• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword: Elements from PH and ST

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Well, I can't exactly speak for Phantom Hourglass since I have yet to play it, but I wasn't entirely impressed with Spirit Tracks.
There was virtually no overworld exploration due to being confined to the train, towns and "field" areas were pathetically small, and the Spirit Tower, while it was a cool concept and everything, left me fairly unimpressed after going back to it for the fourth time. Controls were pretty glitchy, too, especially using the stylus to run and swing the sword.

I doubt we'll have that issue in SS...Considering the Wii doesn't have a stylus and the motion controls sound pretty awesome thus far. The whip, which was introduced in ST, nicely utilizes the new motion capabilities and was a very good idea to bring back. In fact, I get the feeling that we're going to get, for the most part, a pretty traditional Zelda game in terms of general game play elements with a few minor tweaks to keep it unique and what not.

No. The DS games thus far have been horrible when compared to the rest of the series. Nothing from those games met expectations, and it seemed like all Nintendo cared about was making sure they played with the stylus as much as possible so we'd feel it was "innovative." I really hope they don't do the same thing with SS, especially concerning the motion controls. Yeah, a few items would be okay; we already have the whip. But really, what would you WANT other than that? Because the two DS titles really didn't do anything right besides presenting cool ideas and failing to even make them fun to play with. I honestly hope next to no influence from the DS titles are present. Go off TP; it would be far better that way.

I completely agree with what Vergo said. Nintendo seemed to use the DS titles as something that had to revolve around the Stylus as much as possible, and that in my opinion wasn't that great. It was more like Nintendo seeing how much of a gimmick they could make the game into whilst getting as much money as they could. They just tried to present us with some cool ideas that usually didn't work, especially the vehicles.

I wish for Nintendo to present us a Skyward Sword that takes very little or no inspiration from the DS titles at all, due to that fact that in comparison to the rest of the Zelda series, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were both rather terrible games. Although I will admit that they are great for when you are travelling over a large distince and need something to keep your mind occupied.

I want Skyward Sword to take more inspiration from Twilight Princess and maybe Wind Waker, although I have yet to play the latter game. I think that both games have a lot of things that would be worth seeing again, although hopefully not as a carbon copy of those aspects. It doesn't really matter what game Skyward Sword takes inspiration from though, I will be happy as long as it isn't inspired by the DS titles.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
It would be neat if they put a few train tracks in SS, like at the goron mines or something, just a short section of rail where we can experience the train again. Even a simple mine cart would do in SS, because we dont need a lot of train stuff. and as for water travel I would rather a canoe like in TP or another sail boat like in WW but not one of the PH boats that's for sure. Maybe if they made an area like a bigger lake hylia of a beach like in MM I would really like to see water travel again. However since this game predates OoT I kind of doubt we will see trains. and since hyrule is usually land locked the boat thing might seem pointless unless your fishing or something. I could see river rafting again though, oh how i miss those days spent on the river in TP. if it were up to me I would put 3 of those rivers in SS.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I hope that there is no central dungeon in SS and i think the concepts for the DS titles should stay on the DS, I think SS is going to be something different and a great difference it will be! Also I would like some rails in the Goron Mines that would be awesome.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
wouldnt it be interesting to have a centralized dungeon in a home console? Ph's ocean temple was really hard at some points, i can only imagine the dificulty if its in 3d, i hope there are many side quests like majoras mask

wouldnt it be interesting to have a centralized dungeon in a home console? Ph's ocean temple was really hard at some points, i can only imagine the dificulty if its in 3d, i hope there are many side quests like majoras mask

NO.

The Temple of the Ocean King wasn't that difficult, I doubt it would be very challenging on console either. I do agree with having many sidequests, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom