• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloft, Termina, Twilight Realm One Hit Wonders?

I was wondering if anyone thought that skyloft like termina,subrosia,Labryna are one hit wonders or do you think that we will see these locations again? do you think we will see another game where skyloft is restored to the "world below" or where we see termina again simply because I think a lot more things could be done with these locations not to say that they weren't beautifully crafted in their original incarnations? Thoughts,comments?

Well I can't say the Twilight Realm was a hit wonder especially when it was the most barren and empty place of the Zelda universe. Personally it has potential to be just as a good as Termina and Skyloft it just needed a better design and have more of a purpose. Maybe in a new Zelda game the Twilight Realm could return eventually and this is the opportunity Nintendo would need to develop it as an actual realm and not just an empty void.

I have questions to any one was is it ever explained in TP why the Twilight Realm was so empty and barren? Is its assumed that place became empty and barren because of Gannondorf and Zant's power that ruined the realm?

MW7

I'd say it's fair to call them one hit wonders. I'm guessing Nintendo will be going back to Hyrule for the next game. There is always the possibility of a direct sequel to one of those games though. I'd love to see Termina again personally. Also there are always references to other games so places aren't always completely forgotten, and Hyrule inexplicably evolves from game to game. For instance in OOT there wasn't a snow area, but in TP there was Snowpeak. It's odd how they avoided using the name Snowhead again which was the name of the snow area in MM.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The only one I see making any comeback is the twilight realm. This is a slim possibility. Aounuma said if enough voices are heard wanting midna back then those voices will not be denied. The twilight would have to come back if this ever happened.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I was wondering if anyone thought that skyloft like termina,subrosia,Labryna are one hit wonders or do you think that we will see these locations again? do you think we will see another game where skyloft is restored to the "world below" or where we see termina again simply because I think a lot more things could be done with these locations not to say that they weren't beautifully crafted in their original incarnations? Thoughts,comments?

You forgot Holodrum :P

I'm sure we might see these lands again, Labrynna and Holodrum from the Oracle series were found through way of the Triforce. Koholint Island from Link's Awakening was a simple dream thought up by the Wind Fish. Termina was found through the supposed Lost Woods, and the "Other" Great Sea from Phantom Hourglass was also just a dream.

There're alot of games where its a dream, or an alternate dimension, but usually it's still Hyrule... Or New Hyrule like in Spirit Tracks.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I dearly hope we see Termina again, without it being doomed to a horrible time mechanic. (i.e. Majora's Mask untimed version)
Skyloft is fun, it would be cool to see again, but there's not enough other islands.
I disliked the Twilight Realm. I doubt we'll ever see it again.

The only one I actually miss is the only one that can't come back. Poor Koholint Island. :(
I guess maybe if Link gets bonked on the head and dreams about it again (or in the Japanese version, dies and ends up there). I guess I'm more attached to it because you actually see it fade away. All the others are still there to possibly be revisited.

I'd say it's fair to call them one hit wonders. I'm guessing Nintendo will be going back to Hyrule for the next game. There is always the possibility of a direct sequel to one of those games though. I'd love to see Termina again personally. Also there are always references to other games so places aren't always completely forgotten, and Hyrule inexplicably evolves from game to game. For instance in OOT there wasn't a snow area, but in TP there was Snowpeak. It's odd how they avoided using the name Snowhead again which was the name of the snow area in MM.

Well it has to be named something different it's a different land. Nintendo does like to leave open their possibilities for sequels and I think sometime down the road we will see a sequel to MM it was very popular and I think most enjoyed the directness of the four areas. I also think we will see the ocean and sailing again (Lanayru Sand Sea does not count) because I think everyone can agree that was a great concept, to have a vast sea covering the land of Hyrule, with a plethora of islands to explore and investigate.

This being said, I do not agree that it is fair to say that these areas are one hit wonders..... yet.

Unless we get a straight sequel/prequel to Skyward Sword I don't think we will see Skyloft again. I still think that the city in the sky in Twilight Princess is what Skyloft has become over the thousands and thousands of years that separates them. However we probably will see Skyloft again and Skyward Sword may even get a trilogy much like Wind Waker since the graphics will be easy to replicate on a future handheld again like wind Waker. I think Nintendo thought of this idea which is why SS didn't answer as many questions as we wanted it to. I always thought the graphics of Skyward Sword were unnecessary since the Wii could run Twilight Princess with no problems at all... and the Wii is more powerful than the Gamecube, though not by that much... it still could have done it.

Back to topic though I think we will see the Twilight Realm again more than anything else, there is potential for a massive story between MM and TP to reveal where the whole realm came from or we could even get that in a sequel to TP, i dont think many other AT stories could be told without the Twilight coming back, but Nintendo don't seem to like the AT timeline since there are only really 2 games after the split of OoT (in my opinion anyway) which are MM and TP...

After seeing the gate of time in the sealed grounds in SS i think its more likely that the Twilight realm will come back because the design felt very similar...

Last edited:
Unless we get a straight sequel/prequel to Skyward Sword I don't think we will see Skyloft again. I still think that the city in the sky in Twilight Princess is what Skyloft has become over the thousands and thousands of years that separates them. However we probably will see Skyloft again and Skyward Sword may even get a trilogy much like Wind Waker since the graphics will be easy to replicate on a future handheld again like wind Waker. I think Nintendo thought of this idea which is why SS didn't answer as many questions as we wanted it to. I always thought the graphics of Skyward Sword were unnecessary since the Wii could run Twilight Princess with no problems at all... and the Wii is more powerful than the Gamecube, though not by that much... it still could have done it.

Back to topic though I think we will see the Twilight Realm again more than anything else, there is potential for a massive story between MM and TP to reveal where the whole realm came from or we could even get that in a sequel to TP, i dont think many other AT stories could be told without the Twilight coming back, but Nintendo don't seem to like the AT timeline since there are only really 2 games after the split of OoT (in my opinion anyway) which are MM and TP...

After seeing the gate of time in the sealed grounds in SS i think its more likely that the Twilight realm will come back because the design felt very similar...

MM and TP come on the child timeline... and in all technicality... The Dark World could almost be considered the Twilight Realm. I noticed some similarities in them in the mirror and the changing of people into animals and the like. While it's probably just coincidence, they are similarities that can be noted.

Grr, i always get AT and CT mixed up... i do try.. haha

Though a lot of Zelda theories are based on coincidence, its all we have since we aren't Shigeru and his team. Still I think the Twilight Realm will be the one to return depending on what timeline the game will be set in.

MM and TP come on the child timeline... and in all technicality... The Dark World could almost be considered the Twilight Realm. I noticed some similarities in them in the mirror and the changing of people into animals and the like. While it's probably just coincidence, they are similarities that can be noted.
I figured MM and WW were for the child timeline, as Link disappears from Hyrule in MM, leading to Hyrule's downfall prior to WW.

I figured MM and WW were for the child timeline, as Link disappears from Hyrule in MM, leading to Hyrule's downfall prior to WW.

No, cause Adult Link disappeared from the Adult Timeline, not the child timeline. At the end of MM he's seen riding back through the Lost Woods, so he does return to Hyrule in the Child Timeline.

E

Emperoreddy

Unless they do some direct sequels on the 3DS, Skyloft is done. It only has reason to still exist directly after SS as it is obviously abandoned to found Hyrule. Plot wise there is no real reason to revisit these outside lands, their stories have been told. In fact I don't want to go back to Terminia as all of its charm is tied into the plot of MM, everyone had a happy ending, leave it be. I doubt Twilight is coming back either, the mirror is broken, and there just isn't anything there to go forward. I guess you could do a prequel so it is possible in theory, just doubt Nintendo will do it. Personally I also hope we never see Twlight again, as it helps me to bury TP and everything that goes with it.

V

Vincentdante

I thought Skyloft was going to come crashing down and become castle town while I was playing SS :p

I wonder if there is a connection between skyloft and those strange chicken sky people in TP though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom