• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloft Is Multiple Islands?

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Aonuma: "Now Link resides in Skyloft. He's, again, just your average kid. He doesn't think there's anything unusual about living on these floating islands."

Wait a minute....islands? Plural? As in there is more than one land mass in floating in the sky?? Does this mean that Skyloft is more than one place, but multiple islands? :S

Hmm....any theories about this?

Maybe there are seperate islands but they're all connected by wooden bridges?? Pff, I don't know! :shake:

Here's the link to the video (found on Zelda Informer): http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/06/eiji-aonuma-interview-skyward-sword-storyline-details.php

13foxes

Hm.. If there's only one floating island, it's would be very easy to explore the world below. You just need to jump off the island. But if they make multiple floating island, it's maybe harder, maybe you need to get an item to get to the other ones. It's would be more interesting, rather than just flying up the cloud - jumping off the cloud. Oh, and if they're connected by wooden bridge, it's doesn't sound like the sky to me. Maybe by clouds, or birds,...?

I knew it! Skyloft wasn't a city! It is a country! Maybe the country is connected until you reach it using hyrule. I meman, maybe you go to a certain part of hyrule, and jump with you sword pulling you up to the clouds. Then, when visiting a new part of skyloft, it connects to the parts you unlocked via bridge or teleport. Also, he said there was an evil on the clouds, but earlier he said it was on the floor. Which drives me too think that there is a slope of clouds. Like a staircase made of clouds that leads to the ground.

disturbed42

Which drives me too think that there is a slope of clouds. Like a staircase made of clouds that leads to the ground.

Then why does Nintendo torture us with video footage of Link looking like a total beast jumping into the clouds?!
Maybe he jumps off of Skyloft....and lands on a giant slide made up of clouds! xD

Z

Zenu

Think about Skyloft like the sea in wind waker, there probably is way to travel between islands. I'm expecting something like a plane. Think of the land like Hyrule in wind waker except that it is the full land instead of just Ganon's castle; canons might be the way back up to Skyloft.

That gets me excited. I hope its like two worlds to explore, but I kinda think skyloft will be the overworld and hyrule will be the dungeons. The forest will be a dungeon, then mountains, and slowly link clears all evil from hyrule by defeating these dungeons.

I think it would be really cool to have multiple islands instead of one big one. However, if that's the case, they'd better make each island pretty decently sized, unlike the islands in WW. Actually, an idea that me and my friend had the other day was that perhaps there are multiple islands which connect, almost like a stairway (as someone else in this thread said), Hyrule and Sky Loft. And then perhaps Link gets the Roc's Cape, either before he leaves Sky Loft, enabling him to get down to Hyrule, or at some point after he reaches Hyrule, and allowing him to climb back up. But just the idea of the Roc's Cape in this game would be awesome: especially if there were a bunch of other islands you could fly/glide to with it.

J

jono000

Has anyone ever played the .hack games if i remember correctly there is a town in the sky where islands are connected by planks of wood maybe we can expect this from Skyward Sword

OMG My internet is killing me! If it is impactful and not symbolic, then maybe it is the end of the game. A suiside jump. I was thinking about the title of that one topic. "How does Link fall and Survive?" What if he doesn't survive. Also, if by .hack games you mean an ips patch for OoT or MM, where? If not, what do you mean?

disturbed42

If it is impactful and not symbolic, then maybe it is the end of the game. A suiside jump. I was thinking about the title of that one topic. "How does Link fall and Survive?" What if he doesn't survive.

I don't think Nintendo would make Link commit suicide. That's way too dark for a Zelda game. They'd never do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom