• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SKYWARD SWORD, EASIEST ZELDA GAME TO DATE?

This is only my second zelda game so the puzzles are pretty challenging for me. I wouldn't say the game is easy but it isn't hard either. I feel it is the perfect difficulty, well for me at least. From what I've played so far though this has to be one of the funnest games I've played.

No, other recent games are definitely lower in difficulty, especially TP and the DS games. SS stepped up the difficulty in combat a lot, so I found it much harder than recent Zelda games.

As far as 100% goes, I did manage around 90%-ish without help. I found all the crystals easily enough (just look around Skyloft for the thought bubbles) and I only missed 3 heart pieces (Gorko's, the one at the back of the Sand Ship, and the mine cart mini-game's).

Puzzle-wise, the game is maybe a bit more difficult, but really not much more. Most Zelda fans are used to how puzzles work and are able to figure them out relatively quickly. I found no puzzle too difficult in this game.

SS is definitely not the easiest Zelda.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I think that it has a medium difficulty level. The puzzles are easy and the sword combat can be hard, I always hurt my wrist when fighting Ghirahim (I still haven't beaten him in the final showdown)

The original poster has obviously never played Twilight Princess (the easiest game in the whole franchise). Everything was familiar in that game, the controls, the enemies and even the bosses. In Skyward Sword everything is different. In Skyward Sword you have to on plan what you're doing before you do it and most of the time you have a split second before you have to react. The new controls were hard for me to get the hang of and even after i got the hang of them, it still fairly difficult to guess where to strike next.

I know my arm hurts after every session because im not one to exercise and sometimes it happens in a boss battle. When i was facing off with Ghirahim for the first time my arm was numb by the time i got done, i was battling him for at least 20 minutes. Facing off with the final boss was no easy task, i had to use 4 heart ++ potions and a guadian potion to survive. I don't even think i'll be able to beat it on Hero mode. In my opinion this is the 2nd hardest Zelda i have ever played (first being the 2nd quest of the original)

N

Nattack110

I only found this game to be easy only because the puzzles were not difficult to me at all... However I did get stuck a couple times throughout the game but none the less I pulled off my goal of beating it before a week after I got it.

Its the easiest game in the series in my opinion. I died once probably, and in my second playthrough I finished it in 23 hours with all heart pieces and most of the goddess cubes and all upgrades.

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
Hmm, well I feel awkward because I thought it was really hard...maybe I just need to sharpen my skills? Of course, I'm little miss "use a walkthrough for 100%" all the time, but this game I banned ZD so I wouldn't do this (I just beat it so now I"m back!). I can agree that Twilight Princess was really easy, and at the beginning of SS I kept just randomly shaking the wii mote...that's probably why I died so much at first.

R

reekfish

Easy?! You thought Lanayru Mines was easy? No way buddy.
On the first dungeon I got stuck where you have to spin the sword in a circle to make the eye dizzy.
Goddess cubes only become easy after beating the REALLY NOT EASY second Ghirahim battle. That was the one boss I needed to use Heart Potion ++ on.

My point is... no. Twilight Princess was easy.

I had to cheat to figure out the Beedle Airshop sidequest and get 80 gratitude crystals.

And Fun Fun Island & shipyard mine cart heart pieces were also NOT easy.

purplelink

Who started saying Big Mood
i think it was hard and easy but the game itself just didnt match up to our expectations because of all the built up hype nintendo gave way to much away in videos and spoilers

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
Ha.... heheh..... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh wait are you being serious? Nope, sorry, this game can't be the easiest as long as Ocarina of Time exists.

Ocarina of time wasnt easy at all!!!:((it wasn't hard, though, it was "medium".) I do think the dungeons were the easiest, but getting to the dungeons was so much harder.

Patch

Party Pooper
<___________< THIS GAME IS SO HARD. Well, some parts harder than others. I've been using ZeldaDungeon's walkthrough since the Eldin Volcano region. Helps me out soooo much.

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
EVERYONE! What i mean is that Skyward Sword is The Easiest Zelda game TO 100%! Yes WW and TP were easy difficulty wise but to 100% them, it was way more challenging than SS. WW and TP had massive overworlds with a lot of sidequests and you didnt have any guide to help you do every single one of those. However, in SS you have dowsing which makes it soooo easy to get everything in the game but as much as i love SS, its overworld is pretty small compared to WW and TP

Twilight Princess is the easiest Zelda game to date, on this issue there can be no debate. Rhymes. I actually found Skyward Sword to be one of the more challenging entries in the series, so you must be a lot better than me. As far as specifically 100 percenting it, I will agree that SS had a lot less secret stuff and most of what it did have was rather easily discovered. I still feel that TP was less difficult to 100 percent without a guide, though. I remember finding the vast majority of the heart pieces without even looking for them, where as in Skyward Sword there was a lot of Goddess Cube hunting that I had to do to find heart pieces.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom