• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Continuity Error?

Wrong place for this post? Idk. I made an account just to post this.

So what I noticed is that there's a box/crate thing in Skyloft that changes colour at some point in the game. It's the one that's just east of the stairs to the goddess statue- right next to Piper's house.

At the beginning of the game, it's a regular wooden box, 100% of the time. However, at some point partway through the game, it changes to a purpley-blue colour and starts behaving like a metal box (metal dragging effect, metal sound when you hit it, etc.) It still retains the texture of a normal wooden box, though, which is a little odd all on it's own. I can't imagine any reason for it to change by itself, unless somehow all of skyloft changes at some point. Anyone else notice this crazy tiny detail?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Sounds like a visual glitch which as stirling as SS was isn't as uncommon as you'd think, i still remember being able to swim under the tree in faron only to clip through the ground and free fall to death. That and Ghirahim derping out visually.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I don't remember that one, lol. I just remember some of the more popular issues people found. I actually triggered the walking above Skyloft glitch once. I remember there was a game breaking glitch associated with the Song of the Hero quest.

Update: I checked and it's not just that box that changes colour. It's all of the ones in Skyloft and Lanayru. This leads me to believe all boxes in the game change at some point. Also, they don't actually start functioning as metal boxes, so I guess I was mistaken. It's the same across multiple save files too. I'd like to find out when this change happens because I believe it's a static point.

Sounds like a visual glitch which as stirling as SS was isn't as uncommon as you'd think, i still remember being able to swim under the tree in faron only to clip through the ground and free fall to death. That and Ghirahim derping out visually.
Yeah, thats true. It's probably more of a glitch than a continuity error. It's just interesting that it seems to happen at the same point in every file. Also, no one else had mentioned it.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
SS had difficulty keeping my attention at the best of times so i probs didn't catch this. Will be fascinating to see if anyone else finds this

SS had difficulty keeping my attention at the best of times so i probs didn't catch this. Will be fascinating to see if anyone else finds this

This was my eigth time through the game and I just noticed it. I noticed immediately after revealing the Sky Keep but it could have happened before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom