• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyward Sword - Another Split in the Timeline? (SS Ending, Read at Your Own Risk!)

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
There is always a possibility that my theory is false, but this timeline split could work differently than OoT one.

We have one world at the beginning and two at the end. Link goes to the past in order to change the future and create another "present" world. He goes to that world at the end. But it's still interesting what happened in the "original" present world after Skyward Sword.

Also, I found another thing - placement of the Triforce at the end of SS (in the "new" present world) is questionable - that's definetely not the Sacred Realm.

EDIT:
Some timilines created by various users have their own names. I found brand new name for mine - "Skyward Split" Timeline

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
We have one world at the beginning and two at the end. Link goes to the past in order to change the future and create another "present" world. He goes to that world at the end. But it's still interesting what happened in the "original" present world after Skyward Sword.

No, there's only one world at the end. Sure, there was the World of the Past to go back to, but everything done there affected the time Link and Zelda exist in. It's still on one timeline at that point because it was "real" time travel, so there's no split there (unless Nintendo does something crazy later, which I doubt they will). It's not like the Dark World or the Twilight Realm (or Silent Realm, for that matter).

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
It would be so much easier with a second split ~sighs~ although a cheap way out, but so much easier. FSS/alttp is such a mess! If they ever do go out of their way to get some firm placement of these 4 games, its going to be so sketchy and confusing.

D

dracomousesin

I really dont know how to reply to you anymore because im not sure we agree on the same timeline theories and this conversation could get to deep. I mean, nintendo has released 16 games over 25 years and you want them to cover 100s of 100s of generations/thousands upon thousands of years?? Also, why are you bringing up 5 ganons? I thought it was common agreement there is 1, and possibly 2 because of FSS, but if timeline splits at SS there is no doubt only 1 ganon which would explain why his name is ganon lol.

He said an INCARNATION of MY hatred, im not sure how much more proof i can provide after showing you the actual definition of incarnation. Did you read it?

actually this is interesting but instead of it being ganon or any other villain for that mater have a look at were they are fighting a cloudy back round with a water mirror floor link always seems to fight a cretin being in this type of place to be more specific dark link who i put forth to you as being the manifestation of demises "curse"

D

DudeSonic1

I don't believe that there is a timeline split, but if there is one, I don't think that one of the timelines will ever be shown.
In the "past" timeline, Link kills Demise, Demise curses Link+Zelda, and now we have Ganondorf.
In the "present" timeline, Link crushes Demise (at the time called "The Imprisoned") There was no curse, therefore no Ganondorf. That side of the timeline will experience complete peace.

However, I think that there is only one timeline, in which case killing Demise in the past would have made it so dropping the Isle of the Goddess didn't really have any purpose, because Demise would have already been dead. Either way, Demise would be dead in the present, so no real change.

Either way, there is only one timeline in which case anything ever happens.
(until OoT happens and splits it) So really OoT is the only game whose timeline slplit means anything.

EDIT: Technically Majora's Mask creates hundreds of timelines, not that anyone survived those ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
Also, there is room for a game before this that tells of the Demon King (ahem Akuma XP ) and there's also room after this for another story before OoT that would elaborate on Ganon's origins.
We all know Ganondorf was a Garoudo King that was evil and wnted to take over the world, what else is thear to know??

I had a big thing that x-plande how all of time worked and why all of this could be true but for some reazun it didn't post.:(:suspicious::dry:

Last edited:
I think it's different because your supposed split occurs due to Link traveling back in time, then returning to the present, which is the opposite of Ocarina of Time, as he goes in to the future and then back to the present. As pointed out somewhere else, if Oracle of Ages revolves entirely around time travel, then wouldn't that have created an additional timeline as well?

The only reason I see for why ALttP would take place after FSA is that Ganon has the timeline. Wasn't he sealed in the Four Sword at the end of FSA? I know the series has contradicted itself in the past, but I doubt that FSA is before ALttP, although it would explain the Palace of the Four Swords if that's even canon. However, the biggest whole in your theory is that Phantom Ganon in OoT had the trident as well, which actually resembles the FSA trident more than the ALttP trident resembles either of them.

There's no need for another prequel to OoT or further explanation of Ganon's origins. Both are taken care of perfectly

I despise the idea that Vaati was around before Ganondorf, so a prequel set before The Minish Cap would be acceptable, and it would be nice to see how exactly the Kingdom of Hyrule was formed.

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
If my time line is corect (and I not saying it is,) all of four swords happens in the same demntion as majora's mask just befour. But lets get back to the point, if all the points in the Zelda Time Line that may have made a split did make a split in the time line than every game would be in a new split. Sorry but the only ones that make sense is the one in ocaina of time and the 100s of ones in Major's Mask. (the min. in MM is 3-5)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I don't think that there was a split. I believe that everything that occured in Skyward Sword was all suppossed to happen. When Link travelled to the world of the Past, there was no Sealing Spike. Link defeated Demise, but Demise didn't die. I think maybe most of Demise's power was sealed within the Master Sword and the Sealing Spike was created. About 1000 years later or so, Link used the Triforce and crushed Demise.

The ending also creates a paradox. If impa destroyed the gate at the Temple of Hylia in the past, it wouldn't be there for link to activate in the future!

I think that a new one was created or something.

Last edited:

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Since just about everyone agrees with you, I might be understanding you wrong, but... another split in the timeline doesn't make sense. Link travel to Skyward Sword's past, just after the war with Demise. when Link stuck the Master Sword in the pedestal, he stuck it there in SS's past. So when he got back to the present the Master Sword was still there because he stuck it there in the past. Because of that the Master Sword must've aged many years before the present. Link didn't stick the master Sword in the pedestal both in the past and the present that wouldn't have made sense.

Like I said, I'm probably understanding wrong. so..yeah..

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
The timeline oot doesnt make sense because there are monsters in the other games.

Since it's based on the Temple of Time, and no person is specifically sending Link somewhere in time, then no, not split is created. The only reason a split was created in OoT was because somebody (Zelda) from the present, or destroyed Hyrule, sent Link to the past. So, Zelda's timeline still exists because it does not depend on Link, but Link creates a new timeline by taking different actions. This hasn't, and probably won't happen, in any other situation in the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom