• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloft

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
At E3 we were told that Link was born and raised in a place called Skyloft, and that it was a city in the sky. I know that there are many more threads contemplating the fact that the City in the sky in TP could be Skyloft but a little bit different. This thread is an arguement against those opinions and I will state some obvious reasons why the city in the sky can't be Skyloft. One reason it that when you look at the city in the sky you can see the obvious mechanics keeping it up in the air, all the machinery is visible and a main way of getting around there is clawshotting on the fans. In the SS trailer you see that Skyloft is a floating hunk of rock, the city in the sky is clearly not. Secondly the city in the sky is inhabited by the Occou (Spelling?) while Skyloft is inhabited bu what look like Hylians (Link being the only example). Thirdly and this is a very little difference the city in the sky doesn't move, while in the SS trailer Skyloft appeared to be moving in the trailer. A fourth point is that Skyloft is a very lush, very green forested environment, while the city in the sky is a huge mesh of fanse a buildings. My fifth and final point is that Nintendo have stated that there will be dungeons in Skyloft, and the city in the sky can't possibly be Skyloft because it it much, much smaller than Skyloft. These are my facts that I have thought long about and if you have any arguements or any other points stating that these two areas aren't one and the same please leave them in the comments below and I'll respond as swiftly as possible.

In a Bizzle Bras:cool:

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
I say that they are the same thing because there a few towers you never go in the City of the sky so maybe there where more houses and a large tree stump(because I dont see the tree in the artwork of Skyloft in the City in the Sky so it will most likey be burned/chopped down)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I say that they are the same thing because there a few towers you never go in the City of the sky so maybe there where more houses and a large tree stump(because I dont see the tree in the artwork of Skyloft in the City in the Sky so it will most likey be burned/chopped down)

How can you say they are the same thing when we haven't actually truly seen Skyloft yet? I understand predicting they will be, but saying that they are before we don't know?

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
Sorry. It was just a predition but it might be true. I know we dont know right now, but hopefully we will get more info at E3

Wow, uhm, first of all, Skyloft is not a city. It's an entire land, made up of several floating islands.
Why does everyone keep thinking it's just a city, when it has been openly stated that it's a whole CONTINENT?!
So that means it's ;
A: Very big, bigger than the CitS.
B: (Probably) land, rock, earth, so no mechanical stuff. This is supported by the statement by Aonuma that the 'land below' and Skyloft were once one land, and have been seperated. Therefore Skyloft must consist of floating pieces of land.

PS. Skyloft has not been seen yet. I think you're confusing the demo area for Skyloft, which is wrong.
The demo area has been confirmed to be in the 'land below', and will be changed and seperated in the final game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Wow, uhm, first of all, Skyloft is not a city. It's an entire land, made up of several floating islands.
Why does everyone keep thinking it's just a city, when it has been openly stated that it's a whole CONTINENT?!
So that means it's ;
A: Very big, bigger than the CitS.
B: (Probably) land, rock, earth, so no mechanical stuff. This is supported by the statement by Aonuma that the 'land below' and Skyloft were once one land, and have been seperated. Therefore Skyloft must consist of floating pieces of land.

PS. Skyloft has not been seen yet. I think you're confusing the demo area for Skyloft, which is wrong.
The demo area has been confirmed to be in the 'land below', and will be changed and seperated in the final game.

When was "several floating islands" ever stated? It wasn't. That's actually more accurate to the City in the Sky. It was stated that Skyloft was once part of Hyrule, but nothing along the sort of it being a continent and being several islands was ever remotely stated.

When was "several floating islands" ever stated? It wasn't. That's actually more accurate to the City in the Sky. It was stated that Skyloft was once part of Hyrule, but nothing along the sort of it being a continent and being several islands was ever remotely stated.

This is actually not the interview I was looking for, but it's implied here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIGfq9vGfJM

I'm looking for the source right now.

Yeah it's all speculative right now, as we have yet to really see Skyloft. If The City in the Sky is part of Skyloft, then that would imply that Skyloft is the main land. Which, in turn, would further imply it being a floating continent or a similar land form (island?).

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Thirdly and this is a very little difference the city in the sky doesn't move, while in the SS trailer Skyloft appeared to be moving in the trailer.

You mean with Trailer, the GDC Trailer?
I've watched this Trailer again and again the last weeks, but I don't see a moving Skyloft. I mean, you didn't see anything of Skyloft. It's a secret to everyone ;)
Yet to be revealed by the final game (or maybe the E3).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom