• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloft = Sacred Realm Theory

T

TheDoctor

Sorry if this has already been posted... It makes sense... I think.
The Sacred Realm is the hiding place of the Triforce and we saw Link find the pieces of the Triforce in Skyloft in Skyward Sword... and how many floating islands above the clouds are there? Also I think after the event of Skyward Sword I think the people of Skyloft found out that their homeland must become the Sacred Realm, the resting place of the Triforce and for the safety and peace of Hyrule they moved, some down to the surface and some onto the 'City in the Sky' from Twilight Princess. :wolf: :midna: What do you guys think? :)

- The Doctor :tardis:

Link travels into the sacred realm for the TF pieces in SS, leaving Skyloft in the process. Skyloft is part of the mortal realm.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
No, the Sacred Realm is not in the same "space" as Skyloft, more like one dimension to the left.

Or, to use a different argument, it has the same co-ordinates in space and time, but not in probability.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Sorry if this has already been posted... It makes sense... I think.
The Sacred Realm is the hiding place of the Triforce and we saw Link find the pieces of the Triforce in Skyloft in Skyward Sword... and how many floating islands above the clouds are there? Also I think after the event of Skyward Sword I think the people of Skyloft found out that their homeland must become the Sacred Realm, the resting place of the Triforce and for the safety and peace of Hyrule they moved, some down to the surface and some onto the 'City in the Sky' from Twilight Princess. :wolf: :midna: What do you guys think? :)

- The Doctor :tardis:

I think you may be confusing Skyloft for Silent Realms. The Silent Realm is where the Triforce is stored in SS, but the location just happened to be on Skyloft (not really a coincidence considering Hylia put it there on purpose).

Also, it's pretty much agreed upon the fact that the City in the Sky is NOT Skyloft.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
To clarify:

City in the Sky:

CityInTheSky1-300x250.png

Skyloft:

Skyloft-Surface-connection.jpg

One is mechanical and artificial, while the other is just a set of floating rocks.

Skyloft =/= City in the Sky

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
*The Temple of Time was constructed to protect the "only known entrance" to the Sacred Realm
*The Temple of Time is thought to have been constructed on the ruins of the Sealed Temple
*The Sealed Temple is part of the Temple of Hylia (or the whole thing), part of which is Sky Keep
*The Triforce is found within portions of the Silent Realm accessed within Sky Keep
These support the idea of the Silent Realm being the Sacred Realm. Then, Skyloft is merely the place within the light realm through which the Sacred Realm was accessible. It's important to note that Skyloft wasn't always in the sky. The Temple of Hylia, and one can assume Sky Keep, were constructed on the ground.

edit: I don't think anyone in this thread claimed CitS = Skyloft, so I don't know what you two are going on about.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Here's a quote that I think sums up the Sacred Realm quite well...

Sheik said:
"The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart...the heart of one who enters it..."
Basically their are many realms within the mythology of Hyrule; Silent Realm, Dark World (LttP), Evil Realm, Twilight Realm, Dark World (FSA) and obviously the main one being the Sacred Realm. So if we look at these alternate worlds or realms they are actually similarities. All of them coexist within the main world, when travelling into one of the realms you are essentially in the same place but exist in a different realm.

In the Silent Realm, Link faces a challenge within that same area but exists in a new world however the setting stays the same, the same concept goes for the Dark World as well and the Twilight Realm seen in TP. The evil realm is barley mentioned however this is the realm that Ganondorf is sealed in at the end of Ocarina of Time. Now the Sacred Realm is said to alter it's appearance depending on who enters, in LttP the appearance of Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm turned it into the Dark World. So this is basically the same concept here, since the Triforce is out of the Realm and within the chosen ones he is sealed within the Sacred Realm, now named the Evil Realm.

I like to think as the Realms all being the same world, they alter in appearance depending on who enters, the appearance of the Silent Realm was quite light as Link entered the realm however in the Dark World Ganon entered meaning it became a realm full of darkness. The Twilight Realm in my opinion is a tough subject since in ways it does coexist with Light World, however through the Mirror one goes to a completely different setting. If my theory is right and all the realms are indeed connected then what is this exact place? This is something I've been thinking of as of late and somehow think that the actual location of the Palace of Twilight is in fact connected to the Sky we seen surrounding Skyloft. I know it sounds a bit out there an i will probably post a theory going in full detail as i actually think it could work.

Last edited:
I agree with you about 100%. I completely believe the Silent Realm, Dark World/Evil Realm, and the Sacred Realm are the same and the Twilight Realm is a third seperate realm (actually I don't believe it's even a seperate realm possibly the "gap between dimensions" Ganon mentions in OoT (starts writing the "Zant is Phantom Ganon from OoT" fan fiction). Like you said all the realms besides the Twilight Realm Co-Exist with the regular world kinda like a film being placed over top of everything making it a tad darker or a tad different not changing anything structurally. The Twilight Realm is a totally separate plane of existence. The Palace of Twilight doesn't exist in any form in the real world but the Dark World's Pyramid in LttP does exist as Hyrule Castle in the regular world, for example.

I believe Skyloft is clearly the floating island that appears in the concept art of The Sacred Realm released back in the day. Just like the Loftwing is on the Hylian Shield.

But as most would claim, the Sacred Realm is everywhere.

But considering the Temple of Light is located in the centre of the Sacred Realm, it's almost safe to assume that Skyloft is actually The Temple of Light. But that's pure speculation.

And I believe myself that the silent realm, evil realm, and sacred realm are the same.

However I believe the Twilight Realm may be different, but perhaps not.

To clarify:

City in the Sky:

CityInTheSky1-300x250.png

Skyloft:

Skyloft-Surface-connection.jpg

One is mechanical and artificial, while the other is just a set of floating rocks.

Skyloft =/= City in the Sky

I believe a reasonable theory would suggest that the city in the sky was built as a religious symbol which is designed to resemble Skyloft.

Last edited:

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
The Sacred Realm is a spiritual, non-physical location.

This is indicated most strongly in OoT, which though it comes later in the timeline, explains a lot of stuff in SS, and vice versa. People couldn't live in the same space as the Triforce because it was so coveted. Therefore, the Sky Keep served as the entrance to the Sacred Realm, but was not the same place, so that the chosen one could access it, but not just any random person could. At this point, in SS, the realm isn't sealed by the Master Sword, so it could be accessed easily otherwise. That's why Hylia sought to change this, to protect the Triforce from Demise.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
NewJourneysFire said:
I believe a reasonable theory would suggest that the city in the sky was built as a religious symbol which is designed to resemble Skyloft.
Well the City in the Sky was built by and inhabited the tribe known as the Oocca. We know very llittle about this tribe but we do know is that they helped form the Kingdom of Hyrule, they are probably ancient and I would say so is the land they live in, in my opinion the City in the Sky and Skyloft are not connected.

Donutwizard

The Angry Mask Salesman
I made a thread a while back about how the Silent Realm=Sacred Realm=Twilight Realm, which I think is sort of connected to skyloft, because you can enter the Silent Realm from Skykeep.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't know why this thread has been resurrected, but anyway

I agree with everything Locke said, and what I already said:

The Sacred Realm does not exist in the physical (light) realm. It can be accessed at certain points in the light realm e.g. the Temple of Time/Skykeep/Temple of Hylia, which at the end of SS all become pretty much the same thing, or at least what remains of them are within the constructs of the OoT Temple of Time. Skyloft bears no relation to any of this, it was just a piece of land that Hylia put in the sky to protect the people from Demise. It was originally part of the land below, but there is nothing special about it other than that.

Also, City In The Sky has even less to do with anything than anything else here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom