• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Awful Controls

Cannot beat the final boss scene as the controls are too wonky to return the spinning disc back. I can hit it once or twice back but most times the controller is not registered or hits the disc obliquely. What a ******** control scheme that mainly just results in spastically waving the controller for the entire game only to be completely halted because then finesse in the control scheme becomes essential to beating the final boss.

I do not see why people gave this game a 10 out of 10 or 9 out of 10. At best this game deserved a 5 out of 10 mainly for the god awful controls but also for the incomplete feel of some areas of the game and the disjointed connection or flow between the story line. The only thing redeeming was some of the music was fantastic. Some music was bad too. Just doesn't seem like Nintendo put as much time/effort into this game as past games.

Good thing Nintendo ditched these stupid controls!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Had a fair few problems with controls, most of the time due to the game not thinking i was aiming where is bloody aiming, or the harp just spazzing out with a light flick and i mean proper spazzing out, worst issue i've had is non responsiveness, full batteries in the wii-mote and just nothing, sensor bar was the right distance and plugged in just nothing. I've had the movement input not being read when using the thumbstick had it randomly lock onto bokoblins and then i wasn't able to attack or i'd have link trying to attack freaking walls.

It was really hit or miss with whether it'd run fine or not, so it's all well n good for others to say "it worked fine" or "ok" but some people have had genuine problems with the controls.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Cannot beat the final boss scene as the controls are too wonky to return the spinning disc back. I can hit it once or twice back but most times the controller is not registered or hits the disc obliquely. What a ******** control scheme that mainly just results in spastically waving the controller for the entire game only to be completely halted because then finesse in the control scheme becomes essential to beating the final boss.

I do not see why people gave this game a 10 out of 10 or 9 out of 10. At best this game deserved a 5 out of 10 mainly for the god awful controls but also for the incomplete feel of some areas of the game and the disjointed connection or flow between the story line. The only thing redeeming was some of the music was fantastic. Some music was bad too. Just doesn't seem like Nintendo put as much time/effort into this game as past games.

Good thing Nintendo ditched these stupid controls!

Skyward Sword was legitimately the only Zelda game I have played and didn't like (I have not played the CDI games though). What's sad is that this game was basically the Zelda origin story, so that means we are not going to get an origin story with a sensical story or good characters until a reboot. If Nintendo wanted to use motion controls, they should have just stuck with the Twilight Princess controls (which did not use the Wii motion plus).

4.5/10, bad controls, characters, story, and graphics but at least it's Zelda.

Just tried to do that stupid harp minigame and can't do play it correctly for the life of me as the wii mote doesn't track accurately enough/ fast enough to keep up with the swaying of the two guys in front. Stupid stupid game with stupid controls!

I even watched a youtube video on the minigame and the player is able to move the harp very fast which is impossible as far as what I can make the controls do.

Is there a way to manually manipulate the harp without the stupid wii mote?>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom