• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword DEFINITE Graphical Down-grade from Twilight Princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not want Zelda games to get any more realistic than they have gotten... To me they should be colorful and a fun fantasy world to play and explore... To me that is being true to Zelda.

When I want to play a gritty fantasy game there are other options.. Like Elders scroll... I love both and I do not think they need to be more like each other. ... I think SS is not a step back graphically more like a step back to what a Zelda game should be.

TPSS.jpg
I think that the SS graphics look much more smooth and colorful than TPs bland, blurry graphics.

TPSS6.jpg
The textures on SS look much less blurry and stretched out than TP.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
I am really not a fan of what I've seen so far of the graphics of Skyward sword. I mean, take Twilight Princess. (The last Zelda game for Wii,) It had a great realistic and detailed look to it. And now I see Skyward Sword, Who's graphics, (By no means terrible,) are cartoony and blurry, rather like WW. And, a bunch of people are really exited about Skyward Sword graphical style. :/

Loving the fact that you say it like its a fact.

Opinions are opinions, a majority prefer the new graphics. In my opinion, SS's graphics are creative and very original.

kaimason1

the Wanderer
The thing is, the graphics don't have to be good, and in fact, I'm grateful that the Wii's graphics suck in comparison to other modern consoles. It means the artists, instead of trying to deal with huge polygon counts and bumpmapping, etc., they can focus on developing a beautiful and innovative art style, as we see in Skyward Sword. I don't think anyone could have thought to use the low render distance to make the game fade into an impressionist painting instead of just the normal fog if they were developing on a high resolution console. Once the Wii U comes out, it will still probably be behind, but they will have had much more experience aiming for art in their graphics, so realism won't be a high priority. Instead, we will get a beautiful game, not a gritty, ugly yet high resolution one. Also, Twilight Princess was worse because it was originally developed for the slightly lower resolution Gamecube and then ported to the Wii, leading to some pretty ugly foggy graphics which got in the way of gameplay because it was more difficult to make out your surroundings.

Overheadzelda

Reviver of threads
Okay, perhaps I should state that I DO plan on buying skyward sword and DO think I'm going to like it more OVERALL than TP. I was simply comparing graphics.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No!no look at the newer trailers, Eldin volcano looks great and so does alot of the newer stuff. The graphics are not blurry they are smooth. Give them a chance.

Overheadzelda

Reviver of threads
I just wish to have seen a BETTER version of the graphical style from TP in SS., Even if the art in SS is "better" overall, it doesn't mean it is better for the Wii then TP was for the Gamecube. I mean, look at Link and Ganondorf in SSBB, After seeing that the Wii can do that, I just find it sad to think that the only "real" zelda game for wii (probably) is in a style I dislike.

I actually think the graphics are better than those from Twilight Princess. Maybe the Skyward Sword graphics aren't as textured to look "realistic", but... so what?

I really think Nintendo did a great job smoothly animating cloth and hair compared to how stiff they looked in Twilight Princess. The color palette is much more vivid versus the dull browns that smothered every texture in Twilight Princess.

One thing I really noticed was, that in the Ghirahim cutscene released shortly after E3 2011, Ghirahim's intricate hand and finger motions. I don't think Nintendo usually takes the time to animate little details such as this very often.

It annoys me when people judge a game by how realistic the graphics are. First of all, the graphics don't have to be realistic to be good; secondly, graphics have nothing to do with the game's inner qualities that are recognized through gameplay, plot, and characters.

Last edited:

geek4887

The Unknown
Come on guys, can't we get along here. It doesn't matter that the graphics are downgraded, or upgraded. The graphics HAVE to be different, because both games have different themes. Twilight Princess was slightly on the dark side, so it required a "dying, rotting" world. Skyward Sword ,however, is NOT a dying rotting world. It's actually brimming with life, and joy. Skyloft is having a ceremony/celebration just before Link was off to his quest. Both graphic styles work for both games, and that's really great. To me, TP and SS art style are tied in first place. But, I like Link's looks in TP than in SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom