• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloft Vs. Hyrule

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
So, in Skyward Sword we know there will be two lands, the skyloft, and Hyrule, but how will we use both the locations? Will we switch back and forth constantly, or will the game be focused in one or another? Tell us what you think!

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Hmmmmm. Well I say it would switch around. Like as in where he story is at the moment. Kinda like MM in a way.

Young Link

Grasshopper
I think we will be able to go back and forth. It might be two huge lands we can explore. One in the sky and one down below. And I think they did say you could go back and forth using the Skyward Sword. But I might be wrong.

W

wildturkey

i think it will be like alttp dark world to light world switching, except not quite so frequent.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I think all the temples will be in Hyrule and every time you complete a dungeon you go back to Skyloft for something. I have a feeling the last dungeon will be on Skyloft.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
With all this new stuff in the trailer, I say we'll be going back and forth. Maybe not, but I do believe there will be a dungeon in Skyloft. The one shown in the trailer seems like it would be there. I think we'll spend most our time in Hyrule, but I don't see why we wouldn't be able to go back to Skyloft, as the Skyward Sword is the means to travel between the lands.

I tend to think of the the relation between Skyloft and Hyrule to be somewhat like that of the Light Realm and the Twilight Realm. In otherwords, as the game progresses, you visit Skyloft less and less. I do hope thats not the case, though.

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
All that we've seen of the skyloft so far (besides the possible dungeon) is an empty plain where link jumps off a cliff into hyrule. Does that mean it won't have much significance, or is Nintendo just making us wait?

i think hyrule would be best cause all zelda fans are use to that....but if your one that likes change then you would deffinatly like sky loft i mean who wouldnt....but if you are a player of many ways and just enjoy zelda all together then you will love the new loz ss cause you will obviously need to travel back and forth between sky loft and hyrule

A common gameplay trait in some of the more recent games has been to have a 1st Half of the game (several dungeons), then a major event/turning point, then the 2nd Half of the game (several more dungeons).

Examples of this include OoT (gather spiritual stones, get MS and wait 7 yrs, awaken sages), WW (gather pearls, get MS and find Hyrule, restore MS power and gather triforce), and TP (gather light spirits, get MS, gather mirror shards).

I'm hoping that they DO NOT use Skyloft/Hyrule in this way....meaning, I hope that the first half of the game IS NOT in Skyloft where you defeat a couple of dungeon, followed by changing the Skyward Sword into the MS, and then going down to Hyrule for the 2nd Half of the game and defeating a few more dungeons.

I hope they come up with something much more clever and interesting than that for this game. That outline has been a bit overplayed at this point.

i agree with bamalynx.....nintendo has over used that a bit....but i think that it is gonna be different this time i am hoping for actually starting off in skyloft and maybe somethin happening causing link to have to leave momentarily....after we have the sword from therre then maybe going to hyrule and beating huh 7 or 8 dungeons then a few templesi do not want there to be another main battle like with zant in tp...but after we go to hyrule and beat the dungeons and temples we create a passage way back to skyloft and that is where the main battle will take place...im also hoping for harder battles and dungeons

According to Aonuma Link will be traveling back and forth between Skyloft and Hyrule throughout the entire game, starting in Skyloft.
So I expect Skyloft to be at least as big as Hyrule, as it's as least as important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom