• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyloft, City in the Sky, Lofwings, Ooccas, Wind Tribe, Palace of the Winds O_o

OK, I'm trying to wrap my mind over the fate of Skyloft, we can pretty much assure that the City in the Sky is Skyloft in the future, but what exactly are the Ooccas? My guess is that the godesses evolved the loftwings in to the Ooccas to guard Skyloft, the rules of evolution does not apply in Zelda as stated by the ritos being an swift evolution of the Zoras. Now there is this tribe that everyone forgets about, the wind people from Minish Cap. There is never stated that they created the palace of the winds, it was pretty much there already, it's said that they somehow went to the sky from the ground, so are they the descendants of the skyloftians? Where they already there but regularly descended to Hyrule as they already know how? What happened to the loftwings or the ooccas? Are the ooccas actually the wind tribe? Although that last theory seems unlikely as in four swords adventures there isn't a trace of the wind tribe but the structure is still there just occupied by Vaati, so he probably killed them all

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No, we can't assure that the CitS is Skyloft, actually. The CitS was built by the Oocca. Skyloft is part of Hyrule. The City hovers from giant propellers. Skyloft floats due to a majestic force. There's no way they're the same. It's also quite assumable that the Skyloftians moved down to the surface and that Skyloft was re-united with earth again. There was no more reason for the people to live in the sky anymore, so surely Skyloft would have been brought back down. In other words, none of this is really plausible.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Given that we do see people return to skyloft, I'd say it's more likely that the divine powers keeping it afloat began to waver and eventually the skyloftians began resorting to mechanical means to keep it flying. They're certainly capable of it and I highly doubt that freaky headed chickens built that city. It also seems to be in ruins. If the Ooccaa built it, why don't they repair it?
All of this makes a lot of sense. Even before SS there has been debate over whether the CitS was held up by the propellers or by magic. So maybe it's a combination. Also, the Clawshots (one of them) are found in the CitS, and it's now known to be an item left by the Goddess for SS-Link.

Well, we can take a closer look at these things and see if they look alike. Ocoos have the faces of mothers and children. They could of once been human, and as for Skyloft. It would of came down reuniting with the world had Link of saved the world from demons. Theres a wind tribe in MC? Well that is more likley to be the same. Of course I have not beaten SS yet, neither have I played MC, so I will look in to that.;)

R

ravenhinamori

I partially agree with TheBlueReptile in that the skyloftians most likely went to the surfuace, probably creating hyrule. I doubt that ooccos would have come from loftwings. That seems like backwards evolution. Skyloft may be the city in the sky, but I doubt that the inhabitants of either city have anything to do with each other.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

I'm going a little off-topic on this one. And what i'm saying is not personally meant for you ganonlink1991, but most members in general.
Whats with all the far fetched theories lately people? I have said this multiple times in other threads before, and personally its kinda bugging me.
There is a difference between theorizing and making ideas without any "good" arguments to support your statements.

Now on-topic. There are multiple indications that the zora indeed became the rito.
But they only connection you mention with Skyloft, City in the Sky and Palace of the winds is they are all in the sky.
Now there is a slight chance that City in the Sky may be Skyloft, simply because i doubt that the Ooccas built the City themselfs.

But please, that the Ooccas evolved from humanoid creatures? If the Skyloftions made babies with their Lofwing and that baby somehow made babies with a ugly cuccoo then its possible yes. <--- 100% my idea

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
ok, makin this clear the palace of winds was created by the wind tribe because they could no longer live in the area surrounding the earth temple so no they are not the same. but and i havent played SS yet skyloft and citS being the same was acctually the first thing that popped into my mind when i first saw skyloft (the mark of a true theorist :D)

And insert random sonic here: Sonic-running.gif

The main city of skyloft could not become the CitS due to it becoming castle town, But the other floating islands could potentially become the CitS

What is there to indicate that Skyloft became castle town?
I may well have missed something but the possibility hadn't even crossed my mind.

You didn't miss anything, It's never said or implied anywhere that Skyloft becomes Castletown. That statement is pure speculation with no supporting in game or canon theory.

You didn't miss anything, It's never said or implied anywhere that Skyloft becomes Castletown. That statement is pure speculation with no supporting in game or canon theory.
Agreed. And yet... If Skyloft is a piece of Hyrule lifted into the heavens because of the Demise situation, and with Demise defeated, Skyloft would surely return to the surface. And where could it fit? We haven't seen any huge craters besides Sealed Grounds (wherein the Goddess Statue islet fits) so people are guessing that the huge central area between the three provinces is where the land that was Skyloft resides. Which would roughly match up with where Castle Town would eventually be built.

The one thing that is for certain is that the cloud barrier is now gone at the end of SS. You know this since it shows the Loftwings actually descending and landing on the surface. I do think that over a period of time that Skyloft becomes the City in the Sky, given technology progression and the like over the years. I don't think the Oocca actually have any connection with the founding of Hyrule, but just eventually inhabit the abandoned city.

Also take into consideration that each game has different themes. For instance, you take the same places per game and compare them and there's going to be differences just due to the overall theme of the game. Look at Castletown in OoT and in TP. Everything about TP is supposed to be massive and epic feeling while in OoT it wasn't supposed to be which is why the cities feel and look so different, the same for Zora's domain.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
This is one theory I cannot put my finger on. It seems like it could be right but yet there is a ton of evidence against all the theories. I will start with the City in The Sky. First off your jumping to conclusions a little too fast. It's not 100% sure that Skyloft is the City in The Sky. Evidence for it, it's in the sky, it looks like it is in ruins so it must have been from long ago, the outdoor area looks sorta like the fields in Skyloft, and the shape and ground reminds me slightly of Skyloft. However Skyloft was always above the sealed grounds, not Lake Hylia, also where did the Ooccas come from, and where are all the tiny islands. Next is for the Loftwing and Ooccas theory. Ok no offense against you but I am 90% sure this is incorrect. The Goddess took the huge loft wings and turned them into small helpless creatures. The Loftwings would have a better chance of protecting Skyloft than those Oocca! And also they look nothing alike!! One is huge, colorful, and has huge wings that allow them to fly out in the sky. The other are tiny, un colorful, tiny wings only letting them fly slightly above the ground. As for the Wind Tribe I can't tell you much on that because I have never played Minish Cap. However when looking at the Palace of Winds it does not look like Skyloft to me.

The whole cannon at Lake Hylia thing is just coincidence. Just because it's located there does not mean it blasts you onto the same area that's right above it. It blasts you at an angle and from what Falbi says about it, it has a crapton of power, which leads me to believe that the City in the Sky is located some distance away from the Lake. I highly doubt the Oocca have any connection to anything in the Zelda universe and are their own respective species/race entirely. As far as the whole idea in TP that the Oocca are the original creators of the Hylians or Hyrule, whichever it was, I think that's just more along the premise of the ancient people that came from the sky and that the Oocca are the ones that currently occupy the place that the original people came from.

In other words, it's a legend that got lost but was recollected later and the Oocca were discovered and the legends were then based off of them because that's all that was known at the time.

It isn't confirmed that Skyloft even returns to the ground at all. IN fact I think it less than likely due to the presence of the City in the sky in TP.
The crater left by the Goddess Statue was the huge area of the Sealed Grounds. A crater left by Skyloft would be all that much larger, yet we never see such a crater in the middle of Hyrule, where Castle Town sits. It's far more reasonable to believe that after serving its purpose protecting people from Demise, Skyloft returned to the surface, fitting in whatever massive crater we have never seen.

There is no connection between the City in the Sky and Skyloft. They look nothing alike, and the Oocca created the City in the Sky.

The crater left by the Goddess Statue was the huge area of the Sealed Grounds. A crater left by Skyloft would be all that much larger, yet we never see such a crater in the middle of Hyrule, where Castle Town sits. It's far more reasonable to believe that after serving its purpose protecting people from Demise, Skyloft returned to the surface, fitting in whatever massive crater we have never seen.

There is no connection between the City in the Sky and Skyloft. They look nothing alike, and the Oocca created the City in the Sky.

The Oocca "supposedly" created the City in the Sky. Nothing is known about it for sure, even the scholars of Hyrule are merely speculating on that idea. Granted they look nothing alike in their current states, but you don't like like you did as a baby now do you? Times and technology change, especially given the amount of time between SS and TP, it's completely possible and logical that the city of Skyloft could change to what it is in TP and still be abandoned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom