• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloftians=Jews and Hylians=Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I noticed that the Skyloftians worship one goddess. Just like the Jews only worship one God. The Hylians worship Din,Nayru, and Farore. Since they are one in the same (sort of) would that make the Hylians like Christians? Your thoughts?

I'm not completely sure about this. Judaism is indeed a monotheistic religion, however, the Jews believe the Messiah has yet to come. There is lack of any solid evidence in Skyward Sword implying the Skyloftians are awaiting some sort of savior.

Also, given the nature of various religious references throughout franchise history, I don't doubt that there may be some reference to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit Trinity at the heart of Christianity. Din, Nayru, and Farore, however, do not fit that description too well.

Also, I'm thinking this is more of a Zelda Theory type thread.

I really don't think Nintendo was going for this at all. And me personally, I see no connection other then the vague one you mentioned about the one goddess. Even that doesn't justify them being associated with Jews because a host of religions only believe in one God.

I also think the appropriateness of this thread is questionable.

Well if you think about it Zelda is kinda like Jesus because they are both a deity in human form. The difference is that Zelda Seals Demise by sleeping and Jesus sealed sin by dying on the cross. Zelda took a thousand years and Jesus took 3 hours.

kafigalo said:
Well if you think about it Zelda is kinda like Jesus because they are both a deity in human form.

In Skyward Sword specifically, I don't believe Zelda is anywhere near a deity.

kafigalo said:
The difference is that Zelda Seals Demise by sleeping and Jesus sealed sin by dying on the cross.

I've got to give it to you that this is interesting, however.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
You act like Christians are polytheists...

Eh, I don't think Nintendo was after this. The golden goddesses were still around and were mentioned by name. Hylia was just the one that saved them in the past, so it makes sense for them to worship her and then learn about the golden goddesses later.

C

Chase

OP, I don't think you know enough about SS, or religion for that matter, to make such a topic.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I think this is a bit ridiculous since their are more religions in which only one God is worshipped. And I don't know what you mean by Christians but Christians worship also only one God. Or at lost most christian religions do. Their are so many parts of Christianity. Correct me if I am wrong here. Your theory doesn't make sense to me. I don't think Nintendo ment to make the Zelda games a religious content.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Both Christianity and Judaism are monotheistic religions. Most sects of Christianity believe God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit to be one, not separate entities. I think it's safe to say Nintendo was not aiming for this when designing the game.

There's not much room for discussion here so I'll be closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom