• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloft; Just a Village?

As we've all seen in the gameplay demo's and trailer from E3, Skyloft is a small village on a floating island.
But this seems to be conflicting with information given earlier. Eiji Aonuma himself said Skyloft was a 'land above the clouds'.
So what's the deal?
In the bird-flying demo a big, artificial looking dome of clouds is visible behind the island with the village. Could this be a barrier set up specifically
for the demo to prevent players from going that direction, or even seeing what's there? Could there be a whole bunch of inhabited islands above the clouds?

What do you guys think? Is Skyloft just one village, with tiny islands floating around? Is it a collection or land consisting of multiple inhabited islands?
Or is it something in between; just one inhabited island with many uninhabited, but equally large, islands floating around?
Or something completely else?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
The village that we saw in the trailer was the main village that was located on the biggest island. There are other islands scattered around that probably have some other houses and things on there too. From what I've heard, the Sky Temple was also located on one of those islands.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
We could also have confirmation of one of those island being the City the Sky Dungeon in TP.

Does anyone know if we'll see the Oocca.

remember its just a demo, and player were never given the chance to explore. im sure there more to it then what was shown in e3

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
It's definitely more like a land than just a village. Or the land holds the village of Skyloft. It could work either way.

The Sky Temple is actually down in Hyrule.
Also, I know about the small islands floating around the village. What I'm wondering is if there will be other islands as big or even bigger than the one with the village on it. Will there be other inhabited islands? Might there even be a small city somewhere?
The birds seem pointless without somewhere significant to travel to, don't you think?

The whole Sky is the overworld. It's like the Great Sea in that sense. Skyloft is the Outset of Skyward Sword.

That's exactly what I've always thought, ever since last year's E3, but some conflicting messages made me consider other possibilities.
Mainly, Skyloft being quite small, just a village etc. I'm still pretty sure it's like the Great Sea, I was just wondering what other people were thinking.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
The Sky Temple is actually down in Hyrule.

o_O There was a guy who talked to a Nintendo rep who said that when Link was whipped away by the tornado, he ended up landing on the sky island that had the Sky Temple.

Wouldn't it make sense for the SkyTemple to be, well, in the sky? From what I can remember, every single sky-themed dungeon in Zelda was in the sky.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
o_O There was a guy who talked to a Nintendo rep who said that when Link was whipped away by the tornado, he ended up landing on the sky island that had the Sky Temple.

Wouldn't it make sense for the SkyTemple to be, well, in the sky? From what I can remember, every single sky-themed dungeon in Zelda was in the sky.

It's confirmed that it's on the ground. Why, we don't know.

A lot of the questions you've inquired have been confirmed.

There will be TWO overworlds, "land" and "sky". The sky overworld will be something like the Great Sea (WW), except you will be flying and of course you will be in the sky. I recall several others speaking of the ability to "drop from your bird and explore other islands in the sky", or something like that.

The majority of the "land below" overworld is purportedly "dungeon-esque" with a lot more enemy activity, apparently. Why Sky Temple dwells there has greatly intrigued my inner-theorist.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Part of the Sky Temple is on land, the other on sky. You probably get there by sky. It makes sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom