• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword: Awesome Game Expect for Over Use of Fi?

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I was playing skyward sword...for the third time, and I love the game so much but Fi is used too much I really think that she walks you through the entire game, one example is when you here the mogmas talk about the key to the Earth Temple after they leave Fi jumps out say " master, upon hearing the mogma's conversation I can identify that you must find the key shards." or something like that but it's like they over use her. I honest believe that she is worst than navi, when you get the slingshot she goes on about how to use it and it's usefulness, well thanks bunch Fi, I love skyward sword it's really a good game worth my money. Any one else thing that fi is kinda over used? she's a good character but she holds your hand in the game.

The last sentence in your opening post encapsulates things perfectly. I'll admit that I have a grudge against her for being so annoying (don't listen to the naysayers-Navi FTW!). Also, I felt that she sometimes provided Link with too much information. This coupled with the dowsing mechanic decreased the difficulty of the game too much. As you mentioned, however, in terms of connecting together bits and pieces of other games' stories, Fi was an excellent companion. While watching a video of the Ganon fight from Ocarina of Time (yes, that battle is so epic and I watch it over and over again in my free time), there was a top rated comment that caught my eye. Someone mentioned that when Link slayed the beast and sealed him away in the Sacred Realm, it was Fi who was by his side ensuring the victory. That post truly made me smile. Skyward Sword was definitely more story heavy than most installments except maybe Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess but that was certainly for the better. Oh and one last thing: Fi's theme is indeed amazing in its tranquility-should be a baby's lullaby.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Well yes the game did hold your hand the entire way through.
But think about it.
Almost EVERY companion of Link's states the obvious.
Fi was used a lot, because she was very important.
Navi: Not so-so important.

I didn't find her that annoying, but she was very useful at times.
So I don't think she was in a sense "Over-used".

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I liked Fi through and through. I didn't realize she was annoying to some, until I joined this forum. Everyone I know that has played it like her too. I didn't find Navi that annoying either though. I guess Fi's low heart warning was a bit annoying...

She was slightly over used but i still thought she was awesome. See when she does a dance cut scene so far am just like....awww thats nice

I never found Navi annoying. Fi just pops out to tell you things you were just told by someone else, or to tell you really obvious things (low hearts), and she talks reaaaallyyyy slooowwlyyyy.

Fi is worse than Navi. Simply because you could choose to talk to Navi when you wanted to, and Fi just jumps out and says "Megaman Megaman... blah blah blah". I feel like she interrupted too much game play with her forced tutorials. I wish there was a way to turn her off.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I really hate Fi for being so annoying, but some people might have some difficulties figuring out what to do. Fi does kind of walk you through the game, but in some difficult parts she might come in handy.

Yeah, she was a bit too talkative, especially noticeable on a second playthrough. My brother keeps saying Zelda games nowadays talk to you too much.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
She talks a little too much I would have to say. In the beggining she is Captain Obvious and torwards the end she just tell you almost everything. I think that she helped you a little too much. But I wouldn't say over used.

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
Fi was definetly overused. She pointed out things that you had been told before, like when she asks you if you need to hear about dowsing again. By this point I had gotten the hang of it, and was rather annoyed by her interuption. She gave you constant instructions on things that, even if you didn't know how to do them, you could probably figure out on your own. Sometimes she talks slowly as if it will help you understand more of what she's trying to tell you. But she is only doing what she is meant to do, guide you on your quest. Perhaps Fi could only instruct you on what to do if someone (like the Mogmas) hasn't come and stated your objective, or if a puzzle has confused you for a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom