets the Lyre he's carrying the hylian shield, so it's later in the game and we'll revisit this place at least once. (oh, 3 of hearts notice that too)

I don't see why Link would have to cut the door open. I just think the door has Din's mark because it is the entrance to the room where Din's fire is located.

A

ArgoX

I think everybody caught this one:

Screen%20Shot%202011-10-28%20at%207.29.50%20PM.png

Link is so obviously going to use his new upgraded Godess Sword to cut open that door... But where is this place? Look at the candle stick, sort of a bird... Very similar to theses, don't you think?

I think that's the door he came in through. It's a small room and that's the only door. It's most likely the final room of the Fire Sanctuary. The second half of the quest will be about going to temples of the goddesses to power up the sword.

First half:
Skyview Temple
Earth Temple
Desert time manipulation temple
Find Zelda

Second half:
Ancient Cistern (Farore's essence)
Fire Sanctuary (Din's essence)
2nd desert area (Nayru's essence)

Final dungeon and boss.

One preview sad that when Link first visits the Sealed Grounds at the beginning of the game he enters a cave and meets an old woman. That scene with the old woman is probably inside that "cave" which is actually a temple that looks very much like the temple of time.

if you look closer the door (looks like it) has some chains on it, like a seal of sorts.

yeah, that GamePro review spoiled the whole **** out of the game...
---
and we might revised the "transformed" areas AFTER we get the MS. Just like we saw Link if the full blown MS arriving at the flooded woods. For the second row of dungeons we visit brand new areas( that we open after clearing Silent Realm version of the previous/old area, so it's not this time that we get the flooded original Faron Woods (for instance).

edit2:
Oh, I'm sory, I messed everything up. The German GamePro review confirms that for us to enter the new areas and dungeons we must accomplish the tests in previous areas etc, so it's not only SilentRealm>NewArea>NewDungeon it's SilentRealm>Backtracking>NewArea>NewDungeon. This makes things heavy...just like the review pointed maybe it's too tiresome.

Last edited:
most of the pictures were the points i mentioned...but nice catch with the purple flower and the genki dama. I'm sure the flowers are used as tools or building material of some sort, similar to how you can upgrade shields with chu jelly. as for the genki dama, i'm giving a guess that it MAY be a beacon. thanks for the pics though-it's much more frustrating to flip between video and text.:yes:

Last edited:
I think that's the door he came in through. It's a small room and that's the only door. It's most likely the final room of the Fire Sanctuary. The second half of the quest will be about going to temples of the goddesses to power up the sword.

First half:
Skyview Temple
Earth Temple
Desert time manipulation temple
Find Zelda

Second half:
Ancient Cistern (Farore's essence)
Fire Sanctuary (Din's essence)
2nd desert area (Nayru's essence)

Final dungeon and boss.

One preview sad that when Link first visits the Sealed Grounds at the beginning of the game he enters a cave and meets an old woman. That scene with the old woman is probably inside that "cave" which is actually a temple that looks very much like the temple of time.

Thanks for clarifying some dungeon order things!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
First off, I just want to add something to what I said before. Since Link has the Hylian Shield and Master Sword when the Faron approached Link, I don't think that's their first time meeting. I'm thinking Link just stepped back because it was so sudden. Link also appears to be in the woods, which is flooded later in the game from what we can tell. And, now that I think about it, I'm right. He first meets Faron when he visits Lake Floria for the first time. This is when Faron is in that round container thing.

Second, Volvagia, anyone?

166932_212170995519304_125038904232514_480475_1703011506_n.jpg

He first meets Faron when he visits Lake Floria for the first time. This is when Faron is in that round container thing.

Hmm. I'm in doubt, I thought that to access the Lake Floria area we would have to pass through the flooded woods AND the flooded Skyview Temple, since it just makes sense to have both areas flooded at the same time... And after you've beaten the original Skyview temple,passed through the Slient Realm, then the 2nd version of Skyview, Lake Floria and Ancient Cistern, what business we'd have left with Faron province if not extra stuff? Would be just annoying to have the area flooded after all the action took place there...But again, that Master Sword just doesn't make sense there, supposedly he would only acquire it after passed through the sixth dungeon, in the "desert".

Well, this doubt makes me feel good in the end. After reading the GamePro review I got sad, thinking I new the entire outline for the main quest... But it looks like the game is not all that predictable after all.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Hmm. I'm in doubt, I thought that to access the Lake Floria area we would have to pass through the flooded woods AND the flooded Skyview Temple, since it just makes sense to have both areas flooded at the same time... And after you've beaten the original Skyview temple,passed through the Slient Realm, then the 2nd version of Skyview, Lake Floria and Ancient Cistern, what business we'd have left with Faron province if not extra stuff? Would be just annoying to have the area flooded after all the action took place there...But again, that Master Sword just doesn't make sense there, supposedly he would only acquire it after passed through the sixth dungeon, in the "desert".

No, Link met Faron for the first time when one of the Parella guided Link to Faron. This screenshot is Link meeting Faron.

faron2.jpg

And, again, Link had the complete design of the Master Sword in that other scene. How's Link going to magically get that for a minute and then not have them?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom