• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Armor?

In Ocarina of time, we got the green, red, and blue tunics from the kokiri, gorons and zora respectively. in twilight princess, we got zora armor. the zora armor was more than just a lue tunic. it came with flippers, a headpiece, etc. wouldn't it be sweet to get kokiri and goron armor as well? for instance the goron armor could give you strength and have big gauntlets or something, and the kokiri/deku armor could have, oh i dont know, maybe you could fly or something like in majoras mask.

what do you think would be cool in other types of armors?

PS maybe we could get magic armor that doesnt use ALL OUR RUPEES :P

the goron and deku armor sounds a lot like the masks from MM...I do like the idea of tunic colors though, I remember when I first saw the cover for Four Swords (not knowing what the game was about) I was thrilled to see so many different colors. No offense to Four Swords but that didn't play out the way I wanted it to. Hopefully we get more options than the typical green tunic (playing WW second quest was a breath of fresh air after having the same clothes for the whole game...)

yeah thats what i was kinda goin for with this idea, not to actually turn into those races but to just resemble their abilities and appearance slightly, with a suit of armor made for hylians (link).

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'd like to see a silver set of armor on Link, or would that make him to much the knight in shining armor? Not that I mind but it is a little cliche, try and image a set of silver armor that isen't so cliche. Like a silver version of Zelda's shoulder guards in TP with a male breast plate, silver grieves and matching leggings. The armor would have some sort of negative side effect, Like decreased offense for increased defence, or something like that. oh and he would take off his cap while wearing the armor, with no helm. I'd like it if we got to see his hair a little more. Then again Link's hair in SS looks worse than it did it TP, so maybe that wouldn't be such a great idea.

I don't care about hair but okay...

Any race armor would be really a repetition of MM, sort of at least to my opinion. (and OoT in technical terms too)

Since it's a prequel, it's gotta be somewhat predictable. I'm not sure if they can throw out a brand new armor and say it somehow vanished from existence

Though I really enjoy the theory of the "Knight Like" appearance. That'd be completely new! Link can have decreased mobility and possibly use it to face Darknuts!!!

Djinn

and Tonic
I have always been a fan of the Blue tunic for water and the Red tunic for fire. But while we are dreaming.

How about actual armor Link can put on that resembles knight's armor somewhat. Not a complete suit that makes him look like he is completely covered. Maybe something like and extra cuirass and tassets that give him that little extra protection against physical attacks.
IMG_1431-1_thumb.JPG

The downside being that the metal conducting things like electricity leaves him more vulnerable to magic attacks. So any magical attack will actually do more damage to Link than if he were wearing the normal green tunic. Giving players a reason to want to remove the armor and only use it when necessary.

And to go with that, return the magic armor. But have it only protect against magic. But since the armor is weak to physical attacks Link would take more damage from physical attacks wearing it than if he were wearing the green tunic. But protection from magical attacks are doubled. This might include dangerous areas or traps.

I don't care about hair but okay...

Any race armor would be really a repetition of MM, sort of at least to my opinion. (and OoT in technical terms too)

Since it's a prequel, it's gotta be somewhat predictable. I'm not sure if they can throw out a brand new armor and say it somehow vanished from existence

Though I really enjoy the theory of the "Knight Like" appearance. That'd be completely new! Link can have decreased mobility and possibly use it to face Darknuts!!!

hm... you have a good point there, i never took that into consideration.. but maybe it could be specially found in Skyloft, assuming the other races of Hyrule know about and have connections to Skyloft. who knows. i just think it would be cool :)

C

Connor

I personally think that black and/or white armour would look great. I haven't put much thought into this apart from the fact that it would look good, maybe I'll come up with something.

4d25b1088bc03.jpg

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I'm definitely hoping for some impressive, stylized tunics in this game. One of my favorite design elements in TP was the alternative armor, and how they were each very different from each other, rather than just being different colors. Even though SS doesn't look like it will be as intensely detailed as TP, I'd really like to see a revamp of the red tunic (I dunno about race tunics), but maybe some totally new concepts; armor/tunics we haven't seen before, some required, some optional, upgrades perhaps?.. some that have pros and cons as mentioned before. I think we'll be getting at the very least some different colors

I'm not completely sure about this and I'll have to look up the source, but I recall Miyamoto talking about the new menu system, and saying something like:
"The new menu makes it easier to change between different items and clothes".
If this is true, we'll have at least different tunics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom