• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Art Style Medium Between WW and TP

People often say Skyward Sword is a combination of TP and WW art styles but the never say what it that combination is, I personally think skyward swords has WW magnificent color scheme but not its simplicity and it has TP model designs but it does not look wash out in color or suffer from sloppy textures. Skyward sword brings some of its own its impressionistic style brings life to the many environments in the game however, the character models aren't as detailed as they are in TP yet in SS they have less polygons and everything is rendered 3D. What do you think SS draws from both WW and TP art styles?

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Ehh? I'm pretty sure the models in SS have more polygons than in TP.

I think SS looks like a watercolor painting of the first three games of the series.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I'm pretty sure they don't. The graphics flow very smoothly together due to the Cel-shade style and the edges are quite remarkably round for the Wii.

I'm talking about enemy and not character models. The character models look recycled from TP or look like they easily belong in that game, but the enemies don't look as dated.

I think that the direction they were going with this was something that they could make things look intimidating and epic while at the same time leaving an option for things to be kinda silly and light hearted.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
To me, this game looks like a 3D Link to the Past. You can't deny Link to the Past was a cartoony game, and it was intentional. This seems like it is taking the cartoony style of Link to the Past and making it 4x as epic. It is the best Zelda has ever looked in my opinion.

Link to the Past looked epic, This game looks even more epic.

But yeah, this game does have a mix of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, but I reckon it has a bit of ALTTP in there to. The best of both worlds.

It has the charm of Wind Waker and Link to the Past and it has the realism of Twilight Princess. Nice combo.

I don't think so... It just seems to hold so much more than A Link to the Past, story and emotional wise. Plus given the bird and all the features found in SS it's just too much to compare it to ALttP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom