• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Skyloft "storage Facility"?

According to Nintendo Power's latest blowout there's a shop in Skyloft that allows you to store the items that won't fit in your inventory;

"...it also has a fortune teller, a storage facility (to store items that won't fit in your inventory) and a Scrap Shop..."

This bring up an interesting point; does this mean you won't be able to carry all of your items at once? Or will there be items too big for your inventory, needing to be stored somewhere else?

If it's the former, it would also mean there won't be telling how many items there will be in the game, since there will always be a limited amount of item slots.

What do you think?

i think we will be getting lots of items used to upgrade/ create equipment. so at some point, we will not able to cary all of them at once, so we will have to store them.
wow, this game has a lot of RPG elements, and its awesome!

Z

Zelda skyward

I think yonatesf is right, because that would explain why link has so many more items than he has item slots. So yes I think link will only be able to carry 8 items at a time (without counting bottles and shields since they're in a different item menu) and will have to go back to Skyloft to chose the items that would be the most useful to him. This once again comes back to what has been said by nintendo : items are more thoroughly used.

Vibed

must read before he posts
I'm thinking that the item storage only applies to the second wheel for bottles and shields. It would be way to annoying to swap out items from there whenever a puzzle required them.

I'm thinking that the item storage only applies to the second wheel for bottles and shields. It would be way to annoying to swap out items from there whenever a puzzle required them.

I think puzzles are gonna be far more environmental in this game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Simply Skyward Sword trying to take a jab at realism in a subtle way. We have the bank because, naturally, a person can only carry so much. In RPGs, there is usually a limit to how much of one material you can carry, and how much of all items combined you can carry (example: 20 and 10000 max items). People use banks to get around that, which is what Skyward Sword is doing. Now, what we put in the bank is up for grabs at this point, but I'm almost certain that we'll be storing rupees and the materials used to forge new stuff in the scrap shop. Maybe even we'll be storing combat items though it would be quite an inconvenience to have to backtrack all the way back to Skyloft. I'm sure Nintendo has a workaround for that as well but I haven't heard of it at this point in time :/

Vibed

must read before he posts
I think puzzles are gonna be far more environmental in this game.

Yes, but there will be some puzzles that require them. The notion that I have to go up to a storage in Skyloft to swap it out even once is a archaic design choice I shouldn't have to deal with.

In fact I think the idea is a contradiction to already posted info. For example, we know there will be moments where you are locked in a room with a baddie, win the fight, them collect the item, as shown with the Sky Temple Stalfos fight. You would have to use the item to get out, but what if your inventory was full? You can't just swap the item out and leave a different one behind instead.

All honesty, this is probably gonna be just like Monster Hunter where you keep your upgrade items in storage. Nothing too fancy.

lots of itens, some of them will stack up in one inventory slot (as seen in the Crafting Video), some will not (more unique/big itens) and there are a pre-determined number of slots and maybe bag upgrades.

it's confirmed that this game will have strong item usage and management feature, but i hope that this game will have a interesting hunting aspect too. Like the hunting quests in FFXII or in Monster Hunter or even some MMOs, where will have to go to certain areas under certain conditions in order to find some specific creatures that can drop a given item that you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom