• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword BGM's

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Are there any BGM's from previous LoZ games you would like to be put in SwS if so what are they.

Mine are Stone Tower(MM) Hyrule Castle(Alttp) Gerudo Desert(OoT) Temple Theme(AoL)

I agree with OP's list, especially the Temple theme from AoL.

My list:
  • Any Wind Waker tracks.
  • The main theme, of course.
  • Market theme, OoT.

I'm sure there is more that I can't think of at the moment, but that's a good start.

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
Every thing the OP had, along with the original theme, Tal Tal Heights (Link's Awakening), maybe the Molgera battle theme (WW), and Saria's song. (OoT)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'd like to hear Gerudo Valley again, but with better sound quality and maybe re-recorded and re-arranged a bit, yeah totally! As long as it wasn't the exact same file used in OoT =) SS deserves its very own soundtrack with lots and lots of original music, but I suppose I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 songs to reappear from previous games, as long as they made a solid effort to differentiate the two tracks from each other.

Link19x

Freak on a leash xp
I would absolutely LOVE the majoras mask's songs :D especially the song of healing x)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The composer for this game [MC] is also a big Zelda fan. He does not want to miss the opportunity to relate key Zelda music elements to key points of gameplay, which will make Zelda fans say "Yes!"
-Hidemaru Fujibayashi, director of SS (and MC)

I look forward to hear how Kondo's going to pull it off this time. The soundtrack should be unique, but there should be nods to common themes.
-Skyloft should incorporate the Kokiri Forest theme only slightly, much like Outset Island did. I feel like this has somehow become "Link's Theme" and is to be expected when he first starts his adventure (though it was not used in any games after WW...)
-The overworld should have an epic, perhaps slightly darker (but not as dark as Termina Field), remix of the classic overworld theme, of course. Or it may be used during flying scenes if there are any.
-I think everyone can agree that the Gerudo Valley is a must. In this case, he should be careful not to stray too far from the original solely for the sake of uniqueness.
-The Lost Woods should be easily recognizable, like they were in TP (as the Sacred Grove).
-He should do something with Kakariko Village to reflect what we know of its history. It may be closed to all but Sheikah at this point in time, so he may want to introduce a new "Sheikah Theme" in the mix.
-Ah, the Hyrule Castle Theme... I absolutely loved the way he brought it back in WW and I think it should be reserved for the epic scene in which Link returns power to the Royal Family.
That's all I can think of now. I'd like a lot of original music, but it would have to have a more defining "feel" than TP or PH had, which may be more difficult to accomplish than it was in ST, in which he had the "train whistle" identity to work with to make really Spirit Tracks-ish music.

Last edited:

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I would love to see the TP Hyrule Field night theme. I also really really hope that if there are any 'crucial' parts of the story, for example after Zant appears, the music should continue ALWAYS, and not go into the battle theme. This was one thing that really made me angry in TP and I hope they fix it in SS.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I'd love to have the Boss Theme from LA back. Lost Woods Theme/Saria's Song and Gerudo Valley are a must, as are the original overworld and title themes. They should also, in my opinion, bring back Skull Kid's theme from MM in some way, shape, or form. Maybe rearranging it enough to make it sound like a completely original song like Outset Island or just a straight up remix.

Also, Dark World theme from ALttP + Full Orchestra = :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I NEED to hear that in a main Zelda game again. Easily one of my favorite songs in the entire series! <3

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
Also, Dark World theme from ALttP + Full Orchestra
This a thousand times. It may be a bit of a short loop by today's standards though, so they could add to it if necessary.

They did that to another ALTTP track. The theme that plays in Dark Mountain and Skull Woods was extended in FSA.
[video=youtube;v0cWFIVJdys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0cWFIVJdys[/video]
That's another one I'd like to see.

I also kind of want the LA/OoS/OoA rendition of the main overworld theme.
[video=youtube;LBLKAwAql44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBLKAwAql44&feature=related[/video]
[video=youtube;MpcVLG9Uzpc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpcVLG9Uzpc[/video]

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would love to see the TP Hyrule Field night theme. I also really really hope that if there are any 'crucial' parts of the story, for example after Zant appears, the music should continue ALWAYS, and not go into the battle theme. This was one thing that really made me angry in TP and I hope they fix it in SS.

I could not agree more. I loved that soundtrack. Uh, you're talking about the one when Midna's gravely wounded and you have to carry her to Zelda as Wolf Link, right? If so, then I agree completely.

Also, I think that soundtrack was called "Midna's Lament". Either way, that one's in my top three favorites, right up there with Saria's Song and the final battle theme against the Dark Beast Ganon in OoT.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
That's one of them, but there's also a very cool song when you are in Hyrule field any time at night. It just adds to the mood so much.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I would like to hear the Dark World and Hyrule Castle theme from Alttp orchestrated. Another thing that I would like is Skylofts theme to be a rendation of the Kokiri Forest music like Locke said it is kind of like Link's beginning theme. I would also like the original overworld song to be remixed and put into the overworld. Another thing I would like is Skull Kids theme to be totally rendered so it sounds like a totally new song. One last song I would like is the Deku Palace theme.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would really like it if they made the ALttP Hyrule Castle theme for Hyrule Castle in some shape or form, assuming there will be one. For the overworld, I'm fine if they make a new theme. I would like to see the Temple theme from AoL come back, as well as the Gerudo Desert theme. The boss theme from ALttP redone would also be a good addition, imo. Dark World from ALttP would help the game a lot, seeing that many fans liked that theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom